• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Free Agents

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue becomes how to keep those 12 players with just $15 million.
Give wilson the input he wants in exchange for taking a lower salary.

Brady took a $25 mil deal, gronk cost $10.

Wilsons cap hit was $35.

Brady won another superbowl while wilson sits at home counting his stacks of cash.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give wilson the input he wants in exchange for taking a lower salary.

Brady took a $25 mil deal, gronk cost $10.

Wilsons cap hit was $35.

Brady won another superbowl while wilson sits at home counting his stacks of cash.
Actually a 43 year old Brady took a two year 53 million $ deal which 50 million was guaranteed. Really a bit of a miracle that at that advance age Brady can still perform and could still command that kind of contract. QBs want to eat their cake and still have it, they suck up a enormous amount of the cap then complain when the team can't sign or keep other players who also want to suck up big chunks of the cap. Drew Brees will only make $12 million at age 42 with zero $ guaranteed.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually a 43 year old Brady took a two year 53 million $ deal which 50 million was guaranteed. Really a bit of a miracle that at that advance age Brady can still perform and could still command that kind of contract. QBs want to eat their cake and still have it, they suck up a enormous amount of the cap then complain when the team can't sign or keep other players who also want to suck up big chunks of the cap. Drew Brees will only make $12 million at age 42 with zero $ guaranteed.

Brady has been doing that his whole career, and i believe he could have gotten more than 25. Tampa wasnt the only team that wanted him, im sure.

Im not criticising wilson, brady is one of a kind, no other player has done what he did not even peyton manning.

Its just almost impossible to win a superbowl when your qb takes 20% of the cap.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just almost impossible to win a superbowl when your qb takes 20% of the cap.
It is extremely hard with that kind of a cap hit. It's also extremely hard to do without a top notch QB. Kind of a catch 22.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints releases josh hill, good blocking TE could fit what they want and need.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the question about what Britt is up to has been answered. Looks like we will still need Poncic.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team is very high on Darrell Taylor...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the question about what Britt is up to has been answered. Looks like we will still need Poncic.

Man, wish the Hawks would have made a play on a contract at 5 mill. He is worth 5 mill a year and would have been an upgrade. It was Rare Britt ever got bullied on the LoS. Only person that ever really did was Donald and well he bullies everyone, But i saw Britt put Donald on his ass many times in the running game also. He was a BIG STRONG monster of a man. Wasn't he like one of the biggest Centers in the NFL? Yes not really a probowler but on a good season he could be if you get my meaning. Tiny bit ( and i do mean tiny ) Better than average and bigger and stronger than most other centers. lol

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this. Frees up $14 million but also the big problem with the lack of pass rush rears it's ugly head again.
I'm crossing my fingers that the market sends him back to Seattle with a $7 to 8 million contract but I don't like the odds.

I. FEEL.......

the office rage GIF

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this. Frees up $14 million but also the big problem with the lack of pass rush rears it's ugly head again.
I'm crossing my fingers that the market sends him back to Seattle with a $7 to 8 million contract but I don't like the odds.

They will try and resign him but he showed renewed interest in the game once he went to Seattle and someone will pay him more than the Hawks are willing to. Sucks when you trade for a guy and then you can't keep them. These band-aid moves we have seen from JS and PC the past few years have crippled this team. Starting to feel like TR all over again.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks to lose him but hopefully he liked it here to re-sign back. There's a few playoff teams have some cap space that will make a play but can't over spend. Only the Colts at 44mil under the cap could do an over pay but I don't really know what their line situation is. Most other playoff teams are either a tad above the cap or below.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks to lose him but hopefully he liked it here to re-sign back. There's a few playoff teams have some cap space that will make a play but can't over spend. Only the Colts at 44mil under the cap could do an over pay but I don't really know what their line situation is. Most other playoff teams are either a tad above the cap or below.

Lets hope he foregoes a big pay-day for a chance to play and win a Superbowl. That would knock a lot of teams out of the running that have cap space. Playing on the Bengals for so long and rarely getting a chance in the playoffs just might make him want to stick around. Fingers crossed because I think he can help this team.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, wish the Hawks would have made a play on a contract at 5 mill. He is worth 5 mill a year and would have been an upgrade. It was Rare Britt ever got bullied on the LoS. Only person that ever really did was Donald and well he bullies everyone, But i saw Britt put Donald on his ass many times in the running game also. He was a BIG STRONG monster of a man. Wasn't he like one of the biggest Centers in the NFL? Yes not really a probowler but on a good season he could be if you get my meaning. Tiny bit ( and i do mean tiny ) Better than average and bigger and stronger than most other centers. lol
I guess it all depends on his health prognosis. If his ACL isn't 100% then it would be a huge risk to rely on him. But I don't believe he was ever medically evaluated or considered by the Seahawks. But yeah, I wouldn't have minded seeing him in the blue/green again.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope he foregoes a big pay-day for a chance to play and win a Superbowl. That would knock a lot of teams out of the running that have cap space. Playing on the Bengals for so long and rarely getting a chance in the playoffs just might make him want to stick around. Fingers crossed because I think he can help this team.
The D-line had a nice surge of production when he got here so hopefully he doesn't go the JJ Watt route and comes back. I'm ready for FA to get started.