• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 draft

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Big ugly - O
2. Big ugly - D
3. QB
4. Edge rusher
5. ILB

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERY freaking year Bear fans want a WR. EVERY. YEAR.
Who here has said they want the Bears to take a WR with their 1st or even 2nd pick? The only reason this position may come into play that soon is if ARob walks. If he stays, I see no need to take one any higher than 3rd, maybe even later than that. I want the Bears to concentrate on the trenches. Perhaps if he does walk, we can ink a FA, but aside from that, we're in deep yogurt if we're minus him and all we have left are the remaining WRs. Are you gonna tell me that you'd be fine with the remaining cast minus ARob?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who here has said they want the Bears to take a WR with their 1st or even 2nd pick? The only reason this position may come into play that soon is if ARob walks. If he stays, I see no need to take one any higher than 3rd, maybe even later than that. I want the Bears to concentrate on the trenches. Perhaps if he does walk, we can ink a FA, but aside from that, we're in deep yogurt if we're minus him and all we have left are the remaining WRs. Are you gonna tell me that you'd be fine with the remaining cast minus ARob?

I think they'll tag Robinson.
IF Arob walks? No, the Bears do not have the cap space to tag Robinson... In fact, I don't think they could tag Mitch. So if you're going to bring another FA mediocre QB, you'll need $$$$ to do that, even if he is mediocre at best. They're in the hole in cap money's next year, though I'm hearing the next years salary cap may get them to $15 million available of which you need $4 mil ish for draft picks. that's forgetting all the FA you have to sign... Like Ifredi or Gipson, not to mention what to do with DE Roberston-Harris or other F/A's....

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Arob walks? No, the Bears do not have the cap space to tag Robinson... In fact, I don't think they could tag Mitch. So if you're going to bring another FA mediocre QB, you'll need $$$$ to do that, even if he is mediocre at best. They're in the hole in cap money's next year, though I'm hearing the next years salary cap may get them to $15 million available of which you need $4 mil ish for draft picks. that's forgetting all the FA you have to sign... Like Ifredi or Gipson, not to mention what to do with DE Roberston-Harris or other F/A's....
I don't get too into all the contract stuff, as there always seems to be ways around that stuff, especially with the offseason not even started.

Ifedi is on a near league minimum contract this year, but I'm not sure he even warrants that, particularly with Bars and Mustiphson's play.

But ya, this offseason could get interesting. Might lose some big names.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeShaun Watson could be available.....Trubisky and our first for him......?.....Probably not enough,but I wouldnt mind seeing him here.....

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeShaun Watson could be available.....Trubisky and our first for him......?.....Probably not enough,but I wouldnt mind seeing him here.....

lol snowball chance in hell they would take that for one of the better QBs in the game. Trubisky has very little value. I'm thinking atleast 2 1st rounders minimum to start the discussion.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol snowball chance in hell they would take that for one of the better QBs in the game. Trubisky has very little value. I'm thinking atleast 2 1st rounders minimum to start the discussion.
We should be all ears.....

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get too into all the contract stuff, as there always seems to be ways around that stuff, especially with the offseason not even started.

Ifedi is on a near league minimum contract this year, but I'm not sure he even warrants that, particularly with Bars and Mustiphson's play.

But ya, this offseason could get interesting. Might lose some big names.
Ifredi has played as well as Massie and shown the ability to play G and T without the plethora of penalties he managed when playing in Seattle. He has been a regular starter the last 4 years. Now that the Bears have shown that he can play penalty free (mostly) the market for him will go up significantly.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ifredi has played as well as Massie and shown the ability to play G and T without the plethora of penalties he managed when playing in Seattle. He has been a regular starter the last 4 years. Now that the Bears have shown that he can play penalty free (mostly) the market for him will go up significantly.

I would not match it, but that's just me.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not match it, but that's just me.
I'm counting on the Bears drafting 1 or 2 OT's this draft. Fill the hole at RT, sadly live with Leno one more year. Leno can't play RT so the options are very limited.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we're doing about QB? We either keeping Mitch or drafting a QB early

Trey Lance (proj. mid-late 1st)
Mac Jones (late 1st - 2nd)
Kyle Trask (2nd - 3rd)

...... Big drop off ....

Ian Book
Sam Elinger
Felepi Franks
Kellen Mond
Jamie Newman
etc ...

I'm not sticking around with Mitch anymore. Ideally we can grab a OT first and hopefully Jones or Trask is still avalible in the 2nd

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyle Trask (2nd - 3rd)

...... Big drop off ....

Ian Book
Sam Elinger
Felepi Franks
Kellen Mond
Jamie Newman
etc ...

I'm not sticking around with Mitch anymore. Ideally we can grab a OT first and hopefully Jones or Trask is still avalible in the 2nd
Todd McShay brought up Zach Wilson as a top 5 qb and WFC has him rated at no.3... .....

I thought Mac Jones looked impressive in the Champuonship game Monday.....

Id take the chance with with Mac or Zach with our first.......Ot with the 2nd.

Nice post btw.....

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyle Trask (2nd - 3rd)

...... Big drop off ....

Ian Book
Sam Elinger
Felepi Franks
Kellen Mond
Jamie Newman
etc ...

Todd McShay brought up Zach Wilson as a top 5 qb and WFC has him rated at no.3... .....

I thought Mac Jones looked impressive in the Champuonship game Monday.....

Id take the chance with with Mac or Zach with our first.......Ot with the 2nd.

Nice post btw.....
Both are good posts. My only comment here is I think Jones might have cemented himself to be taken in the 1st round with that performance against OS. I think each of you make a good argument for taking an OT/QB in either of the first two rounds. I'm definitely more for using the 1st on the OL, unless a killer OLB/Edge falls in our laps. But I also have to say if we're planning on dumping Mitch, then grabbing a QB at some point within the first two rounds may become necessary.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are good posts. My only comment here is I think Jones might have cemented himself to be taken in the 1st round with that performance against OS. I think each of you make a good argument for taking an OT/QB in either of the first two rounds. I'm definitely more for using the 1st on the OL, unless a killer OLB/Edge falls in our laps. But I also have to say if we're planning on dumping Mitch, then grabbing a QB at some point within the first two rounds may become necessary.
Yea, what comes first, the chicken or the egg. In this case, you probably would have to go with the QB in the first. Would prefer a T in the first but a QB could work as well. My guess is, Jones. Every mock I've seen has Wilson going higher, in fact Walter has him going to Atlanta with pick 4 or 5? Sadly, Jones will need a better blocking O Line that what the Bears currently have. I know the Bears get Daniels back next season which will help the interior, but losing Ifredi, hopefully cutting Massie, they still have Leno... Ugh.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following is not to be interpreted as a wish that the Bears use the #20 pick on a QB. In terms of position, my top wish remains grabbing someone from the OL, but I'll dedicate that in another post. However, if the Bears are hellbent on taking a QB with their first pick, the chances are probably fairly high that the consensus top 4 QBs will be gone by the time we pick at #20. Those four are:

Trevor Lawrence, Clemson
Justin Fields, Ohio St
Zach Wilson, BYU
Trey Lance, North Dakota St.

Of these four, only Lance is rated at best a late 1st rd or even 2nd rd talent. The other three will undoubtedly be taken within the first 7 or 8 picks. But necessity + panic often dictates earlier than projected QB selections. So I doubt any of these four will be there when Pace selects. Hell, maybe even an additional QB or two could be gone as well. Not likely, but again we're talking QBs and panicked teams. The next three consensus-ranked QBs are:

Kyle Trask, Florida
Mac Jones, Alabama
Jamie Newman, Georgia

At least one of these three should be there when the Bears select. Actually, all three are rated as 2nd round talents. However, Jones may have seen his stock rise with that performance in the championship game against Ohio St, and might be considered the most NFL-ready of the three, probably more ready even than Lance. Both Trask and Newman are large, rather lumbering athletes with strong arms and little mobility (altho slighter in build, Jones is no gazelle either). If we're ok with a strong, primarily pocket passer, Trask could fit the bill. Ideally, he would still be there for our 2nd pick, but I wouldn't bank on it.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Mac Jones worth a 1st Round selection?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you’re drafting Wentz with your 1st this year and maybe next year too?

Goff vs Wentz in the North.