• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 draft

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It maybe waaaaay too early for draft talk,but hell with it......

I was watching the local news station yesterday and they interviewed Iowa Hawkyes Daviyon Nixon.....

Hes Mel Kipers top rated DT and made his top 10 of overall players in this years draft.........

Daviyon went on to saying he would be veru very interested in playing for the Bears......
Kinda interesting,but do we really need another dt......?.....And he most likely would not even be there by the time we picked.......

Walterfootball camp has him ranked no.2 ........And a 2-3 round prediction....
And you gotta love a guy that wants to come to Chicago to play......

Anyone hear of this guy or have any thoughts about this....

Daviyon Nixon*, DT, Iowa
Height: 6-3. Weight: 305.
Projected 40 Time: 5.2.
Projected Round (2021): 2-3.
View Ranking History

12/19/20: Nixon was very good for Iowa in 2020, getting after the quarterback and showing improvement as a run defender. Nixon has quickness at the point of attack and an ability to close on the quarterback. Some team sources say they have given Nixon a grade of late second-, early third-round grades for the 2021 NFL Draft. They feel that Nixon has big upside to develop into a good pro. If he does enter the 2021 NFL Draft, he could rise with good workouts as this is not a strong draft for defensive tackle talent.

9/5/20: The Kenosha, Wisconsin product broke out in 2019, showing quickness to get upfield and cause problems behind the line of scrimmage. Nixon wasn't even a full-time starter, but he still produced solid production for an interior defensive lineman. He could have been a riser if he had played every down, and he could be even better now that he has some experience.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never too early for draft talk. If the Bears first round pick isn’t the best LT sitting on the board....they are stupid.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never too early for draft talk. If the Bears first round pick isn’t the best LT sitting on the board....they are stupid.

Well thats what I really think,but this kid qas lobbying for the Bears.....Hes a from Kenosha,Wi qhich is close to Chicago,which is just a few miles away.......

If hes there in the 2nd,such as WFC thinks,maube we pull thhe trigger......

Being Mel says top 10 talent and WFC says a 2-3 rde'er to me thats a mile apart.......

Js

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming we continue with a 3-4 lineup, this seems to be a quality pick to eventually replace Hicks, who can still bring it of course, but he's not getting any younger. Agreed, it's nice to see someone actually WANT to play for da Bears. Position-wise tho, I'm hoping our first two picks will land us a quality OT, preferably LT, and an EDGE. Our OL really improved down the stretch, but we're far from being considered an upper tier line. We need some help there and a 1st rounder could very well step right in as a starter. On the edge side of things Mack, like Hicks, still brings it, but he too is not getting any younger. The Quinn experiment has been a disaster. I do have to say tho, I've liked seeing what some of the guys like Urban, Mingo, and Edwards have brought to the table. So maybe EDGE won't be quite the in-demand position, but still, if a good pass rusher slipped to our slot in the 2nd, that would be hard to pass up.

Notice as I said this is by position. We all know the Bears, like most other teams, go with the BPA, position be damned. But back to drafting by position, I am concerned that if Trubisky is not extended - or even if he is and say we dump Foles instead - will we go with a QB? I hope not, but we can't rule this out. I fear even more that they'll be tempted to take a WR with their first, which obviously will have meant that we let ARob walk. As thrilled as I've been with the way Mooney has come thru for us this year, I'm not seeing him as a true #1. And I have no explanation at all as to why Miller has not risen to the level we all expected of him. The rest of our corps are just scrubs at best. So if ARob walks, we'll really have a dearth of talent in the receiver dept. Using a 1st or 2nd may become almost mandatory, which sucks big time. We should be focusing on the trenches. That's where the battles are won or lost.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rejecting this thread out of principle because we have a playoff game this weekend.

Could you guys imagine if this team ran out 4 straight and won the Super Bowl?

Holy sh*t...I'm in shock just thinking about it. It won't happen...but it could be argued it was the greatest about face in NFL history if it did...

Draft...*spits on floor* Not on my watch.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming we continue with a 3-4 lineup, this seems to be a quality pick to eventually replace Hicks, who can still bring it of course, but he's not getting any younger. Agreed, it's nice to see someone actually WANT to play for da Bears. Position-wise tho, I'm hoping our first two picks will land us a quality OT, preferably LT, and an EDGE. Our OL really improved down the stretch, but we're far from being considered an upper tier line. We need some help there and a 1st rounder could very well step right in as a starter. On the edge side of things Mack, like Hicks, still brings it, but he too is not getting any younger. The Quinn experiment has been a disaster. I do have to say tho, I've liked seeing what some of the guys like Urban, Mingo, and Edwards have brought to the table. So maybe EDGE won't be quite the in-demand position, but still, if a good pass rusher slipped to our slot in the 2nd, that would be hard to pass up.

Notice as I said this is by position. We all know the Bears, like most other teams, go with the BPA, position be damned. But back to drafting by position, I am concerned that if Trubisky is not extended - or even if he is and say we dump Foles instead - will we go with a QB? I hope not, but we can't rule this out. I fear even more that they'll be tempted to take a WR with their first, which obviously will have meant that we let ARob walk. As thrilled as I've been with the way Mooney has come thru for us this year, I'm not seeing him as a true #1. And I have no explanation at all as to why Miller has not risen to the level we all expected of him. The rest of our corps are just scrubs at best. So if ARob walks, we'll really have a dearth of talent in the receiver dept. Using a 1st or 2nd may become almost mandatory, which sucks big time. We should be focusing on the trenches. That's where the battles are won or lost.

I think if ARob walks you fill the position with someone a little further down the FA list. You won't get a player as good as Allen but you can find a starter.

Mooney is gonna be a stud. He's a legit route runner already and has a ton of other tools. But he's not the big, physical target you have to have on the field. So you would need to sign that guy. I'm completely over Anthony Miller. Sign a FA and add to the depth chart with a lower draft pick.

With Kmet emerging and the run game looking much improved...you can go into next season with a slight downgrade at receiver and still improve this offense.

I absolutely love ARob. He's big, he's tough, he makes some amazing catches. He fights. But he isn't an elite route runner and doesn't get a ton of separation. If you have to move on, it still sucks, but you can definitely live without him.

The top part of this draft has to focus on the ends of o-line. Absolutely has to. It's a huge need and the draft is deep at offensive tackle.

I totally agree you have to have an eye on a Hicks replacement. Or just to bolster the DL. You can never have too much talent up front. But keep in Mind Goldman comes back next season....that's an improvement all on it's own and while RRH's stock is down this season...Nichols and Mario Edwards along with Urban point up. This probably isn't the draft where one of your top 3 picks address the DL...unless there's a stud sitting there you just can't pass up.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you think Charlie Brown is gonna eventually kick the football.

Honestly, I long for the day that Charlie kicks Lucy right square in her goddamned face...That would end that sh*t-eating grin. F*cking Charlie...But yeah, the analogy fits...The Bears are Charlie Brown and the football is the Super Bowl...and the Packers as Lucy...I normally wouldn't give anything, not even a fake cartoon character, such a horrible monniker...but she is so far down on the list of cartoon characters because she sucks so bad that I'm cool with it.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if ARob walks you fill the position with someone a little further down the FA list. You won't get a player as good as Allen but you can find a starter.

Mooney is gonna be a stud. He's a legit route runner already and has a ton of other tools. But he's not the big, physical target you have to have on the field. So you would need to sign that guy. I'm completely over Anthony Miller. Sign a FA and add to the depth chart with a lower draft pick.

With Kmet emerging and the run game looking much improved...you can go into next season with a slight downgrade at receiver and still improve this offense.

I absolutely love ARob. He's big, he's tough, he makes some amazing catches. He fights. But he isn't an elite route runner and doesn't get a ton of separation. If you have to move on, it still sucks, but you can definitely live without him.

The top part of this draft has to focus on the ends of o-line. Absolutely has to. It's a huge need and the draft is deep at offensive tackle.

I totally agree you have to have an eye on a Hicks replacement. Or just to bolster the DL. You can never have too much talent up front. But keep in Mind Goldman comes back next season....that's an improvement all on it's own and while RRH's stock is down this season...Nichols and Mario Edwards along with Urban point up. This probably isn't the draft where one of your top 3 picks address the DL...unless there's a stud sitting there you just can't pass up.

Not even sure if I agree with you as I'm unwilling to consider the draft until the season is over. Considering we get so very, very few playoff games, I'm enjoying every last bite of this Saltine Cracker. But, I'll make you a deal, I'll stamp this with a "nuf said...fin" and can we end this travesty of a thread?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rejecting this thread out of principle because we have a playoff game this weekend.

Could you guys imagine if this team ran out 4 straight and won the Super Bowl?

Holy sh*t...I'm in shock just thinking about it. It won't happen...but it could be argued it was the greatest about face in NFL history if it did...

Draft...*spits on floor* Not on my watch.

Spit on uour own damn floor.....I dont wsnna eslk in here with chae spit everwhere....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even sure if I agree with you as I'm unwilling to consider the draft until the season is over. Considering we get so very, very few playoff games, I'm enjoying every last bite of this Saltine Cracker. But, I'll make you a deal, I'll stamp this with a "nuf said...fin" and can we end this travesty of a thread?

Well actually Ive been thinking about this for awhile now.....
Talking about the draft is not gonna change the outcome of pur next drubbing.....

Js

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well actually Ive been thinking about this for awhile now.....
Talking about the draft is not gonna change the outcome of pur next drubbing.....

Js

I'm just messin' anyway...It's a long way until Sunday.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even sure if I agree with you as I'm unwilling to consider the draft until the season is over.

Thankfully for the rest of us...we don't need your permission to speak about the draft.
But, I'll make you a deal, I'll stamp this with a "nuf said...fin" and can we end this travesty of a thread?
If you don't like this thread....ignore it. You have that option.

Are we allowed to only talk about things jiddy wants to talk about?

Win or lose Sunday...my mind is on the offseason. The odds of running the table are ridiculously low. Like better chance of seeing god low.

This offseason is extremely critical for this team.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully for the rest of us...we don't need your permission to speak about the draft.

Win or lose Sunday...my mind is on the offseason. The odds of running the table are ridiculously low. Like better chance of seeing god low.

I got one!

*starts reeling*

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We should draft a defensive end in round 1. Linebacker maybe....

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you should have said kicker. Still looking for that Parkey replacement.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you should have said kicker. Still looking for that Parkey replacement.

Robbie Gould to a 5 year contract imo. Really solidify our biggest weakness for the playoff run in 2021.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First 4 picks The Bears should draft a combination of 2 Tackles, a Wr and a QB.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First 4 picks The Bears should draft a combination of 2 Tackles, a Wr and a QB.

EVERY freaking year Bear fans want a WR. EVERY. YEAR.