• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Denver Broncos Offseason Discusion

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You old people don’t appreciate us young folks sense of humor.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of Strnad? He was rising up the depth chart last camp, and if memory serves me correctly, coverage is a strength of his.

Could be that any draft pick could end up being a rotational guy or development/depth in 2021 and take on a larger role in 2022 as some contracts start to expire. That is a great position to be in.

With the trades yesterday it seems less likely that a top 4 QB falls to us at 9.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of Strnad? He was rising up the depth chart last camp, and if memory serves me correctly, coverage is a strength of his.

Could be that any draft pick could end up being a rotational guy or development/depth in 2021 and take on a larger role in 2022 as some contracts start to expire. That is a great position to be in.

With the trades yesterday it seems less likely that a top 4 QB falls to us at 9.
Besides thinking Strnad is missing a vowel - I'm looking forward to seeing what he's got this year - hopefully he learned something about the system and improved himself in rehab. The Broncos still need a guy who can shut down the division TEs.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hard to go off his camp last year because he got injured so quickly. But I sure liked him at Wake.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Paton is paying attention and realize that just building out the roster is not good enough and you need a QB. Just ask two of the best offensive minds in football in McVay and Shanahan.

don’t care to watch Paton pull an Elway and bring in crap QBs and try to sell the fan base this guy is coming into his prime .

I think today this team has a top 3 defense and offensive playmakers maybe top 5 not to mention a all pro LT and Oline

only question make is the QB

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Paton is paying attention and realize that just building out the roster is not good enough and you need a QB. Just ask two of the best offensive minds in football in McVay and Shanahan.

don’t care to watch Paton pull an Elway and bring in crap QBs and try to sell the fan base this guy is coming into his prime .

I think today this team has a top 3 defense and offensive playmakers maybe top 5 not to mention a all pro LT and Oline

only question make is the QB
I agree with you the only question mark is the QB, but I have a gut feeling (maybe more hopeful) that Lock will make some major strides in 2021.

It sounds like there will be on field work this off-season do that will help the coaches and players be better prepared. If Lock gets 2021(it looks like he is plan A at this point) then this is his last chance in Denver IMHO. I am wondering if the back up plan isn’t Darnold and they have to wait for the Jets inner struggle to play out. Sounds like a split decision on running it back with Darnold and drafting Wilson. If the team trades for Darnold, then let the best QB win.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you the only question mark is the QB, but I have a gut feeling (maybe more hopeful) that Lock will make some major strides in 2021.

It sounds like there will be on field work this off-season do that will help the coaches and players be better prepared. If Lock gets 2021(it looks like he is plan A at this point) then this is his last chance in Denver IMHO. I am wondering if the back up plan isn’t Darnold and they have to wait for the Jets inner struggle to play out. Sounds like a split decision on running it back with Darnold and drafting Wilson. If the team trades for Darnold, then let the best QB win.

Darnold and Lock? Would make me wish for Siemien and Lynch.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you like to add at the QB position?

Just roll with Lock. Let this be his make or break year. There’s no one left we could get this offseason that would move the needle for me.

Darnold is a lost cause. He’s no better than Josh Rosen or Ryan Finley. Rypien beat him, I’d give Brett a chance before I’d even think about acquiring Darnold.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we can get Casey back since his market value seems to be at an all time low?

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely taking Darnold over Rypien without zero hesitation.

Darnold is certainly more physically gifted, but Rypien has way more going on between the ears. Neither is gonna be a star in this league, but at least Rypien doesn’t see ghosts.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Rypien threw 4 ints in his one NFL start. We don’t know enough about Rypien to know if he sees ghosts but 3 of those 4 ints sure looked like he saw ghosts. Can he play in the NFL? Sure... Do I want him if I have him sitting next to a Sam Darnold option? Uhhhh. Nooo! Am I 100% set on Sam Darnold? No! If our best option out there is Darnols bring him in. Rypien on the roster really have and impact on bringing in Darnold. If Rypien out does him in camp, ok cool. But unlikely. That being said I really only want Darnold for the right price and I would honestly rather roll with Lock at that stage.