• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Denver Broncos Offseason Discusion

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't mind this signing at all, but at the same time if the Broncos wait until the draft to take on the LB position I could get behind that idea as well. This is a good off-ball LB class and the Broncos would be stupid to pass up that kind of opportunity.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paton is trying to bring all of his former Vikings who played college football at Cincinnati. ;)

He is an upgrade that is for sure. I’d much rather have him on the roster then say a, Joe Jones.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My expectation is the Broncos will double dip in the draft on the ILB position. Tampa Bay showed how to beat the Chiefs - and the Broncos need to beat the Chiefs. Two ILBs who can run and cover - because Jewell and AJ are good players for other reasons, but they are not coverage guys.

Fangio has unselfishly avoided the top ILB during the last two drafts - Paton will correct that. I don't expect Parsons to the the target -which is why I see a possible trade down from the number 9 pick.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My expectation is the Broncos will double dip in the draft on the ILB position. Tampa Bay showed how to beat the Chiefs - and the Broncos need to beat the Chiefs. Two ILBs who can run and cover - because Jewell and AJ are good players for other reasons, but they are not coverage guys.

Fangio has unselfishly avoided the top ILB during the last two drafts - Paton will correct that. I don't expect Parsons to the the target -which is why I see a possible trade down from the number 9 pick.
How about the ILber/S from Notre Dame?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the ILber/S from Notre Dame?
He's my favorite. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - Zavin Collins from Tulsa - and Jabril Cox from BC look good to me.

Also Jewell and AJ are going to need new contract in 22

Last edited:

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's my favorite. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - Zavin Collins from Tulsa - and Jabril Cox from BC look good to me.

I really like Jabril Cox from LSU.

I also like Richie Grant from UCF.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zaven Collins will be the value pick of the first round, IMO. After the top 15.
I don’t think we will double dip on ILB just an FYI. At least early. Maybe a special teamer late. Seems like we have been discussing ILB as a draft need since Al Wilson left.

Jewell played well last year. Johnson played well the last two years. But Fangio wants a dog at ILB and both guys contracts will be up after this year so I expect there is a good chance.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right I now Richie Grant is a S.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t sleep on

Don’t sleep on .......

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t sleep on

Don’t sleep on .......

Good work. These are the kind of guys I like talking about. The non first round picks. Everyone can pick up on the first rounders.

Davis would be a great developmental linebacker who can develop into a starter. Has great physical tools. Just very raw right now. I always talk about how I have a love for explosion with NFL prospects and Davis has just that. Probably not a fit for us in a 3-4 but dudes length and explosion should have a GM’s eyes bobbling!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Attacho
How about Aldon Smith?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Attacho
How about Aldon Smith?
I don’t know that Denver would be attractive place for Aldon to sign with Von and Chubb here his opportunities will be limited, and he really is not a long term solution. I could see a draft pick at an edge rusher. Just my opinion.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know that Denver would be attractive place for Aldon to sign with Von and Chubb here his opportunities will be limited, and he really is not a long term solution. I could see a draft pick at an edge rusher. Just my opinion.

The Broncos tried to sign him last year. Fangio has been one of his biggest fans and has tried to help the kid out throughout his career. Have to remember when the 49ers drafted him Fangio was the DC. So wouldn't surprise me with Cap money drying up that he would take a 1-year deal here in Denver.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos tried to sign him last year. Fangio has been one of his biggest fans and has tried to help the kid out throughout his career. Have to remember when the 49ers drafted him Fangio was the DC. So wouldn't surprise me with Cap money drying up that he would take a 1-year deal here in Denver.
I guess I didn't realize Fangio was so supportive of Aldon. That would make more sense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I didn't realize Fangio was so supportive of Aldon. That would make more sense.

From what I understand the 2 have stayed in contact over the years. Fangio has tried to mentor him at different times and really does care about the kid.

He has definitely done some terrible things and is the poster child for talent always finds a way back into the league even with a ton of off the field issues.

He has been out of legal trouble though since March of 2018. So 3-years of keeping himself clean. I feel better about signing him to a 1-year deal with this locker room right now than maybe I did a year ago. I didn't want to be the first to take a chance on him but now that he has shown he can handle being in the league and not being an idiot I think it would be a decent signing. He wasn't anything special last year so I can't see him asking for the moon contract wise and would expect most to view him as rotational guy at this point.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the information cdumler7.

I agree that his play has been nothing special and a rotational player at this point.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos need a solid 4 edge rushers to maintain the rotation they like. Also Chubb gives the Bronco's the opportunity to move him to DE and someone else on the edge during passing situations.