• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Denver Broncos Offseason Discusion

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is officially a FA. Now just a question of how long until Broncos make him an offer?

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is officially a FA. Now just a question of how long until Broncos make him an offer?
Hopefully right now. Fuller catapults this defensive unit into top 5 discussions. No fly zone would be back

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was afraid of this.

I just hope this isn’t like the Adrian Amos signing a few years ago where Denver pretty much had him before GB came in and swooped him up from under us.

Worst case is they were going to release him but someone like Dallas offered a trade.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope this isn’t like the Adrian Amos signing a few years ago where Denver pretty much had him before GB came in and swooped him up from under us.

Worst case is they were going to release him but someone like Dallas offered a trade.
Exactly - when a delay like this happens - it is usually a trade interest.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man that one sucked. Must have been how the Chiefs felt when Sanders changed his mind last second. People I talked to thought they had the deal done and were celebrating. Made a couple of local media guys look foolish in the process by tweeting it out because they were told by people in the building it was done.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some reason I don't remember Adrian Amos reportedly signing with us. Maybe I am getting old. I remember it was well speculated we would sign him because of Fangio. He even made several comments about it being a great fit.

The Emmanuel Sanders scenario was a GREAT one for me. I was always a big Sanders fan when he was at SMU. Go to know him his JR season at SMU when he really wasn't on the national radar. He had a great SR season and great bowl game, started moving up the charts. Had him on a radio show I was part of at the U of Iowa and another radio show after his second season with the Steelers. He was a favorite of mine. (George will probably remember)... HIs restricted FA season he had signed a 1 year offer sheet with the Patriots that the Steelers ended up matching. It was always important to Sanders that he play with a top QB... He wanted to play for Brady then...One year later he hits UFA and then the reports came out that he had agreed to terms with the Chiefs. I was sad as a dog who had his bone taken away.... My Chiefs friends were blowing up my phone rubbing it in my face... They knew how much I liked Sanders... Only to end up backing out of the agreement and heading to Denver with Peyton Manning at QB. This was right after we lost Eric Decker to the Jets.... What a great moment in the life of Draft Crazy... I will never forget the moment. ;).... By the time Sanders left Denver I was very satisfied with what he gave us and the years he spent here. Always root for that guy. I love his energy and dedication to football. I remember his rookie season with the Steelers he lost his mother to cancer... It was very tough on him but I think he also used it as motivation...

I have a funny story to share where I was on the other end and endured sadness.... When I was younger I was a HUGE fan of Shawn Respert (My homie Mingo will remember him)... Biggest Shawn Respert fan outside East Lansing.. I was a youngster so always had a baseball game on the night of the NBA Draft. My focus on baseball the nights of the NBA draft were always at an all-time low. I HATED having a game on NBA draft night and it happened every summer. Ok.. I am making this story too long. If you are still with me back to the story. Oh yeah.... reason I explained all of that is because I had to tape the NBA Draft... I would then come home after my game and watch the draft. My brother and I started waching the draft about 10 PM.. We put in a frozen pizza and started watching the draft. My favorite team the Portland Trail Blazers drafted Shawn Respert.. I was so happy. I was set.. I got my guy. I couldn't believe it... After the pick we pause the tape. Go up and eat the pizza. Entire time I am eating I am in heaven. Can't wait to get his jersey, all his basketball cards. Go back unpause the tape... David Stern comes to the podium... "THERE HAS BEEN A TRADE"...... (My ears glued to the TV) The Portland Trail Blazers (my jaw drops) trade the draft rights of Shawn Resperts (My heart stops) to the MIlwaukee Bucks for the draft rights of Gary Trent (and something else).... Talk about a gut punch... I was so PISSED...

Ended up Gary Trent was a better player then Shawn Respert and now his son Gary Trent JR is a good player for the Blazers, but it still kills me to this date, just the moment.... Almost as bad as passing on Ed Reed. ;)

We will finish with another good story... Samari Rolle my favorite NFL player was a Free Agent and it was said to be the Chiefs were going to sign him... They were finalizing a deal. Much like Sanders I wanted to throw up at this news... Next day.. He ends up signing with the Ravens... WHEW!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No word on Keanu Neal. I think he would be a nice fit here. Injuries the obvious concern though.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts
falcons
broncos
chargers

few teams in on Fuller

Broncos don’t want to trade for the contract but feel good if Fuller hits FA but most likely 1 year

colts may trade
falcons have cap issues
Chargers are cash poor

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we went into the off season and had serious questions on Defense, but most have been addressed. I believe our starting lineups at this moment are as follows:
Offense:
QB - Drew Lock
RB - Melvin Gordon
WR - Courtland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, KJ Hamler
LT - Garrett Bolles
LG - Dalton Risner
C - Lloyd Cushenberry III
RG - Graham Glashow
RT - Ja’Waun James
TE - Noah Fant

Defense:
DLine - Dre’Mont Jones, Mike Purcell, and Shelby Harris
LBs - Von Miller, Josey Jewel, Alexander Johnson, Bradley Cubb
CBs - Kyle Fuller, Ronald Darby, Bryce Callahan
S - Justin Simmons, ???

Really we need a starting S and potentially an ILB. Josey Jewel played fairly well, and could start with the D still being really good. If we can find a ILB that can cover TEs it would be huge. We need to find that backup veteran to push Lock also. Basically we can go into the draft going BPA and all positions open.

This is really exciting for Broncos fans, but some of us (I am guilty) were excited last year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is #22 coming back?
#11 thinks so

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling #22 is coming back. I don't feel like you often see many guys get cut with the door open end up coming back but I think we have a really good chance with this one. I think the Fuller signing probably helps Jackson more then anything.. With the cap going down and so many players signing a one year contract this year I can't imagine Jackson is getting a hefty contract from anyone this year. I think he feels respected and wanted in Denver and is in a good situated at this juncture of his career. At his age he is probably trying to cash in on that last multi year contract as his career starts to wind down. He may only have 1-2 years left as a quality starter before he starts to hit that wall. I would like to see him back on a 1 year deal and I think as he sees our team making some of these moves he may be more willing to come back on a 1 year deal. I would expect he is getting a lot of 1 year offers given what most players left in free agency are signing right now. Stay in Denver Kareem. The coaches love you, your teammates love you... He has a leadership role here.

#11 Should be back. He got tendered and I don't see him getting a lot of offers. He has been a decent return man for us but not an elite return man. I think like last year he will have to fight to earn his roster spot and it will come down to a few things. A. Can anyone on our roster give us what he does as a return man to save a roster spot (So for this I ask myself.... Will KJ Hamler get more of an opportunity as a returner this year) or are we even going to mess with him as a return man) and B. Do we want to keep Spencer on the roster solely for his return skill? If he is a good enough return man the answer to this is yes. I think Paton will need to see for himself in PS this year. I know that Spencer is one more the more "popular" teammates on the team as players and coaches love his energy and his underdog fight attitude.... It will all depend on what Paton has up his sleeve. Is there another return man on the roster that can save you the roster spot? (Looking at Hamler or Cleveland) or is Spencer a valuable enough return man that he sticks at what he does best.

We have tried giving Spencer some gimmick plays on offense to see what he can do with the ball in his hand and we didn't have much luck. I don't think he offers a lot in that regard. We also don't seem to need that out of him as our WR core is much deeper now then when Spencer was first plucked off waivers.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great responses @Draft Crazy

I think spencer gets the invite to training camp, but I don't see him making the team this year - due to a player like Cleveland can providing a dual role for roster spots.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we will try to trade Patrick for a pick. Maybe Patrick and a 6th for a second or 3rd round pick. That seems like another do right by the player situation. He would have to sign his tender first and I would expect we may ask for teams he prefers. I don’t see him on the team after this year unless we can’t work out a deal with Sutton, and we might look in a different direction even then. This will potentially help Spencer bid to make the roster, but it might not be enough.