• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Denver Broncos Offseason Discusion

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cleveland is really the key to Spencer being on the roster or not next year. Can Cleveland develop into a trustworthy return man?

We know Hamler can return, but do we want him focusing on that? Hamler a decent return man in college but not really "special" at it... I have a feeling it won't be something we focus on with Hamler. A smaller guy who battled hamstring injuries last year, maybe we decide to keep him away from returning all together as we spent an early 2nd round pick on him to be our "X factor" on offense.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we will try to trade Patrick for a pick. Maybe Patrick and a 6th for a second or 3rd round pick. That seems like another do right by the player situation. He would have to sign his tender first and I would expect we may ask for teams he prefers. I don’t see him on the team after this year unless we can’t work out a deal with Sutton, and we might look in a different direction even then. This will potentially help Spencer bid to make the roster, but it might not be enough.
I don't see a team even considering giving a 2nd or 3rd rd pick to us for Tim Patrick. The 6th round pick we throw into this deal is really a moot point as that is basically throwing a small bag of cool ranch doritos into the offer. If a team wants a WR bad enough to give up that early of a pick for Tim Patrick they would just draft a young WR as their are plenty of good one's in this years draft.

Patrick is likely IMO more value to us then what we get back in a trade. Patrick is far from a star WR but with injuries last year he was also our most dependable WR from Week 1 to Week 17. If our young WR's turn out like we hope then of course Patrick is not in our long term plans but again I think he gives us a lot more then what we get for him in a trade and I would much rather just hold onto Tim Patrick then take a day 3 pick for him. I think he is hard player to trade and get return value back from him unless he is part of a bigger trade.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Akiem Hicks is expected to stay with Chicago now.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC you could be right. It is just something that I would not be surprised to see happen.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott, (the DC version, although the Mingo version is pretty cool too) is on fire today. Did you have your Wheatley’s for breakfast?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott, (the DC version, although the Mingo version is pretty cool too) is on fire today. Did you have your Wheatley’s for breakfast?

Tyrone Wheatley? I did not eat him for breakfast. Nor his son Tyrone Wheatley Jr, who plays TE for Morgan State.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cleveland is really the key to Spencer being on the roster or not next year. Can Cleveland develop into a trustworthy return man?

We know Hamler can return, but do we want him focusing on that? Hamler a decent return man in college but not really "special" at it... I have a feeling it won't be something we focus on with Hamler. A smaller guy who battled hamstring injuries last year, maybe we decide to keep him away from returning all together as we spent an early 2nd round pick on him to be our "X factor" on offense.
Spenser took one to the house last . I’d keep him.
Maybe 2 this year. He’s been so close every year on 2-3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spenser took one to the house last . I’d keep him.
Maybe 2 this year. He’s been so close every year on 2-3

Yeah he did vs Carolina... and he has been close on some. But he isn't exactly an elite return man thus far that if it comes to roster crunch he could be in a hard spot. It just really depends on what other return options we have, IMO...

I mean Glenn Martinez took one to the house too for us about 10 years ago but it wasn't exactly enough to keep him around the next year. ;)

That being said, I like Spencer as a return man. Just not sure about his roster spot. It is going to come down to how good the next option behind him is and how well they turn into a return man. I like and hope Tyrie Cleveland could turn into that return man who also gives us something at WR making him more valuable then a Spencer, but it really depends on how camp goes. Cleveland never returned kicks or punt at Florida so it is a different role for him. Will he or someone else be good at it where they able to make Spencer's roster spot expendable or is Spencer that much better at it then our next option that we keep him around? We will find out. If the season were to start today I would bet on Spencer being on the roster next year. But I do think it will be something to keep an eye on during camp. While he has been a good return man he hasn't been special enough to say someone who offers more in other areas can't save us a roster spot with Spencer being a one trick pony.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaelon Darden(North Texas) will be our returner after we draft him in the 5th round (my prediction).

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos biggest needs as of March 22

1. QB- Is Drew Lock the answer?
2- S
3- Fill it in how you want

key point. I feel like we go into this draft with far leas needs then years past. This is a great thing. Past few years we had so many dire needs it was streasful. ;)

We have holes, but we have done a great job building the past two seasos, imo. Now it is time to polish off and start seeing the results.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos biggest needs as of March 22

1. QB- Is Drew Lock the answer?
2- S
3- Fill it in how you want

key point. I feel like we go into this draft with far leas needs then years past. This is a great thing. Past few years we had so many dire needs it was streasful. ;)

We have holes, but we have done a great job building the past two seasos, imo. Now it is time to polish off and start seeing the results.
3. I’m not convinced we have ILB “fixed”
4. OT and OLB depth

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The moves we have made thus far are all basically one year deals, Paton is shoot for the stars this season