• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Denver Broncos Offseason Discusion

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not totally sour on Lock, but my hope for him has certainly tempered. Too often he missed the correct read. I’m all for building a rock solid o line in front of him to see what he can do with some protection. But, if we have a shot at Watson, I’m all over it. Stafford, for the right price is intriguing

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford may go to SF

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not totally sour on Lock, but my hope for him has certainly tempered. Too often he missed the correct read. I’m all for building a rock solid o line in front of him to see what he can do with some protection. But, if we have a shot at Watson, I’m all over it. Stafford, for the right price is intriguing
How much do you like Watson?
2021 - $15.94 Million
2022 - $40.4 Million
2023 - $42.4 Million
2024 - $37.4 Million
2025 - $32 Million

You trade major draft capital for Watson, and then have to let several other guys go when they hit free agency due to lack of cap space. Staying competitive will be a challenge.

I would prefer not.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you acquire Stafford - then you sit Lock in the 3rd year of his 4 year contract - that doesn't make sense.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you acquire Stafford - then you sit Lock in the 3rd year of his 4 year contract - that doesn't make sense.
In my opinion if you trade for a QB, you need to trade Lock. Lock sure seemed to be a popular guy in the locker room, and if he and Stafford were here together, you are risking a divided locker room. We do not need that.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is dealing QB Matthew Stafford to the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for two future first-round picks, a third-round pick and QB Jared Goff, per sources. Two former No. 1 overall picks trading places in the first blockbuster NFL trade of 2021.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really glad we didn’t make that trade for Stafford. Think Watson is probably close to double that.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is dealing QB Matthew Stafford to the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for two future first-round picks, a third-round pick and QB Jared Goff, per sources. Two former No. 1 overall picks trading places in the first blockbuster NFL trade of 2021.
Wow, thank God we weren’t in on that

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen a few articles stating we were trying to trade for Stafford. It will be interesting how Lock reacts to the news that they were trying to replace him. Does he use it as motivation or does he see it as an insult.

It also tells you that Paton’s evaluation of Lock was not encouraging that he can be the QB.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilos reported that we offered Lock, a first and a third. (He doesn’t say if it was this year’s first at number 9). Have to wonder how that impacts Lock knowing the new regime was ready to move on from him...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If being reported to be in trade discussions demoralizes Lock - I don't want him anyway. It should fire him up to prove to everyone he is the QB of the future. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Personally - I wouldn't hock the future for Stafford at his age - the way I would be Watson at his age and ability.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If being reported to be in trade discussions demoralizes Lock - I don't want him anyway. It should fire him up to prove to everyone he is the QB of the future. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Personally - I wouldn't hock the future for Stafford at his age - the way I would be Watson at his age and ability.

I agree on your assessment of Lock. I believe that this will be fuel to his fire to improve. Maybe it is more a hope so we can put the QB discussion to bed for the next decade or so.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilos reported that we offered Lock, a first and a third. (He doesn’t say if it was this year’s first at number 9). Have to wonder how that impacts Lock knowing the new regime was ready to move on from him...
I didn’t read it like that . I read it as they did not want to include Lock and the draft picks as a package.

if you have the exactly quote thanks

also look at SF and LAR for examples of building a team and then hoping a QB falls into their lap

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t read it like that . I read it as they did not want to include Lock and the draft picks as a package.

if you have the exactly quote thanks

also look at SF and LAR for examples of building a team and then hoping a QB falls into their lap
I don't know if the Rams and 9ers are a good example of that. LA gave up a lot to go get Goff and it looked like it was worth it after he led them to a Super Bowl a couple of years ago. The 9ers went after Jimmy G and we're actually still not sure if he was worth it since he can't stay on the field for more than a few games.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So it appears we were runner up for Stafford, he had approved a trade to us. (Said he would play anywhere but New England) "Patricia"...

But they wanted one of Jeudy, Hamler or Sutton in the trade and Paton said no!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Paton's discipline with this trade... He entertained it, but backed out when it become too much. I think a lot of GM's may have given in to trading one of the young WR's beings it is a player he didn't bring in. Many guys want to bring in their own guys.... It tells me he has evaluated the team fairly and their are things he likes and isn't ready to "Just make it his team", he is going to use the good resources/young talent we have and try to make this team better while building around the good things we have going.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Paton's discipline with this trade... He entertained it, but backed out when it become too much. I think a lot of GM's may have given in to trading one of the young WR's beings it is a player he didn't bring in. Many guys want to bring in their own guys.... It tells me he has evaluated the team fairly and their are things he likes and isn't ready to "Just make it his team", he is going to use the good resources/young talent we have and try to make this team better while building around the good things we have going.
Nice perspective - thanks

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Reading where Paton has some making up to do with Lock. How so? GMs job is to field the best team possible. That involves exploring all possibilities. He would have been remiss if he didn’t make that phone call and inquire. Perhaps it turns into a deal that just couldn’t be refused. As it is, this article doesn’t even mention Lock’s name as compensation.
Keep this phone lines burning, George.