• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 bowl projections.....

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be, considering the difficult SEC schedule they have played, you know, Florida (7 losses), A & M (4 losses), Missouri (7 losses), South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt. plus Georgia Tech, Mercer.

Which SEC team are you saying is undeserving of being at their current placement?

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which SEC team are you saying is undeserving of being at their current placement?
I am not addressing placement in the bowls. I am pointing that just because a team is in the SEC should not just by that alone increase a team's SOS. A 6-6 team in the SEC with 3 or 4 wins in out of conference games (one usually an FCS team) is nothing more than any other 6-6 team in the country. A win against such a team is just an average win, no different than a win against a 6-6 team in any other Power 5 conference. Membership in the SEC does not automatically make a team better.
Just because Alabama and Georgia are in the SEC does not mean the middle and bottom teams in the SEC are any better than their counterparts in other conferences.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not addressing placement in the bowls. I am pointing that just because a team is in the SEC should not just by that alone increase a team's SOS. A 6-6 team in the SEC with 3 or 4 wins in out of conference games (one usually an FCS team) is nothing more than any other 6-6 team in the country. A win against such a team is just an average win, no different than a win against a 6-6 team in any other Power 5 conference. Membership in the SEC does not automatically make a team better.
Just because Alabama and Georgia are in the SEC does not mean the middle and bottom teams in the SEC are any better than their counterparts in other conferences.

So you don't disagree with having Bama/UGA 1/2 or you do?

Stop being a whiny lil bitch and take a stance.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't disagree with having Bama/UGA 1/2 or you do?

Stop being a whiny lil bitch and take a stance.
I think Cincy should be one (I have never been a Michigan fan and don't particularly want them to win the National Championship), Michigan 2, Georgia 3, and Alabama 4. My wish would be Cincy as champion, Michigan as number 2, Georgia and Alabama.
Alabama has the worst loss, Michigan the next worst and Georgia the best loss and of Cincy does not have a loss. Even though Georgia has the better loss than Alabama, head-to-head trumps that.
My final four based on "best losses" (everybody had good wins) would have been Cincy, Michigan, Alabama and Georgia or Notre Dame. Notre Dame after all could arguably have the best loss.
The actual winner of the National title could be any one of the four and would not change my opinion. Cincy, Alabama and Michigan did win their conference titles an deserve to be there. In terms of total wins, I don't consider wins over FCS teams as noteworthy any more than spring training wins count in baseball.
Cincy may lose big, but based on winning every game they played they did something none of the others did.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cincy should be one (I have never been a Michigan fan and don't particularly want them to win the National Championship), Michigan 2, Georgia 3, and Alabama 4. My wish would be Cincy as champion, Michigan as number 2, Georgia and Alabama.
Alabama has the worst loss, Michigan the next worst and Georgia the best loss and of Cincy does not have a loss. Even though Georgia has the better loss than Alabama, head-to-head trumps that.
My final four based on "best losses" (everybody had good wins) would have been Cincy, Michigan, Alabama and Georgia or Notre Dame. Notre Dame after all could arguably have the best loss.
The actual winner of the National title could be any one of the four and would not change my opinion. Cincy, Alabama and Michigan did win their conference titles an deserve to be there. In terms of total wins, I don't consider wins over FCS teams as noteworthy any more than spring training wins count in baseball.
Cincy may lose big, but based on winning every game they played they did something none of the others did.
My kids Junior Varsity team went undefeated. They scrimmaged the varsity and was smoked. But they didn’t lose the games that were scheduled.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cincy has easily the worst SOS.

Thanks for showing why your opinion is worthless.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My kids Junior Varsity team went undefeated. They scrimmaged the varsity and was smoked. But they didn’t lose the games that were scheduled.
Good year for your kid's team. Irrelevant to the discussion.
Cincy is considered a D1 team and part of the FBS. If they are not qualified to be a D1 team, then the NCAA should drop them into the FCS.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy has easily the worst SOS.

Thanks for showing why your opinion is worthless.
If strength of schedule is the defining point of reference, then the NCAA should identify the teams that eligible for the National Championship at the start of the season and tell the other D1 teams they are not.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, none of the teams in the playoff had an SOS that ranked in the 10 ten and maybe the top 15 for 2021. There are some 2 loss teams that had tougher schedules.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good year for your kid's team. Irrelevant to the discussion.
Cincy is considered a D1 team and part of the FBS. If they are not qualified to be a D1 team, then the NCAA should drop them into the FCS.
They are D1 but obviously a Group 5 participant. Which is the next step down, therefore it is relevant. My opinion yes they deserve in, by the eye test not because they went undefeated with a G5 schedule.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are D1 but obviously a Group 5 participant. Which is the next step down, therefore it is relevant. My opinion yes they deserve in, by the eye test not because they went undefeated with a G5 schedule.
Your kid's team is still irrelevant to the conversation at hand. There has never been a definitive statement by the NCAA that Group 5 teams are a "step down". They are subject to the exact same rules as the Power 5 conferences. The FCS is a step down and has different rules. If they were considered a "step down" then why are they playing Power 5 teams in bowl games. And, as of right now are beating some power 5 teams in said bowl games.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your kid's team is still irrelevant to the conversation at hand. There has never been a definitive statement by the NCAA that Group 5 teams are a "step down". They are subject to the exact same rules as the Power 5 conferences. The FCS is a step down and has different rules. If they were considered a "step down" then why are they playing Power 5 teams in bowl games. And, as of right now are beating some power 5 teams in said bowl games.
You think Group 5 is equal to the Power 5?

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Group 5 is equal to the Power 5?
No, I don't, at least in total. But they come under the same rules as Power 5 teams and are considered FBS schools but in reality, the committee does not consider them worthy of competing for the FBS championship (at least until this year).
The NCAA uses the "Animal Farm" hypocritical policy that all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others. So, my point remains, they are either FBS or they are not.
Teams at every other level in the NCAA, FCS, Division ll, Division lll, all have a shot at a national championship, except (until this year) Group 5 teams.