• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quite like the brand of basketball we see now especially after they stopped calling the Harden/Trae Young bullshit as much

The funny thing is that they allow so much, but often seem to jump the gun, calling traveling for not putting the ball down fast enough on cuts (and those calls often seem wrong).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's always the process, but it also depends on who is in that free agent class for 23/24. Cap space may be more valuable than any trade possibilities.

True. However, as long as Lebron is on the roster, the Lakers are in win now mode. So even if it meant bringing in a couple of older players that still have a couple of years left on their deals, may be something they have to consider if they believe those players can get them another title.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said almost all of them not the outlier bad contracts. Try to keep up.

So you think those players I mentioned weren't overpaid? Okay now you're just looking to get something going. I'll play your little game. And yes many pro athletes are overpaid. But I expect you to disagree with me saying many of them are overpaid. You think John Wall's worth his contract? Of course you do. Because no pro athletes are overpaid right?

So maybe I misspoke a little. But I still think many are overpaid. You on the other hand think the opposite. And good for you.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think those players I mentioned weren't overpaid? Okay now you're just looking to get something going. I'll play your little game. And yes many pro athletes are overpaid. But I expect you to disagree with me saying many of them are overpaid. You think John Wall's worth his contract? Of course you do. Because no pro athletes are overpaid right?

So maybe I misspoke a little. But I still think many are overpaid. You on the other hand think the opposite. And good for you.
Stop crying because you got caught. You said almost every athlete is overpaid. Then you gave a short list of overpaid athletes. I was responding to your comment that they are all overpaid. No, they get paid a lot because they are worth it to their employers. Capitalism.

Never said your list of overpaid athletes was wrong, there are always outliers. But you just can't admit you said something kinda dumb.

It's not that hard. I gave bks shit for predicting the Ws would go 1-3 on their last road trip...he was exactly right and I took the hit.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you could also argue that guys like Russ were worth more earlier in their career than they were paid. The others? That's the lottery ticket risk of draft picks.

^^^This^^^

Players that were at the level that Westbrook was are actually underpaid when you consider their financial value to their team. It's why Lakers fans didn't begrudge Kobe the contract that the Lakers gave him for his last 2 years, even though he was no longer capable of the production that kind of money demands.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two full steps and elevating was always a travel in high school. They've really changed the game to allow these guys to make so-called amazing plays that otherwise would be violations.
LeBron is a classic example of a dude who often takes three steps when he is shooting. He does this nearly every game especially when he dribbles to a pull-up jumper. 1-2-3. He's done it so often, the refs don't bother anymore to call it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one that drives me crazy is palming the ball. Tons of guys palm the ball now days just in their normal act of dribbling. You see them turn the ball over with their palm all the time. The rules should be the rules.
More classic examples are LeBron and Westbrook. I see quite often and the refs don't call that one either.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some athletes are overpaid, some are underpaid. I would say that most superstars are underpaid. I mean, does anyone really think that guys like Kobe, Lebron, Steph, etc. ever get paid close to what they make for the franchise?

In your list, while Westbrook is currently overpaid based on his on the court value, he is still a player that fans will show up and/or tune in to watch. So, you can still make a case that, from a revenue standpoint, he is being paid fairly, if not still being underpaid.

Also, speaking specifically from a pure capitalist perspective, it can be argued that no player is overpaid or underpaid because a player is worth whatever he can get a team to pay him or what he will settle for.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop crying because you got caught. You said almost every athlete is overpaid. Then you gave a short list of overpaid athletes. I was responding to your comment that they are all overpaid. No, they get paid a lot because they are worth it to their employers. Capitalism.

Never said your list of overpaid athletes was wrong, there are always outliers. But you just can't admit you said something kinda dumb.

It's not that hard. I gave bks shit for predicting the Ws would go 1-3 on their last road trip...he was exactly right and I took the hit.

Not crying about anything. What is with you always thinking someone has some kinda problem when responding to you? Grow up. I said I misspoke. And that's still not good enough for you.

So please carry on your foolish crusade even though I've admitted now in multiple comments what I said was wrong. How many more times would you like me to say what I said was incorrect before you STFU about it? Man, you got issues.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some athletes are overpaid, some are underpaid. I would say that most superstars are underpaid. I mean, does anyone really think that guys like Kobe, Lebron, Steph, etc. ever get paid close to what they make for the franchise?

In your list, while Westbrook is currently overpaid based on his on the court value, he is still a player that fans will show up and/or tune in to watch. So, you can still make a case that, from a revenue standpoint, he is being paid fairly, if not still being underpaid.

Also, speaking specifically from a pure capitalist perspective, it can be argued that no player is overpaid or underpaid because a player is worth whatever he can get a team to pay him or what he will settle for.

Yeah I misspoke. I can admit when I'm wrong. Wasn't the first time and probably won't be the last. I should have said from the beginning it's my opinion many pro athletes are overpaid.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quite like the brand of basketball we see now especially after they stopped calling the Harden/Trae Young bullshit as much
Harden is still getting that BS but it has tampered down which is a great thing

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeVert is solid- but honestly- id rather pay Okoro peanuts for the next couple years and have his restricted rights than 1 1/2 years of LeVert.

Cavs are not even going to be really ready for another couple years

Garland turned 22 today. Okoro turned 21 today. Mobley is 20. Allen is 23. Markkannen is 24. We are into the first sip of pre-game- the real party is a long ways off.
I think we'd surprise some people even this year if they could just get sexton back (or someone else who can score).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad is he hurt?
Haven't heard anything but he looked OK celebrating with teammates after the game. Moving around fine. Think he might have come back in if he was needed.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I misspoke. I can admit when I'm wrong. Wasn't the first time and probably won't be the last. I should have said from the beginning it's my opinion many pro athletes are overpaid.

Thing is, technically speaking, you're not wrong.

If everyone was paid based on their actual potential worth to society as a whole...I'd say that police officers, firefighters and teachers should be paid what professional athletes are and professional athletes should be paid what police officers, firefighters and teachers are.

So yes, from that perspective, professional athletes are ridiculously overpaid...every single one of them.

Unfortunately, you don't have thousands of people showing up at an arena or millions tuning in on tv to watch police, firefighters and teachers do their jobs. lol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden is still getting that BS but it has tampered down which is a great thing
Obviously it has that's why he's bitching about it. It's probably one of the reasons Curry is struggling too, but he's not a bitch like Harden

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, technically speaking, you're not wrong.

If everyone was paid based on their actual potential worth to society as a whole...I'd say that police officers, firefighters and teachers should be paid what professional athletes are and professional athletes should be paid what police officers, firefighters and teachers are.

So yes, from that perspective, professional athletes are ridiculously overpaid...every single one of them.

Unfortunately, you don't have thousands of people showing up at an arena or millions tuning in on tv to watch police, firefighters and teachers do their jobs. lol
Communist

Also it's not just the fact that people want to watch sports. It's supply AND demand. There are tens of thousands of people who can teach and put out fires and arrest people. There's only one LeBron or Steph or KD...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm impressed myself but I also didn't expect the East to be jumbled up. I knew the conference would be strong but I expected a couple teams to run away. A lot of injuries, covid, etc. so it definitely plays a part
It does....but imagine this team if they only lost Sexton/Rubio for a few weeks each and not entire season.