• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think that the Cavs have gotten some wins against good teams without guys. Miami was short handed for both wins. Bucks were missing all 3 guys. Nets mising Durant. Jazz missing Gobert.

Its a credit to the CAvs that despite their injuries they have continued to win and play hard- but I dont think they are as good as their record is.

Young teams just dont win this much. I hope that I am proven wrong- OF COURSE. But we shall see.

Its just hard for me to fathom this team- being predicted for 26 wins, already at 27. We shall see.

Toronto, Charlotte and Boston are right on our heels and all have more vets and healthier rosters and are more "win now" teams.

my expectation right now is a winning season- which would be a monster step- they will almost assuredly have the biggest win jump in the league this year. That is a lot. Asking more right now could be unrealistic.
I mean, we have also been playing with a number of players out due to injury and/or Covid (not to mention Sexton/Rubio). Mobley, Okoro have missed time to injury.

But I get wanting to see more before jumping in the deep end as a Cleveland sports fan

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its what im saying

Okoro 20. Garland 21. Allen 23. Mobley 20.

No Rubio and Sexton.

It does not make sense what they are doing right now. Teams this young, with season-ending injuries to 2 very important players- just do not win on this level basically ever.
No disagreement there....and could understand if you were skeptical earlier.

Hell, even though not the best teams and missing some players was still pretty amazing to win 5 of 6 on WC trip. I think BECAUSE we are so young might work in our favor. They take every game seriously in the reg. season. This team might end up winning more games than some of our Finals' teams...because they didn't care about reg. season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garland last 5 games: 5 wins, 21 points, 13 assists, 6 boards. Eastern Conference Player of the Week. Unquestioned leader of the Cavs

talk about an All-Star push.

gotta give it to him

all apologies to LaMelo, Herro, Jaylen Brown --- Garland is playing better.
and other than Herro his team is playing better, too, which matters. Hell, not entirely impossible JB could be the coach. Might be tough to pass a healthy Heat team, though.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Yeah, wouldn't want to just admit you were wrong.
I'm not wrong though. The only asset in that deal you proposed was THT. I'm not a big fan of Grant but that's still nonsense. It's almost as if people think ok ok ok I'll give you three pieces of crap instead of just two pieces of crap, does that get it done? When you look at that Lakers roster and think about a trade, if you don't have LeBron or the Brow in there you are just stacking crap on top of crap.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn is that impressive. Have the Cavs had any nationally televised game yet? Seems like they have all been on league pass.
Few on NBA TV, maybe. I get it, though...this was not expected when schedule came out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't get more selfish than intentionally missing a FG to try and get a rebound to get a trip doub.
Not doubting this happened but don't recall it.....I remember Ricky Davis doing it, though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not wrong though.

Yes you are. You ignored that I said that I didn't think it could get done. The rumor is that the Pistons wanted a young player with upside, and a first round pick.

THT is a young player with upside and the Lakers have a couple of future firsts that they can use one of in a trade. So, based on that, it fits with what Detroit is asking for.

Other teams having young players who have a higher upside, doesn't mean that THT has none and your opinion on him doesn't matter at all in the discussion because it's what another team believes and/or can be convinced of.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THT is 6 4 and is shooting 24 percent from 3. To be fair...Grants absolute worst year from 3 he shot 24 as well. But he's also 6 foot 8

On a roster that already has too many middling guard types I wouldn't see where THT would be a big upgrade.

I'd imagine Detroit wanting more of a larger wing in return.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THT is 6 4 and is shooting 24 percent from 3. To be fair...Grants absolute worst year from 3 he shot 24 as well. But he's also 6 foot 8

On a roster that already has too many middling guard types I wouldn't see where THT would be a big upgrade.

Hence why I don't think it will be done. Too easy for another team to offer a player with more upside than THT looks to have, especially if THT is a redundancy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't disagree. I think shopson summed it up well

To be fair I didn't actually think the Lakers would make the Westbrook deal and yet they did...for better or worse. I just cringe each time we hear about LA and first round picks.

1st round picks have little impact on deals for any playoff teams.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not wrong though. The only asset in that deal you proposed was THT. I'm not a big fan of Grant but that's still nonsense. It's almost as if people think ok ok ok I'll give you three pieces of crap instead of just two pieces of crap, does that get it done? When you look at that Lakers roster and think about a trade, if you don't have LeBron or the Brow in there you are just stacking crap on top of crap.

And you likely said the same last year (Kuzma)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THT is 90th percentile for standing reach (wingspan) for his height. He's not the same skillset as Grant, more of a poor man's Iguodala as upside, but even that isn't really a good match. THT is more of a slasher than a distributor, but has played out of position at the point with the Lakers often.

I agree that the fit isn't good for Detroit though. However, any involvement in trade rumors with the Lakers at $10M plus more or less has to start with THT and whether or not the Lakers have other smaller pieces to interest the team in question.

Monk is an interesting case, given the Lakers' limits in retaining him. Could a Monk/THT package bring back enough to make sense for LA? Who would they target with such a package?