• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just had him as the centerpiece in a deal for Grant.

Did you not read the part where I said that they likely can't get that deal done because another team is likely to offer a similar package with a young player with higher upside and that Pelinka would have to pull out his best sales pitch to convince the Pistons on the trade? Or did you just choose to ignore it because it disproves your narrative?

So again, who, specifically, is overvaluing THT?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to get off the "Lakers fans" bs.

As @shopson67 said teams like the Lakers draw a lot of casual/bandwagon fans. If you're reading about some ridiculous trade possibility, it's almost guaranteed to be someone who is a casual fan. Either that, or it's some "journalist" looking for click bait because they know people will read it and react.

The trade suggestions on Bleacher Report are ridiculous regardless of team affiliation, lol.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about opportunity and role. Those who watch the team consistently see the upside, those who don't shit on it.
Well I think the kid had some huge maturity issues as well, it’s possible getting traded helped a little with those.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to get off the "Lakers fans" bs.

As @shopson67 said teams like the Lakers draw a lot of casual/bandwagon fans. If you're reading about some ridiculous trade possibility, it's almost guaranteed to be someone who is a casual fan. Either that, or it's some "journalist" looking for click bait because they know people will read it and react.

Don't disagree. I think shopson summed it up well

To be fair I didn't actually think the Lakers would make the Westbrook deal and yet they did...for better or worse. I just cringe each time we hear about LA and first round picks.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think the kid had some huge maturity issues as well, it’s possible getting traded helped a little with those.

Yeah, to be fair though, I don't think there has been a Lakers player from the group of kids they had whose role changed more drastically than Kuzma's.

I do agree though, that some of it was his own maturity as well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His overall stats for the year aren't much different from last year's with the Lakers. More rebounds (no competition from AD and Lebron) and more assists (again, Lebron effect), but his shooting percentages are roughly the same with a couple more shots per game on averagte.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't disagree. I think shopson summed it up well

To be fair I didn't actually think the Lakers would make the Westbrook deal and yet they did...for better or worse. I just cringe each time we hear about LA and first round picks.

I didn't think they would either. But, apparently he and Lebron are friends and Lebron thinks he can get him a ring. So....here we are. lol

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...to make the money work. He isn't that different in terms of a prospect as Grant was early on really.

Don't fully disagree but expecting that kind of trajectory isn't likely on detroits end. Everyone thought Detroit was nuts when they signed Grant for 20 mil as it is.

I fully expect detroit to trade him given the money he is wanting though

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not read the part where I said that they likely can't get that deal done because another team is likely to offer a similar package with a young player with higher upside and that Pelinka would have to pull out his best sales pitch to convince the Pistons on the trade? Or did you just choose to ignore it because it disproves your narrative?

So again, who, specifically, is overvaluing THT?
I think even floating that is overvaluing THT.