• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,623.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't appear that way from your posts.

People act like the refs suddenly suck and they didn't used to.

The refs have always had an impossible job and they have always made mistakes. The only thing that has changed is that we now have super slow motion high definition instant replay and social media so people can post those mistakes over and over and over again.

Then folks who would be worse at the job than the replacement refs the NFL used, suddenly think the refs all suck and that they could do better.

As @tlance said, the refs are graded every game, all season long. Those who grade too low, lose their job, so it certainly isn't like nothing happens to them.
I would like to see Antonio Brown go into NBA officiating, that’s a game I would pay to go see.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There hasn't been a single game all season long that I've watched where the refs didn't missed multiple calls you jackass.

And who's crying? You gotta issue with the fact I hold the refs accountable for how bad they are.
LOL you cry about bks and Wiggy every day.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers and Pelinka are being exposed. Everyone including the aforementioned are discovering how many bad decisions they made last summer concerning all those signings and the ignoring of other better decisions. Now the Lakers apparently are letting the public know that they intend to move Jordon and Bazemore (even though everyone has known this for months) because the both of them just flat-out consistently suck. The included article has three scenarios for potential trades. I favor the third one.

And since Monk has replaced Westbrook in the Lakers' "big three" rotation, there are those continued pundit rumors that the Lakers are still going to move Westbrook this year, sometime. The guy the Lakers want is Jeremy Lamb. The last scenario in the article moves Jordon, Bazemore, a future First rounder, and Nunn for Lamb. Don't know what's going to happen but the Lakers have about a month to get it done.

I would take Moses Brown or TLC for Baze and/or Jordan in a heartbeat. The deal for Lamb may be too much, would have to check the numbers re: hard cap.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you cry about bks and Wiggy every day.

Oh do I? Time for you to back your nonsense up. Not that you can or will though. You've said incorrect things about me before. And each time I've asked you to provide legit proof you've disappeared. You talk a lot, but never back anything up.

Making fun of them isn't crying about anything. <---pay close attention to that

This started with you having an issue with what I think about NBA refs. And now you wanna change the topic to those two.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There hasn't been a single game all season long that I've watched where the refs didn't missed multiple calls you jackass.

I have been watching the NBA since 1970. When considering that and the college games that I've watched, the high school games that I've watched and coached, the youth league games that I've watched and coached, the rec league games that I've played in, the high school games I played in and the WNBA games I've watched...that's literally thousands of games...

I have never seen, coached or participated in a game, where the refs didn't make multiple mistakes. The issue isn't that they all suck, the issue is that it's an impossible job.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just about that missed called in the Cavs game I mentioned. The incompetence of the refs is a problem. It's game after game. Twenty/thirty+ years ago the refs weren't this bad. Not nearly as many missed calls league wide.
20/30+ years ago there was not social media where fans could complain and show all the missed calls they saw.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh do I? Time for you to back your nonsense up. Not that you can or will though. You've said incorrect things about me before. And each time I've asked you to provide legit proof you've disappeared. You talk a lot, but never back anything up.

Making fun of them isn't crying about anything. <---pay close attention to that

This started with you having an issue with what I think about NBA refs. And now you wanna change the topic to those two.
You have a real lack of self awareness. And the bolded is just false. I'm trolling you for crying about bks, not the ref comments. Everyone else here has already noted that refs are no worse now than they've ever been.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well actually it is. There's no question the refs today are lousy. If you don't want to hold them accountable for missed calls that's fine.

Not sure why you mentioned social media. When I see missed calls I'm watching games live. Not looking up highlights.

So you really trying to blame social media for the refs incompetence? If so I completely disagree with you. Social media has nothing to do with refs missing calls game in and game out.
OK...20/30 years ago there were not as many options to watch live. Better?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been watching the NBA since 1970. When considering that and the college games that I've watched, the high school games that I've watched and coached, the youth league games that I've watched and coached, the rec league games that I've played in, the high school games I played in and the WNBA games I've watched...that's literally thousands of games...

I have never seen, coached or participated in a game, where the refs didn't make multiple mistakes. The issue isn't that they all suck, the issue is that it's an impossible job.

Hey I'm frustrated with the state of NBA ref's today. Never said anyone had to agree with me.

I find it odd that multiple people have such an issue with my opinion on this topic.

We can keep this going if you or anyone else so chooses. But I'm not going to change my mind on this topic.

Like I recently said only a matter of time before multiple missed calls in a game costs a team a W in the playoffs.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I'm frustrated with the state of NBA ref's today. Never said anyone had to agree with me.

I find it odd that multiple people have such an issue with my opinion on this topic.

We can keep this going if you or anyone else so chooses. But I'm not going to change my mind on this topic.

Like I recently said only a matter of time before multiple missed calls in a game costs a team a W in the playoffs.
That's good, because we don't.

Opinions are what we do here, when someone makes a bad take, we jump on it. That's what this place is, arguing about sports.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And who's crying? You gotta issue with the fact I hold the refs accountable for how bad they are.
Multiple calls means 2 or more, correct? would you really complain if 2 calls were missed in a sport where 2-3 guys have to watch everything that 10 guys are doing.....and incredibly fast speeds? what about all the calls they get right?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a real lack of self awareness. And the bolded is just false. I'm trolling you for crying about bks, not the ref comments. Everyone else here has already noted that refs are no worse now than they've ever been.

I was making fun of him for what he said to me a couple of weeks ago. You really don't understand that do you?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was making fun of him for what he said to me a couple of weeks ago. You really don't understand that do you?
You're so bad at this LOL

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I'm frustrated with the state of NBA ref's today.

Why? What makes them worse than previous seasons? Do you have some evidence that the refs have suddenly gotten worse?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? What makes them worse than previous seasons? Do you have some evidence that the refs have suddenly gotten worse?

The only thing that makes things worse this season than others is this year I have the ability to watch all games, with the exception of the Nuggets.

I haven't gone the homer route and said the Celtics are getting screwed. And I haven't singled out any one team. Every game I've watch there are multiple missed calls, not just one or two, per game.