• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that makes things worse this season than others is this year I have the ability to watch all games, with the exception of the Nuggets.

I haven't gone the homer route and said the Celtics are getting screwed. And I haven't singled out any one team. Every game I've watch there are multiple missed calls, not just one or two, per game.
Right, and what people are trying to tell you is the calls aren't worse you're just WATCHING more, so you see more. They've been making around the same number of bad calls every year, you just didn't see them all. Because it's pretty much impossible to get it perfect, it's just assumed the refs will make a few mistakes every game, and it evens out over time.

They do get graded and the refs that make too many bad calls get fired.

In addition, some of it is becuase refs can't call everything literally by the book or the game would suck. Travelling, for example, only gets called when it's egregious even though there are many more by the book travels made every game. Same with moving screens and incidental contact. It's that way with holding calls in football too, they could call holding every play but if they did the game would be ruined.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been watching the NBA since 1970. When considering that and the college games that I've watched, the high school games that I've watched and coached, the youth league games that I've watched and coached, the rec league games that I've played in, the high school games I played in and the WNBA games I've watched...that's literally thousands of games...

I have never seen, coached or participated in a game, where the refs didn't make multiple mistakes. The issue isn't that they all suck, the issue is that it's an impossible job.

Right?

Since when did people start expecting refs to get every call right?

That is where the social media influence comes in, IMO.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that makes things worse this season than others is this year I have the ability to watch all games, with the exception of the Nuggets.

I haven't gone the homer route and said the Celtics are getting screwed. And I haven't singled out any one team. Every game I've watch there are multiple missed calls, not just one or two, per game.

So you just learned this year that refs make multiple mistakes every game?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Learn something new every day

This is random, but I just learned it a few minutes ago.

In the mid 90's, Mike Riley was an assistant coach under John Robinson in Robinson's 2nd stint at USC.

There was a skinny QB from Northern California that Riley begged Robinson to offer a scholarship to and Robinson decided not to.

The QB was some kid named Tom Brady...I wonder whatever became of that guy?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you just learned this year that refs make multiple mistakes every game?

Never said anything like that. But this season I can watch a helluva lot more games. And like I've already said multiple times several calls are missed per game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right?

Since when did people start expecting refs to get every call right?

That is where the social media influence comes in, IMO.

Well for me social media, something you've now mentioned a couple of times, has nothing to do with this topic. I'm talking about missed calls I see game in and game out during live time. In other words watching live games. Not catching highlights

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and what people are trying to tell you is the calls aren't worse you're just WATCHING more, so you see more. They've been making around the same number of bad calls every year, you just didn't see them all. Because it's pretty much impossible to get it perfect, it's just assumed the refs will make a few mistakes every game, and it evens out over time.

They do get graded and the refs that make too many bad calls get fired.

In addition, some of it is becuase refs can't call everything literally by the book or the game would suck. Travelling, for example, only gets called when it's egregious even though there are many more by the book travels made every game. Same with moving screens and incidental contact. It's that way with holding calls in football too, they could call holding every play but if they did the game would be ruined.

Okay my bad.

The refs don't suck.

They only get one call per game wrong.

You should just ignore the fact that I've mentioned my issues with the refs for multiple seasons now. When I mentioned the refs last season, two seasons, three seasons ago nobody had an issue.

Why didn't you or anyone else have a problem with what I've said about the refs in previous seasons? Odd all of the sudden this year some have an issue with something I've been saying for multiple seasons.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay my bad.

The refs don't suck.

They only get one call per game wrong.

You should just ignore the fact that I've mentioned my issues with the refs for multiple seasons now. When I mentioned the refs last season, two seasons, three seasons ago nobody had an issue.

Why didn't you or anyone else have a problem with what I've said about the refs in previous seasons? Odd all of the sudden this year some have an issue with something I've been saying for multiple seasons.
Just for future reference, this kind of posting style ^^^^^ is known as "crying"

Let's try this: do you think the refs are worse this year than in years past?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for me social media, something you've now mentioned a couple of times, has nothing to do with this topic. I'm talking about missed calls I see game in and game out during live time. In other words watching live games. Not catching highlights
OK, but there is more availability to live games now than 20-30 years ago.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for future reference, this kind of posting style ^^^^^ is known as "crying"

Let's try this: do you think the refs are worse this year than in years past?

It's only "crying" to you because you don't agree with what I've said. The refs have been bad for a number of years now. Already said that. But you choose to ignore it. They're just as bad this year as they were last year.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,593.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look like Steph might sit out tonight's game....since it's the 2nd of a B2B, and he's been limping along more noticeably.

#LoadManagement?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only "crying" to you because you don't agree with what I've said. The refs have been bad for a number of years now. Already said that. But you choose to ignore it. They're just as bad this year as they were last year.
And they're just as bad (good actually) as they've been every year. And they will be this bad (good) every year in the future. Are you going to keep crying about it?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they're just as bad as they've been every year. And they will be this bad every year in the future. Are you going to keep crying about it?

Who's crying though? It's you, not me. You're bitching about my stance on this topic. You keep complaining about it.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5Lance balled out for Indiana in their loss to Brooklyn.

30 points on 12 of 19 shooting with 5 assists, and 3 boards.
Got to hope his energy translates to wins in the near future. Pacers don’t have many other places to go right now but up.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t look now but the Raptors are intriguing. I sure wish the Pacers could have lucked into a talent like Scottie Barnes…

VanVleet and OG are having career years. Trent Jr. and Achiuwa were throw-in steals. Even Khem Birch is a nice young vet to have.

If they could get a decent return for Siakam the 2019 champs are set for the long haul.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is random, but I just learned it a few minutes ago.

In the mid 90's, Mike Riley was an assistant coach under John Robinson in Robinson's 2nd stint at USC.

There was a skinny QB from Northern California that Riley begged Robinson to offer a scholarship to and Robinson decided not to.

The QB was some kid named Tom Brady...I wonder whatever became of that guy?

Probably bagging groceries somewhere.

That is 2 new things learned today!

Mind blown!