• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well actually it is. There's no question the refs today are lousy. If you don't want to hold them accountable for missed calls that's fine.

Not sure why you mentioned social media. When I see missed calls I'm watching games live. Not looking up highlights.

So you really trying to blame social media for the refs incompetence? If so I completely disagree with you. Social media has nothing to do with refs missing calls game in and game out.

The blame is clearly on social media (and video games, TV, movies, rap, and heavy metal).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs aren’t more or less incompetent than they were 30 years ago. In fact, they are probably better.

It is your perception of the refs that has changed.

And yes, it is because of social media and the multiple angles you get to see the plays from that didn’t exist 30 years ago.

I watched the Jazz/Nuggets game last night. Multiple missed calls on both side. How can social media be blamed for those missed calls?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Jazz/Nuggets game last night. Multiple missed calls on both side. How can social media be blamed for those missed calls?

Multiple missed calls happens nightly. Im sure they were missing calls forever

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Multiple missed calls happens nightly. Im sure they were missing calls forever

WTF?

What you doing saying anything to me?

In a previous comment in this thread you made it clear that I should NEVER @-you or respond to you again. Which is the single funniest and pathetic thing you've ever said.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is not what I am saying at all.

Refs missed just as many calls back then.

Just didn’t have the high def video with all the angles and the availability of the video for fans to see the missed calls in the way that people do now.

Then, people today use social media to whine about it which shapes your perception.

The reality is that refs have always missed calls and they always will. Because it is an impossibly hard job.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers and Pelinka are being exposed. Everyone including the aforementioned are discovering how many bad decisions they made last summer concerning all those signings and the ignoring of other better decisions. Now the Lakers apparently are letting the public know that they intend to move Jordon and Bazemore (even though everyone has known this for months) because the both of them just flat-out consistently suck. The included article has three scenarios for potential trades. I favor the third one.

And since Monk has replaced Westbrook in the Lakers' "big three" rotation, there are those continued pundit rumors that the Lakers are still going to move Westbrook this year, sometime. The guy the Lakers want is Jeremy Lamb. The last scenario in the article moves Jordon, Bazemore, a future First rounder, and Nunn for Lamb. Don't know what's going to happen but the Lakers have about a month to get it done.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling a ref a pussy is about as effective as calling the Queen of England (to her face) a Joe Biden class fart monster.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just didn’t have the high def video with all the angles and the availability of the video for fans to see the missed calls in the way that people do now.

Then, people today use social media to whine about it which shapes your perception.

The reality is that refs have always missed calls and they always will. Because it is an impossibly hard job.

Just amazes me that people can't grasp this.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF?

What you doing saying anything to me?

In a previous comment in this thread you made it clear that I should NEVER @-you or respond to you again. Which is the single funniest and pathetic thing you've ever said.
Why are you such a bitch sometimes? Holy shit you cry a lot.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you such a bitch sometimes? Holy shit you cry a lot.

There hasn't been a single game all season long that I've watched where the refs didn't missed multiple calls you jackass.

And who's crying? You gotta issue with the fact I hold the refs accountable for how bad they are.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

B6FA8495-34B1-450B-86B2-FDA762AB393B.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't appear that way from your posts.

People act like the refs suddenly suck and they didn't used to.

The refs have always had an impossible job and they have always made mistakes. The only thing that has changed is that we now have super slow motion high definition instant replay and social media so people can post those mistakes over and over and over again.

Then folks who would be worse at the job than the replacement refs the NFL used, suddenly think the refs all suck and that they could do better.

As @tlance said, the refs are graded every game, all season long. Those who grade too low, lose their job, so it certainly isn't like nothing happens to them.