• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This feels like a duck the tax move but still add a guy for CLe as well

It's both an open up a spot/duck the tax move. The team needs Stanley Johnson (because Jeanie was too fucking cheap to pay the tax for Caruso) so they need to sign him full season. But the roster is full. If they cut a player (say Rondo), he still counts towards the Lakers cap and thus pay the tax penalties. Pawning him off to another team frees up the roster spot and takes him off the cap. So now the tax bill is a little less.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we shall see.

'i wouldnt be surprised if Rondo is cooked- but with Garland out, and missing Sexton and Rubio- the Cavs just need a guy that knows how to play the position of point guard.

That- and itll be interesting to see if Rondo does better with a team that actually plays within a team concept instead of a star - dribble dribble dribble concept. Rim runnin with Mobley and Allen, and on a team that passes the ball a lot might rejuvenate him a little bit

or maybe he sucks and he is gone if the CAvs make a trade.

Have you not watched Rondo for like 4 years? He's been cooked. Beyond a small stretch of games in the playoffs of the 2020 title run, he's a net negative player. All he is now is an overpaid assistant coach

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's both an open up a spot/duck the tax move. The team needs Stanley Johnson (because Jeanie was too fucking cheap to pay the tax for Caruso) so they need to sign him full season. But the roster is full. If they cut a player (say Rondo), he still counts towards the Lakers cap and thus pay the tax penalties. Pawning him off to another team frees up the roster spot and takes him off the cap. So now the tax bill is a little less.

No I got that for the lakers.

It makes sense. Caruso would’ve cost the lakers like 40m via tax iirc.

But the Cavs were also only 3m from the tax line so even trading for a guy like Schroeder would’ve put them over it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly bummer news. Becky Hammond is going to coach the Aces. Good for her for getting bank (largest deal in WNBA history) but I was hoping she'd land an NBA HC job.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you not watched Rondo for like 4 years? He's been cooked. Beyond a small stretch of games in the playoffs of the 2020 title run, he's a net negative player. All he is now is an overpaid assistant coach

For this young Cavs team that might all they really wanted. A vet to show they’re trying and can show the kids how to do it for the playoffs

And stay out of the tax

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly bummer news. Becky Hammond is going to coach the Aces. Good for her for getting bank (largest deal in WNBA history) but I was hoping she'd land an NBA HC job.

Not me.

She’s my top choice to take over for geno when he’s done in storrs lol

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

justin GIF by Beasts of War

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not a tax move. id hope not anyway. geez.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure DJ. What may occur is Jordon will be added to another player and/or draft picks to get him out of LA. Jordon is not playing hardly at all in the last four games at least. He barely sees 5 minutes of playing time for the entire game if he does play at all. LA Coaching staff have been going small-ball with James at Center before they'll play Jordon. If they do go big, they play Howard (usually starting) and Jordon sits.

Jordan has zero value. Like absolutely none

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its such a shame. I know Allen and Garland will be back relatively soon.....but losing Sexton and Garland really puts a cap on what the season couldve been.

All healthy?

PG: Garland
SG: Okoro
SF: Markkenen
PF: Mobley
C: Allen

Bench:

PG: Rubio
SG: Sexton
SF: Osman
PF/C: Love

honestly- thats a roster - that with how they were playing- couldve been fun to watch and couldve done some fun things.

Still can make a play-in spot no doubt about it--- but the ceiling is lowered when you lose 2 guys like Rubio and Sexton for the season.
It's lowered but they had already lost Sexton and looked like a 5 seed was certainly possible. You could be right they slip to play-in as so many bunched up but this team when healthy (minus Sexton) needs a pass first PG like Rondo so might not be a huge downgrade from rubio (who is a very inefficient shooter...even though he does other things well).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did the Cavs get back for the pick that became James Worthy? lol

this isnt 1980 anymore.....as I have said ad nauseum. lol

sorry.
I think it was Don Ford. Also got Mike Braatz and Jerome Whitehead for picks that became Tarpley and Perkins, I believe.

If anyone wonders why there's a Stepien Rule.

Good times

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Lakers will get back in this trade either a protected second-round pick (that likely will never convey) or the draft rights to a draft-and-stash European player who will never come over. That’s because what the Lakers want out of this deal is to free up a roster spot."

just what I read
hearing only thing holding it up is Cavs now need to free up spot. Rondo also on Covid list.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo is ass, bro. You're not getting anything you couldn't get from someone signed off the street. But thank your team for helping us open up a roster spot for Stanley and saving on the tax bill.
I mean Pangos was more than a "get off the street guy" and Rondo has to be better for what the Cavs need (playmaking and a little D maybe?).

If we needed him to start and play big minutes? That's a problem. Garland needs to be in bubble wrap.