• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn’t really want them too but I haven’t heard who the players are except Jarrett Allen

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gonna be tough tomorrow. 2nd of a back to back on the road- against an Atlanta team that is rested.

would be a nice game to win since i figure Atlanta is going to be a team they compete with for a playoff spot. Wont be easy but we shall see.
Guessing you've heard by now we wont be finding out any time soon. Ugh.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's made many friends and potential future business partners over the years during his stays in Ctown, Miami & now in LA.
Some are in the Tech industry, Film & Music biz, TV, Clothing/fashion, Advertising.....not to mention all those throughout the sports world itself.
He'd/They'd have no problem as an ownership group of coming up with the principal and /or the capital for such an investment and purchase.
I could see him owning or being a key figure in a group.....but hope it's not here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be good enough to play and be productive at 45 barring major injury. He is that much of a physical freak.

But what role is willing to take?

If he is willing to be a teacher and play a bit more of a backseat, 30 minutes of 38-40 year old LeBron will still probably be better than any other FA Cleveland is likely to get.

I think there is more upside than downside risk for Cleveland.
If it's him or no way to get better I guess it's possible. Then again, with Gilbert's ego no doubt he wants to show they can win without Lebron. Of course, by then, maybe they have....not title, but at least gained a ton of respect around the league.

Assuming they'd be bringing him in by that time knowing he's not calling any shots...I can agree not much to lose.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really doesn’t man.

Post prime most vets go some where they can win.

The only difference is that it will be the first time LeBron won’t be the dominant #1 when he goes somewhere.

Cleveland is his home. Which is why it is wild to see people like Wiggy bash him. Ironically, if he does go back to Cleveland, the greatest gift he ever gave them was leaving twice to allow them to build talent.

Everyone knows the next place he signs will be a team that he believes can contend. Going somewhere like Cleveland that would need a major nudge to get there looks a hell of a lot better than signing somewhere that has a made roster.
If the Cavs still need a "major nudge" in another 2-3 years not sure he'd want to come back. 2.0 needed a major nudge. This wont be like that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, yes.

But that doesn’t happen if he doesn’t leave for Miami.

The chicken or the egg I guess.
Actually, yes, it could have. Key acquisition was Kyrie and no reason that deal does not get done if Lebron stays. Hell, maybe even a bigger chance to make that deal. Could have added Davis (who could have helped some) AND give a title contender an unprotected pick?

No Waiters and TT, of course. Not sure about Love or how that could happen.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another what if. What if Gilbert did a better job getting LeBron some talent his first time around, maybe he doesn't go to Miami if he didn't have to carry a bad roster for multiple seasons?
Huge what if as seems like it's pretty much a fact The Big 3 wanted to play together and planned it well in advance of their move(s). Doubt they were gonna make it happen in Cleveland.

No doubt better job could have been done....but hard to do when lebron wont commit.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another what if. What if Gilbert did a better job getting LeBron some talent his first time around, maybe he doesn't go to Miami if he didn't have to carry a bad roster for multiple seasons?

Sure.

But he didn’t. And they would have struggled to recruit the needed talent to Cleveland where the roster was at the time he left.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge what if as seems like it's pretty much a fact The Big 3 wanted to play together and planned it well in advance of their move(s). Doubt they were gonna make it happen in Cleveland.

No doubt better job could have been done....but hard to do when lebron wont commit.
Well it wasn’t just Gilbert. LBJ tried recruiting player to CLE in his first stint, for example Bosh, but nobody wanted in. Even in the first stint they had to trade for Love to get another AS caliber player. Only way to build is how they are doing it now…I mean I wouldn’t commit knowing that too. They were pretty much helpless

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, yes, it could have. Key acquisition was Kyrie and no reason that deal does not get done if Lebron stays. Hell, maybe even a bigger chance to make that deal. Could have added Davis (who could have helped some) AND give a title contender an unprotected pick?

No Waiters and TT, of course. Not sure about Love or how that could happen.

I mean, theoretically yes they could have.

But I have never seen a title contender take on a salary dump to that degree in the midst of their contention window.

It was great value, but I don’t think they would have made the move if they still had LBJ. Those assets would have been used in another way.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely nothing. Just sitting on his ass
In all fairness, I doubt the players have got together and told him what to do. That’s been how he has ran the league up until now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it wasn’t just Gilbert. LBJ tried recruiting player to CLE in his first stint, for example Bosh, but nobody wanted in. Even in the first stint they had to trade for Love to get another AS caliber player. Only way to build is how they are doing it now…I mean I wouldn’t commit knowing that too. They were pretty much helpless
In his first stint he would never commit to stay. Very possible that's why they had to settle for Hughes and not targets like Allen or Redd.

Love is kind of an example to support what I'm saying. Even though he went back on his word, when he came back and said he'd never leave, Love was willing to ask for a trade to join him.