• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be good enough to play and be productive at 45 barring major injury. He is that much of a physical freak.

But what role is willing to take?

If he is willing to be a teacher and play a bit more of a backseat, 30 minutes of 38-40 year old LeBron will still probably be better than any other FA Cleveland is likely to get.

I think there is more upside than downside risk for Cleveland.
he SHOULD only be playing 32-33 minutes right NOW.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge what if as seems like it's pretty much a fact The Big 3 wanted to play together and planned it well in advance of their move(s). Doubt they were gonna make it happen in Cleveland.

No doubt better job could have been done....but hard to do when lebron wont commit.

I just think it's great the Cavs pulled off the single greatest upset in Finals history. It's a big F-U to every LeBron hater out there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, theoretically yes they could have.

But I have never seen a title contender take on a salary dump to that degree in the midst of their contention window.

It was great value, but I don’t think they would have made the move if they still had LBJ. Those assets would have been used in another way.
Why wouldn't they do it? Have you seen many title contenders offered an unprotected pick from a bad team all for taking on a player who could actually help them right away and was better than the guys they gave up?

what assets? They gave up Mo Williams and Jamario Moon.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it's great the Cavs pulled off the single greatest upset in Finals history. It's a big F-U to every LeBron hater out there.
Maybe top 5, certainly not the biggest upset.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his first stint he would never commit to stay. Very possible that's why they had to settle for Hughes and not targets like Allen or Redd.

Love is kind of an example to support what I'm saying. Even though he went back on his word, when he came back and said he'd never leave, Love was willing to ask for a trade to join him.
That was a special circumstance though which rarely comes up. Cavs luckilu get #1 pick, projected to be a future star, that gives CLE the opportunity. That is different than luring guys in FA. Again, Gilbert had little to work with…Lebron tried and couldn’t. Can’t blame either, it just wasn’t meant to be. Lebron was sick of having a shit roster, I wouldn’t commit to that awful roster either.

His second stint was different, him not committing definitely played a big part in PG or another star not coming to CLE

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
264070278_893877454654802_1865752517602878394_n.jpg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't they do it? Have you seen many title contenders offered an unprotected pick from a bad team all for taking on a player who could actually help them right away and was better than the guys they gave up?

what assets? They gave up Mo Williams and Jamario Moon.

They might have done that part, but they would not have held the pick for a year.

Especially if LeBron was on a short term deal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best if not the best teams in NBA history to that point. Only team to comeback 3-1. There might be a couple close but saying top 5 definitely isn’t giving them very much credit. It’s #1 on most lists, if not all. No point in saying top 5, that is just a fact. Top 3 is a fact.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a special circumstance though which rarely comes up. Cavs luckilu get #1 pick, projected to be a future star, that gives CLE the opportunity. That is different than luring guys in FA. Again, Gilbert had little to work with…Lebron tried and couldn’t. Can’t blame either, it just wasn’t meant to be. Lebron was sick of having a shit roster, I wouldn’t commit to that awful roster either.

His second stint was different, him not committing definitely played a big part in PG or another star not coming to CLE
a shit roster that won 66 and 61 games? I mean, sure, they didn't win a title, but one additional stud committing maybe helps a little....if only Lebron would commit.

And, of course, there's the notion the 3 wanted to play together and no way they were picking Cleveland or Toronto to be that place.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a shit roster that won 66 and 61 games? I mean, sure, they didn't win a title, but one additional stud committing maybe helps a little....if only Lebron would commit.

And, of course, there's the notion the 3 wanted to play together and no way they were picking Cleveland or Toronto to be that place.
Take Lebron off the roster, do they make the playoffs? I think you know the answer to that. Very good defensively but the point is he never had a true #2. Hughes and Williams is laughable for a title team

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might have done that part, but they would not have held the pick for a year.

Especially if LeBron was on a short term deal.
The deal was made at THAT deadline and used in the offseason. "Held the pick for a year"?

And IF Lebron was still there it means he'd have re-signed and likely is on a long term deal (at least 2-3 years).

I get not in you to ever admit it, but there was even more reason to make this deal had he stayed than had he not. Pick up a player (Davis) who is better than the 2 guys you gave up (Moon/williams) AND get an unprotected pick in return to add to a Finals' contender?

FYI...want to tell me we might have been able to get Love and/or win a title? That might be true and we'll never know...but absurd to think they don't still make the deal for that pick/Davis

But I'm done with this one whether you man up or don't.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spoken like a true LeBron hater. Here's why it's the greatest Finals upset of all time.

-the Warriors that season were the best regular season team of all time (73-9)

-Cavs are the only team to come back from a 3-1 deficit

-and they did it against the reigning champs that had the 2x League MVP

It ranks ahead of Walton leading the Blazers over a loaded 76ers team in '77.

It's bigger than the Celtics upsetting the Lakers in '84.

It was better than the '11 Mavs upsetting the Heat.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take Lebron off the roster, do they make the playoffs? I think you know the answer to that. Very good defensively but the point is he never had a true #2. Hughes and Williams is laughable for a title team
The point is Lebron not committing is a main part of the reason they never had a true #2.

FYI, when they acquired Hughes the guy was a stud. Seems injuries and some personal issues derailed his career.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like a true LeBron hater. Here's why it's the greatest Finals upset of all time.

-the Warriors that season were the best regular season team of all time (73-9)

-Cavs are the only team to come back from a 3-1 deficit

-and they did it against the reigning champs that had the 2x League MVP

It ranks ahead of Walton leading the Blazers over a loaded 76ers team in '77.

It's bigger than the Celtics upsetting the Lakers in '84.

It was better than the '11 Mavs upsetting the Heat.
I’ll take the Pistons over the lakers in 04 and the Mavs over the Heat in 11 as bigger upsets. Some stuff back in the 70s too.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll take the Pistons over the lakers in 04 and the Mavs over the Heat in 11 as bigger upsets. Some stuff back in the 70s too.

Hey to each their own. This is just another topic that has no correct answer. But since the Cavs are the only team to erase a 3-1 deficit and considering who they beat I gotta go with them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I dont think those are close imo. Pistons almost had more wins in the regular season and they beat LA in 5. They were the better team.

Miracle type of comebacks and wins are teams that didn’t have a chance in hell winning. The odds were greatly favoring GS, even more down 3-1. Pistons had a great collection of talent. That was a great team, miss those Detroit teams even though I hated them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easily the biggest. not even a question

no one had ever come back from down 3-1

they did it against the team with the most regular season wins in NBA history- a team coming off a championship.

you must be crazy.