• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is Lebron not committing is a main part of the reason they never had a true #2.

FYI, when they acquired Hughes the guy was a stud. Seems injuries and some personal issues derailed his career.
Michael Redd was an FA that year and was extremely highly regarded. He went to OSU and was open to coming to Cleveland. LeBron never recruited him and when reached out never committed

it was the same old story over and over. So- they got to over pay Larry Boos.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is Lebron not committing is a main part of the reason they never had a true #2.

FYI, when they acquired Hughes the guy was a stud. Seems injuries and some personal issues derailed his career.
For the first stint, no. Second stint, yes. Hughes was a #3 or #4 on WAS before he joined CLE. Not good for a contender. They had 7 years to acquire a true 2 or 3. Him not committing to another 3-4 years after being there for 7 had nothing to do with never having a true #2

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Redd was an FA that year and was extremely highly regarded. He went to OSU and was open to coming to Cleveland. LeBron never recruited him and when reached out never committed

Yep.......same was true of Ray allen (Lebron wouldn't recruit or commit to stay).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We know he recruited guys better than Redd though. Redd was pretty damn good in his prime but there were probably reasons he didn’t go after him. It’s more than just, “I recruit and he comes”

Like I said, in his second stint I absolutely think they trade for a #2 if he commits. Nothing suggested they were every getting a #2 in his first stint but in the end those Spurs teams were pretty damn good so would that be enough? Who knows

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the first stint, no. Second stint, yes. Hughes was a #3 or #4 on WAS before he joined CLE. Not good for a contender. They had 7 years to acquire a true 2 or 3. Him not committing to another 3-4 years after being there for 7 had nothing to do with never having a true #2
#3 or #4? Huh? He was 2nd in scoring, 2nd in assists. Was even 3rd in rebounding as a guard (only 1.3 behind their leading rebounder). was also 1st team all defense and 3rd in league in steals.

FYI, the year they got Hughes was the first time they ever had cap room.....and Lebron would not help recruit anyone.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know he recruited guys better than Redd though. Redd was pretty damn good in his prime but there were probably reasons he didn’t go after him. It’s more than just, “I recruit and he comes”

Like I said, in his second stint I absolutely think they trade for a #2 if he commits. Nothing suggested they were every getting a #2 in his first stint but in the end those Spurs teams were pretty damn good so would that be enough? Who knows
In his second stint we had a 2 (Kyrie) and traded for an exceptional 3 (Love).....Love wanted to come and why? He knew Lebron was committed (even though Lebron lied) and Love also recruited him in the Olympics. Maybe he could have done that with Redd or Allen?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really doesn’t man.

Post prime most vets go some where they can win.

The only difference is that it will be the first time LeBron won’t be the dominant #1 when he goes somewhere.

Cleveland is his home. Which is why it is wild to see people like Wiggy bash him. Ironically, if he does go back to Cleveland, the greatest gift he ever gave them was leaving twice to allow them to build talent.

Everyone knows the next place he signs will be a team that he believes can contend. Going somewhere like Cleveland that would need a major nudge to get there looks a hell of a lot better than signing somewhere that has a made roster.
2 or so years from now it very well might not be a "major nudge".

the Cavs look pretty solid right now with a 21 one year old budding All Star in Garland, a 23 year old center in Allen that I think is a decent bet to make the All STar team this year, Mobley who has insane potential at age 20, and Okoro who looks like he might be something special at age 20.

Garland, Okoro, Allen, Mobley - who has a better young core in the league? Everyone is here long term as well beside Garland- who they will assuredly re-sign.

Garland, Allen, Mobley are all likely to make all-star teams before their 24th birthdays.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the Cavs drafting record since LeBron left it really has been stellar.

Garland was the right pick at #5. Garland goes either #2 or #3 (probably 3) in a re-draft depending on how you feel about Zion right now.

Okoro was a very good pick at #5. You look back and only guy I would take over him that went after is Haliburton. Above him- Ball and Edwards. I could def. see Okoro going #4 in a re-draft with his athleticism and defense and potential he has shown on certain nights offensively- though his offense has to be more consistent.

Mobley was the right pick at #3 obviously. Though Scottie Barnes is awesome too. Too early to say if youd take Mobley over Cunningham or Green- but I think if you re-drafted right now he goes at least #2.

Sexton was the right pick at #9 (or close to). You obviously still take Ayton, Doncic, Young over him. After that- Who is better in that draft? SGA (who wouldnt work out for the Cavs), Michael Porter who had injury concerns with his back and is now missing the entire season with back issues. JJJ still might/probably would go over him and both Bridges are def. in the conversation.

if you have 4 picks in the top 10--- usually about half are busts.

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 or so years from now it very well might not be a "major nudge".

the Cavs look pretty solid right now with a 21 one year old budding All Star in Garland, a 23 year old center in Allen that I think is a decent bet to make the All STar team this year, Mobley who has insane potential at age 20, and Okoro who looks like he might be something special at age 20.

Garland, Okoro, Allen, Mobley - who has a better young core in the league? Everyone is here long term as well beside Garland- who they will assuredly re-sign.

Garland, Allen, Mobley are all likely to make all-star teams before their 24th birthdays.
They will also likely either have Sexton to add or whoever they trade him for.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the Cavs drafting record since LeBron left it really has been stellar.

Garland was the right pick at #5. Garland goes either #2 or #3 (probably 3) in a re-draft depending on how you feel about Zion right now.

Okoro was a very good pick at #5. You look back and only guy I would take over him that went after is Haliburton. Above him- Ball and Edwards. I could def. see Okoro going #4 in a re-draft with his athleticism and defense and potential he has shown on certain nights offensively- though his offense has to be more consistent.

Mobley was the right pick at #3 obviously. Though Scottie Barnes is awesome too. Too early to say if youd take Mobley over Cunningham or Green- but I think if you re-drafted right now he goes at least #2.

Sexton was the right pick at #9 (or close to). You obviously still take Ayton, Doncic, Young over him. After that- Who is better in that draft? SGA (who wouldnt work out for the Cavs), Michael Porter who had injury concerns with his back and is now missing the entire season with back issues. JJJ still might/probably would go over him and both Bridges are def. in the conversation.

if you have 4 picks in the top 10--- usually about half are busts.
For this team, of course, could say SGA a better fit than Sexton.....but, hell, can even overlook that if what we are seeing the last week+ from Okoro is who he can be as a SG/SF. Not necessarily at that level (as hard to imagine he keeps this up) but if he just shoots 45% and 35% from 3 along with his exceptional defense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For this team, of course, could say SGA a better fit than Sexton.....but, hell, can even overlook that if what we are seeing the last week+ from Okoro is who he can be as a SG/SF. Not necessarily at that level (as hard to imagine he keeps this up) but if he just shoots 45% and 35% from 3 along with his exceptional defense.
and they liked SGA but he refused to work out for them and didnt want to come to Cleveland apparently.

one of the things I like that the Cavs have done is acquire, either through the draft or trade, high quality guys that dont have big ego's that work hard and want to be here.

thats why even though it sucks that Porter Jr. is gone- I get why they did it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and they liked SGA but he refused to work out for them and didnt want to come to Cleveland apparently.

one of the things I like that the Cavs have done is acquire, either through the draft or trade, high quality guys that dont have big ego's that work hard and want to be here.

thats why even though it sucks that Porter Jr. is gone- I get why they did it.
Had thought for a while we should have just held onto him but also understood as you mention. Who knows what happened in that locker room? Hell, for all we know vets were saying you cannot have this kid around.

Never mind the kid is incredibly inefficient - but, sure, still young.

Would also add while I definitely like going after this type of player if I really wanted SGA and was not sold on sexton I'd have still taken him...what's he gonna do, retire? Again, I only say this if they really did like him a lot more and/or were just not sold on anyone else.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y’all talkin bout how bad the refs are…

This is what should be done in NBA & NFL

Since it’s the players who control the leagues , and it’s is fact that it is the players themselves who are cheatin by grabbing onto the jersey, every play, especially in the NFL.. the refs should not call a thing. As a matter of fact, there should be no refs. And, no coaches. F the players , let them figure it out. They think they are smarter than everyone anyway. And what will happen ? Brawl after brawl after brawl.

Todays players are ruining major sports.

Except Hockey. They may not be the best athletes. But they give all! They play hurt, and for the game.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those teams were down 3-1 to a 73 win team
When I hear upset my gambling mind turns to odds before the series started. As you can see, the 2004 Pistons were by far the biggest underdog to win before the series started.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I hear upset my gambling mind turns to odds before the series started. As you can see, the 2004 Pistons were by far the biggest underdog to win before the series started.

Am I reading this wrong? Says Detroit was +400 and Cavs +1000.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly why it favors the Cavs +1000 is insane. Add in down 3-1 and “greatest team ever” and it isn’t close

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I reading this wrong? Says Detroit was +400 and Cavs +1000.
You guys are looking at the year after the Cavs won. The year they won they were not a very big underdog.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly why it favors the Cavs +1000 is insane. Add in down 3-1 and “greatest team ever” and it isn’t close
You are wrong, that was the year after they won. It’s all in the details you know. But yes had they actually won as a 10 to 1 underdog it would have been a big deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deal was made at THAT deadline and used in the offseason. "Held the pick for a year"?

And IF Lebron was still there it means he'd have re-signed and likely is on a long term deal (at least 2-3 years).

I get not in you to ever admit it, but there was even more reason to make this deal had he stayed than had he not. Pick up a player (Davis) who is better than the 2 guys you gave up (Moon/williams) AND get an unprotected pick in return to add to a Finals' contender?

FYI...want to tell me we might have been able to get Love and/or win a title? That might be true and we'll never know...but absurd to think they don't still make the deal for that pick/Davis

But I'm done with this one whether you man up or don't.

You are such a clown.

No I don’t think they would have made the same deal. Because they would have been trying to win that season.

And hell no on Baron Davis being better than Mo Williams in 2011.

Just because you don’t agree, doesn’t make you right and me wrong.

So fuck off.

Last edited: