• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to ruin the jazz/mavs thread with this but this is why i will always take Bam over Rudy. Come playoffs time, it is too easy to take him out of the game by going small ball or using a stretch 5. He also doesn't take advantage of his height on offense. Wirh his size advantage, he should avg about 18/14 im this series

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like money is a factor for him anymore. Rings and playing with Bronny matter far more.
I think for now money still matters more, he just said he wants to play with his son but what if he plays till he is 43? When he is on his last leg he could just ask a team to trade him to where his son is and he will play one more year. I see this is as a move when he is basically about to retire, he isn’t about to retire. Money still matters

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to ruin the jazz/mavs thread with this but this is why i will always take Bam over Rudy. Come playoffs time, it is too easy to take him out of the game by going small ball or using a stretch 5. He also doesn't take advantage of his height on offense. Wirh his size advantage, he should avg about 18/14 im this series

Gobert might be the most overrated player in the NBA.

He is good at what he does.

But no way should he sniff an all NBA team with all the great players we have in the league today.

Just not at that level.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a very presumptive take, since there's no guarantee Cleveland gets Bronny. Teams know that Lebron wants to play with his son, and that could cause him to either be overdrafted or for his current team (whether that is the Lakers or elsewhere) to maneuver to draft him via draft day trades). We don't even know what level prospect he'll become or how many years he'll play in college.

From what I have read, he does not look like a ''one and done''. Unless he takes a big leap, he looks like 2-3 years in college and a 2nd round pick. Assuming he continues to develop.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you can't see it. The money offers he gets DO NOT MATTER. He will go where he can best fit to win a ring or two.

lol @deciding for another person whether or not money matters. Lebron has also said that he won't ever take less than the max again and he hasn't even though he hasn't needed the money for years. Basketball wise, he had better options than the Lakers when he signed with them.

And before you start your ''homer'' nonsense. I've already said multiple times, I'd be good with them standing pat next year, letting Westbrook and Lebron walk and using the cap space to put a better team around AD.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm....

Does this ranking look right to y'all?

A few things jump out at me.

Bruce Brown at 30...

Westbrook at #10.

Bamba at #16.

But, the biggest issue....

Kyrie over Beal.

I would honestly want Beal over Lavine and Harden.

But, Kyrie is just flagrant due to his toxic, petulant personality.

1. Beal should be #2 on that list.

2. How the hell is Westbrook in the top 10?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for now money still matters more, he just said he wants to play with his son but what if he plays till he is 43? When he is on his last leg he could just ask a team to trade him to where his son is and he will play one more year. I see this is as a move when he is basically about to retire, he isn’t about to retire. Money still matters
Why? Rings have to matter more. He's got 3-4 more good years

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook at #10 !?!?

See NBA teams! Look how high he's ranked! Come and get him. You totally want him. This list proves it.

That is what I found hilarious. Dude is considered to have negative trade value, but somehow he's a top10 FA. lol

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @deciding for another person whether or not money matters. Lebron has also said that he won't ever take less than the max again and he hasn't even though he hasn't needed the money for years. Basketball wise, he had better options than the Lakers when he signed with them.

And before you start your ''homer'' nonsense. I've already said multiple times, I'd be good with them standing pat next year, letting Westbrook and Lebron walk and using the cap space to put a better team around AD.
I know. And when he walks after next year I really think rings will matter more than money for him, for many reasons. Not a lock, but that's how it goes down IMO

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but that is up to Father Time. One injury could shut him down at this point.
Uh, yeah. Not sure anyone said otherwise. Another reason he may be ready to play less and not be the alpha after next year

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. And when he walks after next year I really think rings will matter more than money for him, for many reasons. Not a lock, but that's how it goes down IMO

So you really have nothing to back it up as far as anyone, including Lebron, ever doing what you suggest he will do...

but somehow, @shopson67 needs to take off his homer glasses for pushing back on that.

Interesting.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a mess because you think someone is going to turn down nearly $50M to take $10M in Ohio.

The Cavs are the same place the Lakers are right now.....home.
while I happen to agree with you he's not likely to come here, the Lakers are home and had Lebron. with Lebron, the Cavs are probably playing a bit longer.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is getting drafted 100% for sure as long as LeBron is still an active player when Bronny comes out.

It doesn’t even matter if he is good enough.

2nd round picks usually don’t hit. If a team can use a 2nd round pick to sign LeBron James for a year or 2?

That is a no brainer.

Some might even use a late first if LeBron is the missing piece for a contender.

Projecting Bronny to a specific team is pretty silly at this point though, because everybody knows the deal by now. Anybody could draft Bronny. That is not exclusive to LA and Cleveland.
Heck, and maybe Bronny says, "Dad, I know what ya do to young guys. I don't want to be shipped at your whim so about about you stay put?"

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you really have nothing to back it up as far as anyone, including Lebron, ever doing what you suggest he will do...

but somehow, @shopson67 needs to take off his homer glasses for pushing back on that.

Interesting.
LOL Laker fans are easily triggered these days

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is officially a billionaire with a "b". At this point the money is not so much as important as his opportunity to play in the NBA with his son. If that means staying with the Lakers to accomplish that I am sure he will then re-up. If not, I fully expect him to move along to a team say back near Cleveland. He has already talked about this many times. It is available for public consumption if you are willing to read all of the articles about it. There are a host of them.

He has also said he would like to play with Steph and Luka. He could sign with either for the MLE (if that extra $40M per year is truly meaningless to him. Hell, he could re-sign with the Lakers for MLE money and they could bring in reinforcements via free agency.

All those stories about going back to Cleveland stem from one interview where he stated he wouldn't rule it out (and that's largely because he would consider ending his career anywhere his son may end up). Somehow that now means yep, he's definitely going back to Cleveland lol, and without knowing where Bronny will end up yet.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shopson is just not willing to look at this objectively, he keeps saying things about how a player wouldn't do this or a player wouldn't do that. Yeah, most wouldn't take a huge cut in pay or whatever. LeBron James is in his own category. He's not "a" player. He's beyond that. He's in control of all of it and he's a freaking billionaire. Money matters zip, he will make happen what he wants to make happen.

And people keep saying 'well how does he know where to be to play with Bronny?'...you don't think when it's time for a team to draft Bronny in 2-3 years, LeBron won't be calling the teams in line to draft him and say 'you get him you get me too'?

Sure. In 3 years, he could be completing his 2 year extension with LA for another $97M at age 40. Cleveland is no more likely than any other team in the league if it's all about playing with his son.

I'm not saying a player definitely will or won't do anything, but you seem to be doing that for the opposite take, are you not? Show me where any player in NBA history has turned down supermax or max money to play on an exception. It is exceedingly unlikely anyone turns down $40M extra per season. It would be simpler for the team that pays him (or can pay him) that contract to obtain Bronny via trade. even if its an overpay.