• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not from around here I'd agree with that 100% (hell, likely never comes back the first time) but the fact he is from here AND our team would be really good with him......?
right......

I mean- if you were giving odds I think the vast majority of people would say the best odds are him staying in LAL, and 2nd would be him moving on to Cleveland after next year.

Now- I dont think its a significant chance he is going to Cleveland, but I certainly think they would be 2nd highest % on the list after LA as things sit now.

Things can change an awful lot though- if the Lakers recover and make some shrewd moves- he almost definitely stays---- if the Lakers have another disaster of a season and Mobley takes a leap and Garland continues to improve-- then those percentages change.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mobley may just take an incremental step next year- and continue to improve- i mean he still is soooo young---- but if he establishes himself as a cant miss All Star- things can change rather quickly.

I love the Cavs position right now. Its ripe with young building blocks, and ancillary players with real value. Altman has a lot of decisions to make other than on Allen, Mobley, Garland.

Even Love--- with how he has played and on an expiring deal holds value. Their pick - whoever they get- can be traded at some point. Okoro and Markkanen are guys they will be loathe to give up- but certainly no where near untouchable. LeVert and Sexton are guys with value- even if Sexton is just in a sign and trade- or a guy to keep. Osman is a nice player for his $.

A core and a lot of interesting pieces. Altman has to form it into a team to be reckoned with. And even next year might be a little early on the timeline considering the ages of the core. Mobley and Garland are still soooo young and not close to their primes- and if one thing is certain- young teams RARELY win.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers fans really hate Jokic. They can deny it all day--- but man do they hate the guy.

its great though- makes it fun. Id have it no other way.
Again…it really has nothing to do with the guy himself. It’s a frustration borne from the fact that these NBA media types flat out don’t watch games and are so dependent upon these analytics to tell them who or what is good. Like Nate Silver of 538 (a polling website for politics) knows what should be valued and how much value certain stats translate to winning? GTFO here. It’s nuts. You have three incredible talents this season in Jokic Embiid and Giannis. One guy has two MVPs, another has one. The guy that has none was essentially told that last year he would have been MVP but he missed too much time with load management. So while dealing with his Robin just going off reservation and quitting on his team creating a distraction that went on for months, this dude keeps his team together and has an even better year than he had the year before and outside of a bout with Covid only missed like 3-4 other games. This focus on numbers just dismisses the fact that Jokic Embiid on offense is a pick your pleasure decision based on style but both are dominant offensive players. But when the conversation turns to defense there is no discussion. One guy is one the elite rim protectors in the league that can also hold his own on the perimeter. The other dude gets targeted and cooked come playoff time. And yet with these metrics, it makes it seem like the ass defender getting hunted in the playoffs is actually the better defender?!?!? It’s mind boggling and I get where Embiid is coming from in those comments where he says “I think they hate me”. I think he’s right. And if they don’t hate him, it’s clear they hate Philly and the Process that netted Embiid to Philly. That’s why the man needs to go and take this shit and leave no doubt. The only way that happens is if he goes and wins a title. I don’t think this year is the year but with some tweaks to the roster this off season I think they can be a real competitor next year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mobley may just take an incremental step next year- and continue to improve- i mean he still is soooo young---- but if he establishes himself as a cant miss All Star- things can change rather quickly.

I love the Cavs position right now. Its ripe with young building blocks, and ancillary players with real value. Altman has a lot of decisions to make other than on Allen, Mobley, Garland.

Even Love--- with how he has played and on an expiring deal holds value. Their pick - whoever they get- can be traded at some point. Okoro and Markkanen are guys they will be loathe to give up- but certainly no where near untouchable. LeVert and Sexton are guys with value- even if Sexton is just in a sign and trade- or a guy to keep. Osman is a nice player for his $.

A core and a lot of interesting pieces. Altman has to form it into a team to be reckoned with. And even next year might be a little early on the timeline considering the ages of the core. Mobley and Garland are still soooo young and not close to their primes- and if one thing is certain- young teams RARELY win.
Think we could show a ton of improvement in the standings next season with just a decent amount of health. Even with Sexton out for the year, but others healthy, a top 3-4 seed sure seemed possible (before Levert). add in Sexton and Levert and perhaps Rubio back when healthy?

That said, I don't think we just run it back with everyone we had this season. I see Altman tinkering for sure...perhaps a big deal.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

while funny--- gotta cut the guy a break......if Harden and Maxy were not playing- and the Sixers were playing the Warriors- not sure how well the Sixers would be doing either.

Porter Jr., and Murray are both out- easily #2 and #3 on that team. Hard to hold that against Jokic. If Giannis was mising Holiday and Middleton- or Curry was missing Klay and Dray- or Suns were missing Paul and Ayton- it might not go well either. etc.

Sixers fans doesn't use logic when it comes to jokic

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah was kind of a joke....but agree far from a lock Bronny good enough to make the NBA.
He's every bit as likely to make a roster as Thanasis Antetokoumpo, and for the same reason.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers fans really hate Jokic. They can deny it all day--- but man do they hate the guy.

its great though- makes it fun. Id have it no other way.
Yes, well, you hate a ton of players especially the ones that brought you the only championship the Cavs will ever win. Sports hate is part of the fun!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again…it really has nothing to do with the guy himself. It’s a frustration borne from the fact that these NBA media types flat out don’t watch games and are so dependent upon these analytics to tell them who or what is good. Like Nate Silver of 538 (a polling website for politics) knows what should be valued and how much value certain stats translate to winning? GTFO here. It’s nuts. You have three incredible talents this season in Jokic Embiid and Giannis. One guy has two MVPs, another has one. The guy that has none was essentially told that last year he would have been MVP but he missed too much time with load management. So while dealing with his Robin just going off reservation and quitting on his team creating a distraction that went on for months, this dude keeps his team together and has an even better year than he had the year before and outside of a bout with Covid only missed like 3-4 other games. This focus on numbers just dismisses the fact that Jokic Embiid on offense is a pick your pleasure decision based on style but both are dominant offensive players. But when the conversation turns to defense there is no discussion. One guy is one the elite rim protectors in the league that can also hold his own on the perimeter. The other dude gets targeted and cooked come playoff time. And yet with these metrics, it makes it seem like the ass defender getting hunted in the playoffs is actually the better defender?!?!? It’s mind boggling and I get where Embiid is coming from in those comments where he says “I think they hate me”. I think he’s right. And if they don’t hate him, it’s clear they hate Philly and the Process that netted Embiid to Philly. That’s why the man needs to go and take this shit and leave no doubt. The only way that happens is if he goes and wins a title. I don’t think this year is the year but with some tweaks to the roster this off season I think they can be a real competitor next year.
And if they just voted him for being the first ever 2000, 1000, 500 guy while running the offense for the team missing their PG and keeping them afloat?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if they just voted him for being the first ever 2000, 1000, 500 guy while running the offense for the team missing their PG and keeping them afloat?
Why guess? Most of these guys have written articles and provided arguments and they’re based on things like PER and RAPTOR and Box +/- etc… I didn’t make them defend their choice that way. That’s their overwhelming choice. But listen to what most of the players who have been asked who is the MVP. 2/3 have said it’s Embiid. It’s whatever. This is sports now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why guess? Most of these guys have written articles and provided arguments and they’re based on things like PER and RAPTOR and Box +/- etc… I didn’t make them defend their choice that way. That’s their overwhelming choice. But listen to what most of the players who have been asked who is the MVP. 2/3 have said it’s Embiid. It’s whatever. This is sports now.
I do agree media has taken over sports in ways but players’ opinions don’t mean much. Players’ opinions are actually more biased. If they close knit with a player they will defend him, if they don’t like a player they will do everything they can to shit on them. I mean look at Pip, shitting on MJ. But overall everyones’ opinion is going to be swayed one way or the other. I venture to say more players like Embiid than Jokic probably pretty easily.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree media has taken over sports in ways but players’ opinions don’t mean much. Players’ opinions are actually more biased. If they close knit with a player they will defend him, if they don’t like a player they will do everything they can to shit on them. I mean look at Pip, shitting on MJ. But overall everyones’ opinion is going to be swayed one way or the other. I venture to say more players like Embiid than Jokic probably pretty easily.
Probably because Embiid doesn’t shove a guy in the back when he’s not looking like an abject pussy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, well, you hate a ton of players especially the ones that brought you the only championship the Cavs will ever win. Sports hate is part of the fun!
I dont "hate" LeBron. I just think he has no loyalty to anyone

ill root for him big time if he is on my team- if he is not - ill boo him all day long

as i have said time and time again- LeBron didnt come back to Cleveland because of the fans- he came back for his own legacy. I am not going to support him when he is not playing for my team. Thats not every player in the league- but thats certainly lebron

and Kyrie? ripped on Cleveland fans out of the door---- after - during a CHAMPIONSHIP run- didnt talk to his teammates for weeks at a time and just played. Hes an ass.

I dont hate- and in fact root for Lindor- I rooted for CC when he went to the Brewers. I liked Cliff Lee when he went to the Phillies.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because Embiid doesn’t shove a guy in the back when he’s not looking like an abject pussy.

That felt justified. Shaq and Barkley are on Jokic's side on that one. You do something dirty and then you're instantly safe because you turn your back? That's BS.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be peachy getting that gasbag of a father back running his mouth in LA again.

"Tracy McGrady says LaMelo Ball is ‘built for’ playing for the Lakers."​

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you mean why guess and why keep crying about advanced metrics based on my comment? If he got their votes because he's really good at scoring, rebounding and running an offense (as a center) you'd still be complaining about it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not expect this. Another media led award as with Smart

while I thought it would be Mobley, Barnes is certainly deserving. Probably helped he played and his team came on at end while Cavs fell apart and Mobley was out. Sure, could say that shows how valuable Mobley was, but not sure how much that matters in ROTY voting.