• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, do you consider Magic as a legitimate source?

Because, he said on live TV that its true.

"When I think about it, the blame that he's gotta take is the fact that DeRozan ended up in Chicago and not with the Lakers," Johnson said on ESPN's "Get Up" on Monday morning. "DeRozan wanted to play for the Lakers, and when I got the call from his agent, I called the Lakers, said, 'Hey, he wants to come home.' And DeRozan could have been a Laker instead of a Bull.

"We could have made that deal, but when Russell and LeBron and them started talking, that's when they nixed that deal and went with Westbrook, and he became a Laker instead of DeRozan."

Ouch. That's gotta hurt.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy's name keeps coming up but he is employed and if the Lakers and Rambi get involved, I guarantee you they'll eff it up. I am pretty sure the Raptors would let their coach go for say Westbrook and James since James just came out to day and emphatically stated that he loves playing with Westbrook. Pelinka, do that deal!!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Nick Nurse want to coach the Lakers? He's actually good. He would not want to coach in a dysfunctional situation where Lebron calls the shots on players and the owner is an incompetent buffoon.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh, exacerbating the situation. Sounds like fun...
It's weird.

Why are the being such control freaks?

Woj and co are discussing if the Lakers are willing to pay top dollar for a top shelf coach or if they are willing to pay for top assistants.

He made a good point about Vogel not having any leverage to make any demands during the hiring process.

He was coming from a dog shit Organization in Orlando.

But, TY Lue had won a chip and they still tried to lil bro him.

Woj just said the Lakers expect to have a new Coach in place by the draft.

Maybe you guys will buy a pick?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nurse has 2 years left on his deal.

You would need to give Toronto picks you don't have to make that a possibility.

Snyder?

Yep.

He will be a free agent.

What about Jackson of the Mark variety?

Doc?

Ewwwwwww

Give Cassell a chance.

I wouldn't mind Sam I Am...he'd probably kick Lebron's or anyone else's ass that crossed him. lol

I don't think I'd want Mark Jackson for a mostly veteran team. Docs gotta be starting to run out of credibility by now...doesn't he?

I'd be good with Snyder.

Not sure what I think of him, but apparently someone suggested Juwan Howard. At least we know he'll fight. lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Nick Nurse want to coach the Lakers? He's actually good. He would not want to coach in a dysfunctional situation where Lebron calls the shots on players and the owner is an incompetent buffoon.
Plus, he's Coach of the Canadian National Team.

But, it's understandable why the Lakers want him and it doesn't hurt to try.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird.

Why are the being such control freaks?

Woj and co are discussing if the Lakers are willing to pay top dollar for a top shelf coach or if they are willing to pay for top assistants.

He made a good point about Vogel not having any leverage to make any demands during the hiring process.

He was coming from a dog shit Organization in Orlando.

But, TY Lue had won a chip and they still tried to lil bro him.

Woj just said the Lakers expect to have a new Coach in place by the draft.

Maybe you guys will buy a pick?
It'd be nice considering we don't have any picks until I believe 2027...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind Sam I Am...he'd probably kick Lebron's or anyone else's ass that crossed him. lol

I don't think I'd want Mark Jackson for a mostly veteran team. Docs gotta be starting to run out of credibility by now...doesn't he?

I'd be good with Snyder.

Not sure what I think of him, but apparently someone suggested Juwan Howard. At least we know he'll fight. lol
Remember when Kevin Ollie was a thing?

Juwan, Snyder, Sam......yeah.

I don't care what anyone says, I still think you ask Krzyzewski.

Also, you were right about why the Lakers didn't fire Vogel.

Shelbourne and Woj said they considered it early in the Season and several times towards the end.

But, J Kidd was gone and there wasn't anyone better that was available and would have made a difference.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"When I think about it, the blame that he's gotta take is the fact that DeRozan ended up in Chicago and not with the Lakers," Johnson said on ESPN's "Get Up" on Monday morning. "DeRozan wanted to play for the Lakers, and when I got the call from his agent, I called the Lakers, said, 'Hey, he wants to come home.' And DeRozan could have been a Laker instead of a Bull.

"We could have made that deal, but when Russell and LeBron and them started talking, that's when they nixed that deal and went with Westbrook, and he became a Laker instead of DeRozan."

It was this rumor to which I was referring. I tend to believe it but does Magic hold any kind of grudge that he'd make it up?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is wise if you have your front office in order, which the Lakers don't, and you begin a rebuild like Phoenix did 5-6 years ago. Championships will be out of the question until the Lakers FO and ownership gets cleaned-up. The Lakers have to stop being the Knicks west and begin running their franchise like a business and not using the family model Jeannie Buss has been using since she took over as the majority owner. Thus you move people like James, AD, and def Westbrook to gain as much talent capital as possible and then you rebuild.

But that is the problem.

You don’t gain talent by trading Westbrook.

You either take on bad contract vets on longer term deals with a pick, or you pay assets to give him away.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was this rumor to which I was referring. I tend to believe it but does Magic hold any kind of grudge that he'd make it up?
I don't think so.

Well, not now anyway.

But, Magic is a narcissist.

So, you never know.

He took great pleasure in saying that Derozan's team contacted him, specifically, and that with his help it was a done deal.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I'm sure you know there will be the usual ribbing, but nothing you can do now but move forward.

Just curious, are the rumors true they could have had Derozan but Lebron wanted Westbrook, or just unsubstantiated rumors? Not asking to crush the Lakers. Just curious...hell, no one saw this type of season from Demar and many thought he would not be a good fit with Lebron (same as Russ).

I know the Hield trade was all but done when they ended up going with the Westbrook deal.

I know that DeRozan was discussed. I don't know how close it was to ever actually being done. DeRozan would fit better with Lebron than Westbrook. But the problem there is that he still wouldn't have provided what the Lakers needed as far as 3 point shooting. Even with him balling out this year, he only hit 35% from 3. He's 29% from 3 for his career.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For all the power he demands (and gets), and for supposedly being a basketball "savant", Lebron is really terrible at judging talent.

Anyone with some basketball knowledge knew that Westbrook was a bad fit for the Lakers.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'd have to see the landscape after another year. Some up and coming younger team I would think (like the Cavs)

Memphis? Can't imagine LeBron in that tiny podunk market. OKC? Same (but worth it for @tlance 's head to explode) Charlotte? Not with MJ. Denver after Jokic goes to the Lakers as a FA? Maybe...

Just feels like how his last years will go, but who can say?
You know @tlance I really don't know why I tagged you here. I meant @thunderc

His head would explode not yours. Apologize for the confusion :D

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy's name keeps coming up but he is employed and if the Lakers and Rambi get involved, I guarantee you they'll eff it up. I am pretty sure the Raptors would let their coach go for say Westbrook and James since James just came out to day and emphatically stated that he loves playing with Westbrook. Pelinka, do that deal!!

Yeah, we were just talking about him.

Unfortunately, the NBA coaching carousel is not like College Football.

You can't just quit for what may be a better situation/ geographic location.

Raptors would need to give the Lakers permission to even talk to him.

Even if it's unlikely, I'd still try.

He's a good Coach.