• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it's still Wrath of Khan. Some of that might be because the first movie wasn't very good. But mostly I like that it finished a story from the original series that was actually one of my favorite episodes.
I fell asleep in the theater during the 1st one. Wrath of Khan is good, and The Voyage Home was kinda funny, putting them into current times. Haven't seen the anything with the new cast or any of the offshoot programs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't deserve this. They better not fuck up the new hire.

I liked him as a person and though he did a great job the first two years. I really despised the way he took Time Outs though. Oh well, that's all in the past.

I could easily see them going with an ex Laker as next coach. D Fish or Brian Shaw maybe

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Pelinka what he was trying to do. Looking back now and saying "Oh but we could have had DeRozan, Buddy and probably kept Caruso" is like saying "I could have bought $100 in Bitcoin back in 2010 and been a billionaire by now"

They tried the Westbrook experiment and it didn't work. Oh well, no use being all butthurt about it now. And even if Lebron and AD weren't out I doubt this team would have made it past the second round - AT BEST

Best thing they can do now if hire a coach the players and fans respect, see if they can deal Westbrook and aim to get some younger legs in free agency.

Lebron, AD, THT, Reeves and Stanley can all stay, the rest is expendable. I'd love to keep Monk too but he's most definitely getting a better contract elsewhere.

Agree with pretty much 100% of this.

While I was against the Westbrook trade...I understood the logic behind it. Now it's time to try to move on from it.

Vogel shouldn't have been scapegoated, but that's how it works in the league. It's stupid and noty what I would have done...but I wasn't asked. lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with pretty much 100% of this.

While I was against the Westbrook trade...I understood the logic behind it. Now it's time to try to move on from it.

Vogel shouldn't have been scapegoated, but that's how it works in the league. It's stupid and noty what I would have done...but I wasn't asked. lol

On paper it seemed like a pretty good deal: Kuz, KCP and Trez for a triple double machine. Especially when both AD and 'Bron said they were willing to make sacrifices in order to get all three rolling.

Didn't work out. Oh well.

Best thing they can now do is try to move Westbrook. Rumors have it that teams could be interested in his expiring contract.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fell asleep in the theater during the 1st one.
Me too. lol

Haven't seen the anything with the new cast or any of the offshoot programs.

I haven't seen any of the off shoot programs beyond an episode or 2. I've seen a couple of the movies with the new cast. I liked them okay. They do a solid job of recreating the camraderie that was a big part of the original series.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper it seemed like a pretty good deal: Kuz, KCP and Trez for a triple double machine. Especially when both AD and 'Bron said they were willing to make sacrifices in order to get all three rolling.

Didn't work out. Oh well.

Best thing they can now do is try to move Westbrook. Rumors have it that teams could be interested in his expiring contract.

Yeah, so far, it looks like there may be some possibilities with Charlotte or Indy that could be great for the Lakers.

I'm more interested in the coaching search than moving Westbrook. The first 3 names mentioned so far are Doc, Quinn Snyder and Nick Nurse. All 3 of whom have jobs.

Hard pass on Doc. He's still cashing in on a 13 year old title.

Out of Nurse or Snyder, I'd prefer Nurse. The only reason I could see either wanting to go to the Lakers would be because of being in a bigger market. But if I'm either of them, I want a say on the roster and a big paycheck. Like highest paid coach in the league or very close to it level big.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, so far, it looks like there may be some possibilities with Charlotte or Indy that could be great for the Lakers.

I'm more interested in the coaching search than moving Westbrook. The first 3 names mentioned so far are Doc, Quinn Snyder and Nick Nurse. All 3 of whom have jobs.

Out of Nurse or Snyder, I'd prefer Nurse. The only reason I could see either wanting to go to the Lakers would be because of being in a bigger market. But if I'm either of them, I want a say on the roster and a big paycheck. Like highest paid coach in the league or very close to it level big.

Nurse would be awesome. But I doubt the Raptors let him go.

I also think Lebrons opinion is going to matter a lot in this. Whether we like that or not.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't deserve this. They better not fuck up the new hire.
Deserve has nothing to do with it at this point.

His style doesn't fit the personnel.

He is a defensive minded coach with one defensive player that is chronically broken.

Just pray the pendulum doesn't swing so far the other way that you end up with a D'antoni type.

Lakers need to stop hiring within the family tree, exclusively.

Just hire a guy that can get the best out of the guys you keep and that the vets have a modicum of respect for.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nurse has 2 years left on his deal.

You would need to give Toronto picks you don't have to make that a possibility.

Snyder?

Yep.

He will be a free agent.

What about Jackson of the Mark variety?

Doc?

Ewwwwwww

Give Cassell a chance.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fell asleep in the theater during the 1st one. Wrath of Khan is good, and The Voyage Home was kinda funny, putting them into current times. Haven't seen the anything with the new cast or any of the offshoot programs.

1rgzxw.jpg

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nurse has 2 years left on his deal.

You would need to give Toronto picks you don't have to make that a possibility.

Snyder?

Yep.

He will be a free agent.

What about Jackson of the Mark variety?

Doc?

Ewwwwwww

Give Cassell a chance.
I think Cassell would be the best choice there