• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Just don't melt on us if Embiid doesn't win. The rest of us don't care.

It's nice that Joel cares so much this year. He's finally playing a reasonably full season.
It’s already over. He’s not winning. You can’t defeat analytics in sports in 2022. Math formulas now tell us who is the best.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what other Sixer fans think about this debate......
The Sixers didn’t win a game last night so I will be the only Sixer fan here. The Sixers fans here are front runners.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s already over. He’s not winning. You can’t defeat analytics in sports in 2022. Math formulas now tell us who is the best.

Eh...we will see. I think some voters probably see it as you do and also the 2 time factor when it isn't clear cut

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren’t.

But they aren’t comparable offensively either if you are being honest.

Jokic has the best PER of all time.

And ironically, Giannis is second of all time.

So if you want to say that Jokic can’t win the award because of defense, then Embiid can’t win it either because Giannis is the best 2 way player in the league AND his offensive numbers are superior when factoring efficiency.

But the problem is you are only focusing on the things Embiid does better, and completely ignoring the things that Jokic does better.
They absolutely are comparable offensively. They are both dominant at that end of the court. And I would be behind Giannis as MVP this year if he had his team where they should be. They should be competing with the Suns for best record in the league and they haven’t even won their 50th game yet. I know they were missing Lopez but missing the team’s 5th or 6th best player isn’t a legit excuse for being some 10 wins off the pace the best team in the East should be on. I am willing say though that Giannis and KD are both better two way players than Embiid. If he were healthy and on the court, I would add Kawhi to that list as well. Jokic is not as good a basketball player as any of those guys I’ve just mentioned though.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...we will see. I think some voters probably see it as you do and also the 2 time factor when it isn't clear cut
This stuff is how we find ourselves years later looking up the stats of all time players and saying things like “Wow! Kobe Bryant only won 1 MVP?”

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got beef with them?
Nah. Not really. I’m just a guy who thinks if you’re a fan you’re there in good times and in bad. I’m also the same idiot that would watch Process games in a 10-72 season pulling for guys like Ish Smith to do just enough to compete but then lose at the end hunting for a shot at Wiggins or Parker (yes, at that time I thought Embiid was Greg Oden 2.0)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They absolutely are comparable offensively. They are both dominant at that end of the court. And I would be behind Giannis as MVP this year if he had his team where they should be. They should be competing with the Suns for best record in the league and they haven’t even won their 50th game yet. I know they were missing Lopez but missing the team’s 5th or 6th best player isn’t a legit excuse for being some 10 wins off the pace the best team in the East should be on. I am willing say though that Giannis and KD are both better two way players than Embiid. If he were healthy and on the court, I would add Kawhi to that list as well. Jokic is not as good a basketball player as any of those guys I’ve just mentioned though.

There are different levels of dominant.

Jokic is on a completely different level offensively.

And you minimizing that difference is the reason we are all calling you a homer.

Because you are only using the pieces of the equation that support the guy you want to win.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what other Sixer fans think about this debate......

Like I said, I think Embiid should win it this year, but if he doesn't I am not going to cry and post pictures of Jokic as a fat child or something.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This stuff is how we find ourselves years later looking up the stats of all time players and saying things like “Wow! Kobe Bryant only won 1 MVP?”

When was Kobe ever the best player in the league?

He was top 3 for a lot of years. Not sure he was ever hands down number 1.

LeBron is really the only current player that has beef with MVPs. He should have won 8 or 9.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for MVP stats, I think the award is heavily stat dependent, but sometimes the narrative about certain stats obscures the details. Westbrick winning over Harden in 2016-2017 was all about him "averaging a triple double", never mind how many shots it took or how OKC did with Westbrook hogging the rock for a whole season. Harden was a far more efficient offensive player but that didn't matter in the end. Westbrook was the new Oscar Robertson according to the media. So focusing on stats only may not explain who wins it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was Kobe ever the best player in the league?

He was top 3 for a lot of years. Not sure he was ever hands down number 1.

LeBron is really the only current player that has beef with MVPs. He should have won 8 or 9.

At least 1 of Nash's probably should have gone to Kobe. Especially '05-'06 when he averaged 35, 5 and 5 and dragged Smush Parker, Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm to the playoffs.

But that was too close to the Colorado thing and him being blamed for Shaq leaving.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least 1 of Nash's probably should have gone to Kobe. Especially '05-'06 when he averaged 35, 5 and 5 and dragged Smush Parker, Kwame Brown and Chris Mihm to the playoffs.

But that was too close to the Colorado thing and him being blamed for Shaq leaving.

That is fair.

Nash definitely didn’t deserve 2 MVPs.

And before anyone says it, Jokic is a hell of a lot more deserving than Nash ever was.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are different levels of dominant.

Jokic is on a completely different level offensively.

And you minimizing that difference is the reason we are all calling you a homer.

Because you are only using the pieces of the equation that support the guy you want to win.
You’re embracing this idea that there are varying levels of dominance. Dominance is already an outrageous degree. What you are calling a difference of degree, I’m just noting is a difference. But let’s take your concept. Is the gap between Joker - Embiid offense greater than the gap between Embiid - Joker on defense?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally just realized that's a pic of Jokic as a kid. Good lord man.
Relax. It’s not like I’m running for office on the Hoop. I’m just stirring the pot and having a good time. Harden to the Sixers. I told you guys I was embracing being the villain haha.