• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.

You can say that you think Embiid is better without continually putting Jokic down.

Etch a place for himself in the league?

Cmon man. That is something you say about a role player hanging on to a roster spot.

Just because YOU (Philly homer) believes that Embiid is hands down the better player doesn’t make it so.

The reality is that they are both elite and both in the conversation for most impactful player in the league along with Giannis and KD.

The difference is splitting hairs. The case for best player is not the open and shut case that is has been for most of the past 15 years.
I mean that case is open and shut. MVP is a debate because of the nebulous nature of that award. There is absolutely no question that Embiid is a better player than Jokic. Zero. The conversation ends when we go to the defensive end of the court. There are tons of things Embiid can do on that end that Jokic will never be able to do. His game against the Sixers was eye opening. I was fucking embarrassed for him. Malone refused to allow him to cover Embiid. This is a guy who comes into the game with the world looking at an MVP race and his coach wouldn’t even let him attempt to cover Embiid. The conversation ends when we talk about defense.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean that case is open and shut. MVP is a debate because of the nebulous nature of that award. There is absolutely no question that Embiid is a better player than Jokic. Zero. The conversation ends when we go to the defensive end of the court. There are tons of things Embiid can do on that end that Jokic will never be able to do. His game against the Sixers was eye opening. I was fucking embarrassed for him. Malone refused to allow him to cover Embiid. This is a guy who comes into the game with the world looking at an MVP race and his coach wouldn’t even let him attempt to cover Embiid. The conversation ends when we talk about defense.

You are 100% wrong on this.

But go ahead and die on that hill.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are 100% wrong on this.

But go ahead and die on that hill.
So prove that. Does he cover on the perimeter after switches? Can he hedge and play both threats on pick and roll? Does he ever get the assignment to play the opponent’s best 4-5? Is he one of the best rim protectors in the league? He sags. He plays around the lane and he rebounds his position well. He’s worked hard to not be a liability on defense the way he was when he first entered the league. That’s not the same as being a guy who makes All Defense or competes for DPOTY. So let me hear it. How are these guys comparable defensively.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's better sure. But, that doesn't mean he's the most valuable player to their team.

2 different things.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo you're saying he doesn't put up numbers against good teams? You know this would be a lie right
I’m putting things into context.
Nuggets vs .500 or better 20-23
Nuggest vs less than .500 27-9

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's better sure. But, that doesn't mean he's the most valuable player to their team.

2 different things.
Doesn’t my post say that? MVP is a debate. Who is the better basketball player isn’t a debate. One guy is dominant at both ends and the other guy is dominant on one end. MVP is now an analytics competition.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you'd be ripping Embiid if he was without Harden and Harris for most of the season and they were under .500 vs teams with a winning record?
Yep.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Just don't melt on us if Embiid doesn't win. The rest of us don't care.

It's nice that Joel cares so much this year. He's finally playing a reasonably full season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean that case is open and shut. MVP is a debate because of the nebulous nature of that award. There is absolutely no question that Embiid is a better player than Jokic. Zero.

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So prove that. Does he cover on the perimeter after switches? Can he hedge and play both threats on pick and roll? Does he ever get the assignment to play the opponent’s best 4-5? Is he one of the best rim protectors in the league? He sags. He plays around the lane and he rebounds his position well. He’s worked hard to not be a liability on defense the way he was when he first entered the league. That’s not the same as being a guy who makes All Defense or competes for DPOTY. So let me hear it. How are these guys comparable defensively.

They aren’t.

But they aren’t comparable offensively either if you are being honest.

Jokic has the best PER of all time.

And ironically, Giannis is second of all time.

So if you want to say that Jokic can’t win the award because of defense, then Embiid can’t win it either because Giannis is the best 2 way player in the league AND his offensive numbers are superior when factoring efficiency.

But the problem is you are only focusing on the things Embiid does better, and completely ignoring the things that Jokic does better.