• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokic isn’t a 4 cause he can’t guard that position. Offensively that’s what he is. He’s a point forward. So we go gah gah over the fat white Draymond Green playing point forward from the center position. (In fairness, he’s Draymond with an actual jumper and a willingness to take it). All these people are saying the game has changed blah blah blah. Ok. So why is it a big deal when a guy with the ball in his hands all game puts up assist numbers that put him in between Tyrese Halliburton and Russell Westbrook (having a shitty season and playing with LeBron who dominates the ball).

Do you want to live in a world where Nikola Jokic has more MVPs than Kobe Bryant? Haha. I don’t
other than both being basketball players and able to pass he does not have much in common with Green.

To be clear, I'm not even saying Embiid shouldn't win, but a good case can be made for all 3.....to your question, I mean, if he wins the MVP I wont be looking for a way out of the world.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other than both being basketball players and able to pass he does not have much in common with Green.

To be clear, I'm not even saying Embiid shouldn't win, but a good case can be made for all 3.....to your question, I mean, if he wins the MVP I wont be looking for a way out of the world.
Well played haha

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much did these dudes bet Simmons would clank it?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's talking like we could have gotten DeRozan and kept all the role players and somehow just traded Kuzma for Hield straight up. None of that was possible.

I love Magic. But at this point, he's just talking to hear his head roar.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I mention Lebron?
Dude, just take the L

You called out LeBron for being selfish, I noted your hero was just as bad, then you said your hero was so 'selfish' he made players better, I noted LeBron does the same, and you went here.

You can like who you like and don't like who you don't like, but you're gonna get clowned when all you come up with for reasons is this junk.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, just take the L

You called out LeBron for being selfish, I noted your hero was just as bad, then you said your hero was so 'selfish' he made players better, I noted LeBron does the same, and you went here.

You can like who you like and don't like who you don't like, but you're gonna get clowned when all you come up with for reasons is this junk.
The discussion was MJ, not Lebron. I just said MJ made everyone better, never said a word about whether Lebron did or not. Be better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The discussion was MJ, not Lebron. I just said MJ made everyone better, never said a word about whether Lebron did or not. Be better.

See…

I don’t agree with that.

MJ did not make everyone better. Some guys couldn’t play with him at all. The guys who stuck on the Bulls were guys who could put up with MJ’s antics.

Technically LeBron doesn’t make everybody better either, but because of fit. MJ was a soul crusher and that wasn’t limited to opponents.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See…

I don’t agree with that.

MJ did not make everyone better. Some guys couldn’t play with him at all. The guys who stuck on the Bulls were guys who could put up with MJ’s antics.

Technically LeBron doesn’t make everybody better either, but because of fit. MJ was a soul crusher and that wasn’t limited to opponents.
I guess all we saw were the guys that stuck but you only need so many for a team. It’s a long list of guys that could be rattled off right? I don’t know where this came from honestly, there is no question both Jordan and Lebron made people better.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess all we saw were the guys that stuck but you only need so many for a team. It’s a long list of guys that could be rattled off right? I don’t know where this came from honestly, there is no question both Jordan and Lebron made people better.

What about Jokic and Embiid though?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Jokic and Embiid though?
I think they both make people a lot better. I give the edge to Embiid because he can dominate on both ends. The same case is made for MJ over Lebron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Usually when you talk about guys who make teammates better, it is playmakers like LeBron, Magic, Jokic, etc.

Any superstar makes average teammates better because of all the defensive attention they get.

But MJ did not make teammates better in the same way that elite creators do. LeBron is an elite creator.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually when you talk about guys who make teammates better, it is playmakers like LeBron, Magic, Jokic, etc.

Any superstar makes average teammates better because of all the defensive attention they get.

But MJ did not make teammates better in the same way that elite creators do. LeBron is an elite creator.
You think Scottie Pippen makes either of the all time teams without Jordan? I don’t think so. It wasn’t just creating on the court where Jordan made guys better, he demanded and got all they had. No doubt he was a dick.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Scottie Pippen makes either of the all time teams without Jordan? I don’t think so. It wasn’t just creating on the court where Jordan made guys better, he demanded and got all they had. No doubt he was a dick.

He was a top 3 MVP candidate and arguably the best player in the league while Jordan was playing baseball.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What you're ignoring is the difference in how they made teammates better.

On the court, MJ made teammates better by all of the attention he demanded from the opposing defense trying to stop him from scoring. Because he demanded so much attention, his teammates got open looks. Basically, it wasn't anything he did to directly assist his teammates that made them better...it was defenses trying to stop him from scoring that did that.

Compare that to guys like Magic and Lebron who did it by sharing the ball. Magic didn't just pass to his guys, he tried to not only get them the ball in the spots on the floor that they liked, he would also put it where they liked their hands to be for their shot. Lebron plays very much the same way.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the court, MJ made teammates better by all of the attention he demanded from the opposing defense trying to stop him from scoring. Because he demanded so much attention, his teammates got open looks. Basically, it wasn't anything he did to directly assist his teammates that made them better...it was defenses trying to stop him from scoring that did that.

Compare that to guys like Magic and Lebron who did it by sharing the ball. Magic didn't just pass to his guys, he tried to not only get them the ball in the spots on the floor that they liked, he would also put it where they liked their hands to be for their shot. Lebron plays very much the same way.
No doubt there are many ways to make guys better, accountability being one of them. Talking in game play no doubt it’s the guy handling the balls job to make people bettwr. No one did that better than Magic. Jordan did it as you said by drawing attention, and the accountability I mentioned. Lebron did it in all the above ways, this is the first year I don’t see Lebron having much of an impact on others play but you can only gut a team so much.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.