• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both sides of your mouth. I can’t say Embiid is as good a rebounder as Joker because of a number this year but despite the fact that Embiid missed 12 games this year and 9 of them were for Covid that doesn’t matter. His injury from his first two years after being drafted apparently matter though.

Hit me with those defensive metrics again that show Joker is a top 5 defender. Need a laugh.
Some people still think he's at risk for Injury because of his size.

Sure.

But, his history doesn't apply to this year, FOR ME, because every team has lost players to covid.

No need to worry.

People thought injuries would derail Curry's career after his first few years as well.

Worked out okay.

Embiid is not Blake Griffin.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t matter. The Fat White Hope has analytics on his side.
la-los-angeles.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Any metric that says Jokic is a top half of the league defender is bull shit. That’s my point.

Did I say anything about him being a top defender? No. You're saying that. But you truly wanna ignore all the head to head numbers that will determine who wins MVP.

The funny thing to me is how you think all the number are bullshit except two. Scoring average and defensive player ranking. So the only two Embiid has the advantage in are legit and all the other don't count.

And I already said I think Embiid will win MVP.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say anything about him being a top defender? No. You're saying that. But you truly wanna ignore all the head to head numbers that will determine who wins MVP.

The funny thing to me is how you think all the number are bullshit except two. Scoring average and defensive player ranking. So the only two Embiid has the advantage in are legit and all the other don't count.

And I already said I think Embiid will win MVP.
You're making an appeal solely based on statistics and I am poking a hole in the validity of a purely statistical approach. Don't tell me "I didn't say" because you can't comprehend what you're actually saying. No one made you adopt a purely statistical approach. You did that. So come up with a defense of metrics that say this due is a top 5 defender or own the fact that a purely statistical approach to this is ass. You choose.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, that's putting our biases into the narrative.

Traditional is out.

Positionless athletes are all the rage now.

Think about this Historically....

Outside of skill, why did guys like Iverson, Spud Webb, Magic, Fridge Perry, Lebron capture the publics imagination?

Because they are/were anomalies.

We aren't used to seeing people their size so what they can do.

Jockic is everything Sabonis would have been had he come to the NBA with at least 1 good knee.

His skills are fascinating.

He's not athletic.

He's not fast..

Can't run or jump...

You still can't stop him.

Agree. The bold is spot on.

That is where the eye test often fails. When I just sit and watch Embiid and Jokic and see the difference in athleticism, it's easy to say Embiid is the better player.

But when I look at their stats and what each means to his team...Jokic is right there with Embiid and better in some areas.

As for defense...imo, Jokic is a lot like Marc Gasol. I don't think there has been a less athletic player in the league than Marc Gasol...but dude won a DPOY.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. The bold is spot on.

That is where the eye test often fails. When I just sit and watch Embiid and Jokic and see the difference in athleticism, it's easy to say Embiid is the better player.

But when I look at their stats and what each means to his team...Jokic is right there with Embiid and better in some areas.

As for defense...imo, Jokic is a lot like Marc Gasol. I don't think there has been a less athletic player in the league than Marc Gasol...but dude won a DPOY.
There is no comparison between the defense Marc Gasol played and Jokic. That is an ass hot take. The only thing they have in common is being big and white. Gasol could actually guard his position better than most.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're making an appeal solely based on statistics and I am poking a hole in the validity of a purely statistical approach. Don't tell me "I didn't say" because you can't comprehend what you're actually saying. No one made you adopt a purely statistical approach. You did that. So come up with a defense of metrics that say this due is a top 5 defender or own the fact that a purely statistical approach to this is ass. You choose.

All you can hang your hat on is Embiid's a better defender while ignoring everything else. You wanna completely ignore any offensive comparisons. And you think because Embiid averages more points that makes him the overwhelmingly better offensive player.

I've already acknowledged Jokic isn't the defender Embiid is. But you're incapable of seeing that on the other side of the ball Jokic is ranked higher in just about every category.

Like I said. For you the numbers are legit as long as Embiid is ranked higher. But any head to head numbers Jokic leads in don't mean anything.

Jokic leads the league in double-doubles & trip-dubs. And is the only player in the top 10 in pts, rebs & asts. But the numbers don't matter right?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no comparison between the defense Marc Gasol played and Jokic. That is an ass hot take. The only thing they have in common is being big and white. Gasol could actually guard his position better than most.

lol @you thinking there's no comparison when you can't get past the "eye test".

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you can hang your hat on is Embiid's a better defender while ignoring everything else. You wanna completely ignore any offensive comparisons. And you think because Embiid averages more points that makes him the overwhelmingly better offensive player.

I've already acknowledged Jokic isn't the defender Embiid is. But you're incapable of seeing that on the other side of the ball Jokic is ranked higher in just about every category.

Like I said. For you the numbers are legit as long as Embiid is ranked higher. But any head to head numbers Jokic leads in don't mean anything.
1. I never argued that Embiid is the better offensive player. I have always said they are comparable and both dominant offensive players. You can go look it up in this thread.
2. The rest is just copy and paste nonsense I've already addressed.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is none. As you pointed out Gasol won a DPOTY. Jokic will never be considered for that award.

Shit! I shouldn't say never. We have handed the keys to the sports automobile to geeks with pencils whose sports careers topped out at JV soccer to make these decisions now. Maybe he will win DPOTY some year as long as someone can create a number with a funny acronym.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is none. As you pointed out Gasol won a DPOTY. Jokic will never be considered for that award.

Shit! I shouldn't say never. We have handed the keys to the sports automobile to geeks with pencils whose sports careers topped out at JV soccer to make these decisions now. Maybe he will win DPOTY some year as long as someone can create a number with a funny acronym.

lol

Keep telling yourself that. He doesn't have to be DPOY to be comparable to Gasol. Gasol got 1 DPOY...in 2013 and was only 2nd team All Defense and that was the only season that he even made an All Defensive team. Jokic is a better defender than he gets credit for, just as Gasol was.

Both are big and unathletic, yet managed to do just fine defending their positions.

You being in your feels over Embiid doesn't change that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Keep telling yourself that. He doesn't have to be DPOY to be comparable to Gasol. Gasol got 1 DPOY...in 2013 and was only 2nd team All Defense and that was the only season that he even made an All Defensive team. Jokic is a better defender than he gets credit for, just as Gasol was.

Both are big and unathletic, yet managed to do just fine defending their positions.

You being in your feels over Embiid doesn't change that.
Gasol’s coach never worked a scheme to keep Gasol from having to defend Embiid. Gasol played him better than most.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a shocker that a 76ers fan thinks his biased "eye test" is more legit than what the head to head numbers say.

But it's funny he thinks scoring average & player defensive rankings are legit but all the other numbers aren't.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shocker that a 76ers fan thinks his biased "eye test" is more legit than what the head to head numbers say.

But it's funny he thinks scoring average & player defensive rankings are legit but all the other numbers aren't.
Never said that. Maybe someday you won’t need a Strawman to hang

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that. Maybe someday you won’t need a Strawman to hang

You've told me multiple times that stats are for JV bench players. Or something similar to that. And that your "eye test" is more accurate than what the numbers say.

And the only numbers you'll acknowledge are Embiid averages more points & is a better defender. You think any other head to head numbers are invalid.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've told me multiple times that stats are for JV bench players. Or something similar to that. And that your "eye test" is more accurate than what the numbers say.

And the only numbers you'll acknowledge are Embiid averages more points & is a better defender. Everythinjg else in your mind doesn't count.
Except the defensive metrics point to Joker and not Embiid. And the only context I’ve brought up PPG is not about the points themselves but rather in the context of him being the first 5 since Shaq to potentially do that (not likely to happen now). You’re the guy who wants to embrace the strict statistical analysis not me. So the burden is on you to own the fact that many of these metrics are nonsense. You even admit that Embiid is the better defensive player but your almighty statistics tell a different story.