• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who doesn't give two fucks about the Embiid/Jokic "rivalry"

What have they faced each other? Like 5 times? Did Embiid have a tummy ache that day? I genuinelly give zero fucks

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had the dude’s number. I’m glad Canada had something to cheer for for once. I think it’s horrible that America has stolen Lord Stanley and refuses to give it back. It’s how we Americans feel when the Japanese or the Cubans win baseball at the Olympics.
Sounds like I got in your feels

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who doesn't give two fucks about the Embiid/Jokic "rivalry"

What have they faced each other? Like 5 times? Did Embiid have a tummy ache that day? I genuinelly give zero fucks
Shhhhh
We’ll call you when they get the ping pong balls out, bro.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shhhhh
We’ll call you when they get the ping pong balls out, bro.

What's Philly won with embiid? Like 2 series? Wake me up when they're in the ECF

Yes that ECF...the one the Pistons went to 6 years in a row this century at the very least.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or quite simply Joel Embiid is the better basketball player when one assesses both ends of the court.

But you can VORP all you like.

Those numbers I listed. That wasn't something random I decided to mention. During the Nuggets nationally televised game on 3/22 the announcers mentioned them. So I'm obviously not the only one that thinks the numbers you think mean nothing actually mean something.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those numbers I listed. That wasn't something random I decided to mention. During the Nuggets nationally televised game on 3/22 the announcers mentioned them. So I'm obviously not the only one that thinks the numbers you think mean nothing actually mean something.
Here we go again. I’m just calling you Scarecrow now. So if I’m saying you’re on an island, that here you are, the only man in the world focused on these statistics, then why have I left posts about analytics ruining sports? Why have I talked about their impact on baseball? So when did I say you were the only man in the world presenting a statistical argument? What I’ve said is that every single post of yours on this subject is purely a statistical analysis.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont necessarily agree that they have ruined sports...but the effect hasnt been as entirely positive as a lot of the analytics folks would like us to believe.

There have been some pretty cool things that have happened in sports that may not have if the coach/manager looked at analytics instead of trusting his instincts.

For example, if analytics were used instead of Lasordas instincts in 1988, we likely dont have what has to be the least talented World Series champs in history. lol

On the other hand, it is analytics that made the 3 a much bigger part of basketball and gave us Steph Curry.
Little bit ironic that the Dodgers won that against the As too, who ended up being one of the starters of analytics.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again. I’m just calling you Scarecrow now. So if I’m saying you’re on an island, that here you are, the only man in the world focused on these statistics, then why have I left posts about analytics ruining sports? Why have I talked about their impact on baseball? So when did I say you were the only man in the world presenting a statistical argument? What I’ve said is that every single post of yours on this subject is purely a statistical analysis.

How can you say I'm "on an island" when the stats I listed were mentioned during a nationally televised game?

Scarecrow? :pound:Shit man I think we gotta new sports talk show. You're a 76ers homer.

It'll be the Scarecrow & Homer show. On daily at 4:20 on espn8 the ocho!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you say I'm "on an island" when the stats I listed were mentioned during a nationally televised game?

Scarecrow? :pound:Shit man I think we gotta new sports talk show. You're a 76ers homer.

It'll be the Scarecrow & Homer show. On daily at 4:20 on espn8 the ocho!
Go read my reply again. I’m not saying you’re the only one making the argument. You’re the guy who said that’s my position.

And yes, I’ll own that im a Homer. Doesn’t mean I’m wrong.

704Tarheels

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,218.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an awful injury at a bad time of the season.

Watching the game last night the announcers said Williams is the only low pots defender in the league holding opponents to under 40% shooting. Individual D like that is impossible to replace.
Tough break bud. That definitely sucks