• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FML! I’m fucking working tonight. Have to sell spots in my SAT classes at a college night at a local high school.
do you teach the SAT class?

i dont even know how they score that anymore

a while back when it was jsut 1600 i did pretty well on it if i remember correctly- esp. the verbal

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it make sense?

It does to me.

Eye test says the MVP should be Embiid.

But, I am easily seduced by points and defense.

Jokic is not in Joel's stratosphere defensively, if I simply go by the eye test.

But, like you said, that's not how the game is evaluated right now.

To be fair, Joel can't create anywhere near Jokic's ability.

Shit, most pg's can't.

If that's what voters prioritize, well....so be it.
Embiid doesn’t have to though. It seems crazy to me to think Joel Embiid isn’t MVP because he’s the best traditional 5 the league has seen since Shaq and he’s not a PG.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a while back when it was jsut 1600 i did pretty well on it if i remember correctly- esp. the verbal
Yes. I teach the verbal part of the course. I have math people to teach that aspect of the course. It’s still a 1600 score. Many changes coming though for current FR in high school.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Exactly what I’ve said. Analytics rules sports. That’s the only area where Jokic is a better player than Embiid. Joker’s fucking coach ran a scheme that ensured that Joker wouldn’t have to even guard Embiid. Haha! The MVP can’t even guard his position. His coach has to throw junk defenses out there because the “MVP” can’t even compete on the defensive end.

You really need to stop with your completely fake narrative that Jokic doesn't play D. He's actually playing the best D of his career this season. And Embiid isn't the rebounder or distributor Jokic is.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, it's a mess now.

Both of my daughters took it a week ago.

College admissions is weird.

A few of the schools my eldest applied to does not require you to take the SAT nor ACT.

She got a full ride to all the Arizona schools.

ASU, UofA, NAU, Grand Canyon U.... No test required.

Brown was not trying to hear that shit.

But, other Out of State schools only needed it for financial aid.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you do a prep course? If not, I could have gotten you to 1400+ easy.
i did do a prep.

the thing that sucked- was i was always pretty good at verbal--- but math is where you can really score it seems. If you are a math genius getting like 740+ isnt difficult.....maybe just my opinion but it seems tough to get those really high numbers on verbal.

kids would get like 750 on math but not really score on the verbal- but with 750 you are working from a pretty good spot.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need to stop with your completely fake narrative that Jokic doesn't play D. He's actually playing the best D of his career this season. And Embiid isn't the rebounder or distributor Jokic is.
Haha stop. Embiid is absolutely the rebounder Jokic is. Embiid is often asked to guard on the perimeter though and that impacts his rebounding totals. The Sixers switch on all screens mostly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, it's a mess now.

Both of my daughters took it a week ago.

College admissions is weird.

A few of the schools my eldest applied to does not require you to take the SAT nor ACT.

She got a full ride to all the Arizona schools.

ASU, UofA, NAU, Grand Canyon U.... No test required.

Brown was not trying to hear that shit. But, other Out of StSta
I think ASU replaced the SAT and ACT with flip cup ;)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i did do a prep.

the thing that sucked- was i was always pretty good at verbal--- but math is where you can really score it seems. If you are a math genius getting like 740+ isnt difficult.....maybe just my opinion but it seems tough to get those really high numbers on verbal.

kids would get like 750 on math but not really score on the verbal- but with 750 you are working from a pretty good spot.
Test is very different today. No analogies. No sentence completions.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ASU replaced the SAT and ACT with flip cup ;)
Beer pong University... Lol

My kid is going for Architecture and minoring in Art.

She wants to go to ASU with her friends.

IDGAF.... She's doing dual enrollment at Brown/ Rhode Island School of design * RISD*

She will thank me later.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid doesn’t have to though. It seems crazy to me to think Joel Embiid isn’t MVP because he’s the best traditional 5 the league has seen since Shaq and he’s not a PG.
But, that's putting our biases into the narrative.

Traditional is out.

Positionless athletes are all the rage now.

Think about this Historically....

Outside of skill, why did guys like Iverson, Spud Webb, Magic, Fridge Perry, Lebron capture the publics imagination?

Because they are/were anomalies.

We aren't used to seeing people their size so what they can do.

Jockic is everything Sabonis would have been had he come to the NBA with at least 1 good knee.

His skills are fascinating.

He's not athletic.

He's not fast..

Can't run or jump...

You still can't stop him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha stop. Embiid is absolutely the rebounder Jokic is. Embiid is often asked to guard on the perimeter though and that impacts his rebounding totals. The Sixers switch on all screens mostly.

Sure for career. But not this season. Jokic- 13.6 (2nd) / Embiid- 11.4 (6th). It's kinda odd you can't give Jokic any credit at all. You just call him fat & sloppy instead.

Well that fat & sloppy player is more dependable than your guy. And has better all around numbers this season. And look at how many games for their careers each has played. NJ's first two years in the league played 153 games. Embiid played none.

JE's 3rd season in the league he played 31. NJ played 75.

Embiid's never played more than 64 games in a season. Jokic has played at least 72 games each season.

Games played for career won't factor into the MVP voting. But it's clear Jokic is the more dependable of the two.

I'm just saying Embiid isn't the run away winner that you think he is.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure for career. But not this season. Jokic- 13.6 (2nd) / Embiid- 11.4 (6th). It's kinda odd you can't give Jokic any credit at all. You just call him fat & sloppy instead.

Well that fat & sloppy player is more dependable than your guy. And has better all around numbers this season. And look at how many games for their careers each has played. NJ's first two years in the league played 153 games. Embiid played none.

JE's 3rd season in the league he played 31. NJ played 75.

Embiid's never played more than 64 games in a season. Jokic has played at least 72 games each season.

Games played for career won't factor into the MVP voting. But it's clear Jokic is the more dependable of the two.

I'm just saying Embiid isn't the run away winner that you think he is.
Both sides of your mouth. I can’t say Embiid is as good a rebounder as Joker because of a number this year but despite the fact that Embiid missed 12 games this year and 9 of them were for Covid that doesn’t matter. His injury from his first two years after being drafted apparently matter though.

Hit me with those defensive metrics again that show Joker is a top 5 defender. Need a laugh.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both sides of your mouth. I can’t say Embiid is as good a rebounder as Joker because of a number this year but despite the fact that Embiid missed 12 games this year and 9 of them were for Covid that doesn’t matter. His injury from his first two years after being drafted apparently matter though.

(1) Hit me with those defensive metrics again that show Joker is a top 5 defender. Need a laugh.

Does Jokic average more rebounds per game this season? What I said wasn't wrong.

All I said was Embiid has an injury history. Am I incorrect in saying that?

1- I see what you're saying there. All the head to head numbers don't mean anything unless Embiid has the lead in a stats category. If Embiid has the lead you pay attention to the numbers. But if he doesn't the numbers mean nothing. Good one.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Jokic average more rebounds per game this season? What I said wasn't wrong.

All I said was Embiid has an injury history. Am I incorrect in saying that?

1- I see what you're saying there. All the head to head numbers don't mean anything unless Embiid has the lead in a stats category. If Embiid has the lead you pay attention to the numbers. But if he doesn't the numbers mean nothing. Good one.
No. Any metric that says Jokic is a top half of the league defender is bull shit. That’s my point.