• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You posted 3 conditionals and only one of them came to be and ironically it was information that was already out there that tlance and I were unaware of. It's likely that you already were. You were wrong on your claims of fear of setting precedent and a PR nightmare. Meanwhile, your major point that Kyrie would be unavailable for playoff home games is wrong. Right now, you're the South flexing on winning a small skirmish when you ultimately lose the war.
what makes you say that I was wrong on fear of setting precedent and PR nightmare? those would be the precise reasons that the league would not allow them to pay the fine. Unless you can think of alternate reasons why the league would not allow them to pay the fine. I sure cant think of any that are as viable as those reasons.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You already did my work for me with this post. Maybe my claim is exaggerated. It's immaterial. What is evident is that you're a homer and that makes you inconsistent. You were very much anti-Watson and now you're looking to explain away his issues.
plus- just because the women said that they were going to get money, and would work with Watson again- doesn't mean they were lying. Plus- as far as overall picture- those were supposedly just over half of the 9 that were brought to the grand jury.

but analytically it does make you think- the prosecutor is of course going to bring the strongest cases he can to the grand jury. Here- the prosecutor- when having 22 cases to choose from- only brought 9. It doesn't necessarily mean the other 13 cases are weak, but it does imply that.

the only real facts that we know right now are that 13 cases were not brought to the grand jury for some reason- and that the grand jury is constituted of 12 people, and 9 of them must believe there is at least some evidence of criminal activity- in a proceeding where the defense does not speak, or put on evidence. A very low bar.

As I said in my post- this is pretty solid evidence - unless something else out of left field comes out- that Watson is not a criminal.

is he unethical? scummy? yah probably.

but - a grand jury deciding its not even worth it to bring charges- is a HUGE difference from the very high standard of evidence required to prove something beyond a reasonable doubt in an actual jury.

after that- does anyone think that Watson is a criminal? it would be hard to say that.

I think most, if not all people would say he is likely unethical and scummy- including me.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why challenge there? Monk clearly got Embiid on the arm

Hoping for an offensive foul ?

Yeah, a case could have been made and with 30 seconds-ish left in the game, it was the only chance to still pull out a win.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yiiiiikkkkeeessss, really fellas...?

What do I keep telling y'all...?

The political board is THAT way--->

200.gif

geeze, don't make me have to tell ya again...:D

It's kind of a tough call when it comes to Covid. It's a health issue which has become politicized. But, given that different cities have different rules that can effect the outcomes of NBA games (including playoff games)...it's relevant for discussion here.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but analytically it does make you think- the prosecutor is of course going to bring the strongest cases he can to the grand jury. Here- the prosecutor- when having 22 cases to choose from- only brought 9. It doesn't necessarily mean the other 13 cases are weak, but it does imply that.

Tome, that is part of what makes this strange. I would have to assume that the prosecution picked what he saw as the strongest cases and there still wasn't enough evidence for a trial despite the low bar.

I wonder if this will impact the civil cases? I would think that it would have to.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of a tough call when it comes to Covid. It's a health issue which has become politicized. But, given that different cities have different rules that can effect the outcomes of NBA games (including playoff games)...it's relevant for discussion here.

COVID itself isn't really affecting the outcome of games anymore (at least not in any magnitude); the issue is with a flat-earther martyring himself. Discussion of the virus isn't necessary, just Kyrie's muddled brain.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is UD still wearing a uniform? Less than 6 minutes played in total this season. Just put him on the coaching staff already.
Less than 6 minutes played in total this season? That is simply not true

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Kyrie playing well last night the Nets had nothing for the Grizz. That’s the topic as I see it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COVID itself isn't really affecting the outcome of games anymore (at least not in any magnitude); the issue is with a flat-earther martyring himself. Discussion of the virus isn't necessary, just Kyrie's muddled brain.

It doesn't matter ifit's directly fromaplayer testing positive, or if it's because of contradictory city mandates whether in the city itself (see Kyrie allowed to sit courtside,but not play) or different cities having different mandates, it all potentially effects the outcome of games.

In short, on Covid, as long as it stays civil, I'm not limiting discussion. If/when it reaches the point that all players can play in all venues whether vaxxed or not...then it won't be worthy of discussion anymore.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter ifit's directly fromaplayer testing positive, or if it's because of contradictory city mandates whether in the city itself (see Kyrie allowed to sit courtside,but not play) or different cities having different mandates, it all potentially effects the outcome of games.

In short, on Covid, as long as it stays civil, I'm not limiting discussion. If/when it reaches the point that all players can play in all venues whether vaxxed or not...then it won't be worthy of discussion anymore.

That's supposed to happen today I believe? Toronto is still another story though...

It's still on Kyrie, not NYC. Every other player in the NBA is playing without regulation. He has the right to choose, but he has to accept the pre-established consequences.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after acquiring him I of course have tried to dig into the information

and again- this generalization is inaccurate and unfair.

What I read was that of the 9 people that had their accusations brought to the grand jury- over half bragged on social media and or text message about how much money they would make, and over half expressed that they enjoyed working with Watson and would work with him again in messages to WAtson.

Not sure how that becomes "Wiggy said all 22 were liars". Maybe you can parse that for me?
Do you have articles around this? I'm too lazy to look.

Hey, I'm owning up to my shortcomings. :D

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, I'm done talking about it. Don't want to litter this thread on the NBA Season with Covid topics. I'll own up to rabbit holing this convo.
I agree that you that this conversation is more of politics discussion, but you can't really separate the reality of it From basketball. The Lakers are screwed this year anyway, so I have no one of interest to watch in basketball anyway

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never understood why so many people are terrified of a simple vaccine,
Now that Pfizer has been ordered to release data, especially data that includes adverse events, you'll understand why some are hesitant to take the vaccine.

My last point on the matter so that we can all move on - Do your own health assessment with yourself, your family and your doctor, and make the decision that works for you. For some the vaccine is beneficial, for others, there may be more risk involved than necessary. In the end, don't be a judgemental prick.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that you that this conversation is more of politics discussion, but you can't really separate the reality of it From basketball. The Lakers are screwed this year anyway, so I have no one of interest to watch in basketball anyway
You certainly can remove it from basketball. The season's ongoing and most have started to shift focus from Covid. Just because your team's not doing good, doesn't validate the reasoning to start trying to ruin the season for others.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Pfizer has been ordered to release data, especially data that includes adverse events, you'll understand why some are hesitant to take the vaccine.

My last point on the matter so that we can all move on - Do your own health assessment with yourself, your family and your doctor, and make the decision that works for you. For some the vaccine is beneficial, for others, there may be more risk involved than necessary. In the end, don't be a judgemental prick.
I don't care either, because I social distanced before and after getting both vaccinations anyway and have not associated with those that that haven't got the vaccination. I think we're almost past this anyway.