• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised you don't get to still work some days from home. So many companies are trying a new way because the employees are demanding it. Some kind of hybrid between all home and all at work

I think alot more companies are open to it as well because it cuts down on overhead among other things.

Last edited:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think alot more companies are open to it as well bedcause it cuts down on overhead among other things.
No doubt, it's going to be fascinating and mostly positive how Covid helped reconfigure working arrangements. Silver lining...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A company I was working for went out of business on New Years Eve 2019. A decent severance allowed me to take a couple of months off before I had to start looking...but then Covid hit.

I looked anyway, it took almost 6 months, but I got a higher paying job where I work from home and don't drive nearly 150 miles round trip 5-6 days a week.
Well damn, that was nice - I am sure that you are not complaining - lmao.

Now I am really sorry that the pandemic hit, and hate that so many people got hurt. I was surprised and relieved when they switched what I do from in the field to working at home, but I would be lying if I said I will be glad to driving to the companies to audit them again. I do miss it some, but not enough to prefer it - lol

The best part for you on that is more time with the wife and kids - assuming that you are happy with that part - he he

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised you don't get to still work some days from home. So many companies are trying a new way because the employees are demanding it. Some kind of hybrid between all home and all at work

I'm less than 10 miles from work and basically a department of 1 (production planner). The odd thing is, they allowed my ex-backup to stay home until he retired in Feb and our main sales agent is working remotely because she moved to Florida a year ago. Yet they don't want me to work remotely...might need a raise lol....

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm less than 10 miles from work and basically a department of 1 (production planner). The odd thing is, they allowed my ex-backup to stay home until he retired in Feb and our main sales agent is working remotely because she moved to Florida a year ago. Yet they don't want me to work remotely...might need a raise lol....
In this economy you can demand one, very tight labor market

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think alot more companies are open to it as well bedcause it cuts down on overhead among other things.
For workers compensation insurance, it saves the companies money - because with the pandemic, the Workers Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau created a new class code for people who work at home - called "Telecommuters" for the businesses, they will pay less money on workers compensation insurance rate - for the auditors - they have never made a change that made my job easier.. Now it's one more thing I have to look out for. Job security for a good reason

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this economy you can demand one, very tight labor market

It's only going to get tougher here, as two enormous Amazon buildings are going up within a mile of our facility and we still hire builders through temp agencies. I wish our company was still independent; we wouldn't be doing have the stupid shit that we do (especially underpaying our production employees).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, it's going to be fascinating and mostly positive how Covid helped reconfigure working arrangements. Silver lining...

Yeah, I work for the state now and it's looking like there will a few options based on job. In my current position it doesn't matter if I'm in the office or not because I can do it all over the phone and on my computer.

If I stay in my current role, I will be able to keep working from home. Some other positions that I'm considering range from staying home all the time, to going in a couple of days a week, to being in every day. Just depends on the amount of face to face public contact is required.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well damn, that was nice - I am sure that you are not complaining - lmao.

There are ocassions where I actually miss the commute because it was good for "decompressing" on the way home. Plus, I had been able to hire my son part time and enjoyed driving to and from with him on the days he worked.

But then I remember what I spent in gas, look at gas prices now and get over it pretty quickly. lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are ocassions where I actually miss the commute because it was good for "decompressing" on the way home. Plus, I had been able to hire my son part time and enjoyed driving to and from with him on the days he worked.

But then I remember what I spent in gas, look at gas prices now and get over it pretty quickly. lol
Take a walk to decompress and stay home. If it works for you. No way I’m ever working in an office again.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that is true but if so we are talking a long time ago. I bet a lot of people who lost relatives wish a vaccine had been available then. This vaccine has saved millions of lives worldwide and that is not debateable. Ok now we are done.
The virus is in the flu family as I recall, but that is where the comparison ends. While the flu can be deadly and result in death, it doesn't as a rule.
The corona virus until it reaches the endemics stage has been deadly as a rule and dangerous, while so many people are trying to say that the vaccination isn't helping - the fact is that it has helped. While the amount of help can be debatable - vaccines have been around for a hundred years and proven to be effective, so arguing against the vaccination is not an educated argument. Then to compound that problem with the "We should be allowed to do what we want and leave us alone and don't judge us" argument, that too is lacking common sense because when were thousands to millions of people refusing to get vaccinated, and then going into public places, they put others at risk.

I try not to attack them, but I think you are right and I agree with you, but remember this - Just like a man said one time when I told him I saw a family driving down a mountain in Colorado in a station wagon which was clearly intended for trucks not low to the ground and four wheel vehicles - "You can't fix stupid"

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well and now instead of making your son work for the money you have to give him, he gets it without having to work for it? LOL

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a walk to decompress and stay home. If it works for you. No way I’m ever working in an office again.

Yeah, one of the cool things about working from home is decompressing throughout the day. Along with our lunch and 15 minute breaks, we're encouraged to just get up and move around for 5 or so minutes periodically.

I wouldn't hate going in a couple of days a week. But I'd rather not. It's kind of funny, but I've always thought that I would hate working from home. Turns out not to be the case.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well and now instead of making your son work for the money you have to give him, he gets it without having to work for it? LOL

He got a sweet deal. Before Covid hit, a friend of his got him a job working at the same place she did. It was considered an essential business, so he got to keep working for a few months. But thern he had to quit because the chemicals he was working with was stripping the skin from his hands. He applied for unemployment, but his application got caught up and it ended up taking months to go through.

When it finally did, he got all of the weekly unemployment award plus the money from the Federal government in one huge payment. He's been using that and concentrating on his MMA training.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got a sweet deal. Before Covid hit, a friend of his got him a job working at the same place she did. It was considered an essential business, so he got to keep working for a few months. But thern he had to quit because the chemicals he was working with was stripping the skin from his hands. He applied for unemployment, but his application got caught up and it ended up taking months to go through.

When it finally did, he got all of the weekly unemployment award plus the money from the Federal government in one huge payment. He's been using that and concentrating on his MMA training.
And Dad?

I hope it works out for him - this is why you told your kids to go to college- My nephew got his phd, works from home and is earning over 100K a year

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else think it's funny the Nets gave up 132 points to a Memphis team missing Ja?

The social media fraud put up 35. The anti-vaxxer/flat Earther put up 43. And they still lose.

This team has no chemistry. They won't be winning many playoff games by trying to outscore opponents. And they aren't a good defensive team. No way in hell they win it all this season. I'd be surprised if they even get outta the EC.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else think it's funny the Nets gave up 132 points to a Memphis team missing Ja?

The social media fraud put up 35. The anti-vaxxer/flat Earther put up 43. And they still lose.

This team has no chemistry. They won't be winning many playoff games by trying to outscore opponents. And they aren't a good defensive team. No way in hell they win it all this season. I'd be surprised if they even get outta the EC.
I think the idea of them as a top contender included Simmons helping the defense but you're right if he doesn't play