• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You certainly can remove it from basketball. The season's ongoing and most have started to shift focus from Covid. Just because your team's not doing good, doesn't validate the reasoning to start trying to ruin the season for others.
No because to many players are refusing to get vaccinated. That affects the game and I am sure that many of them are doing that for free money... That's called greed...Now I am not criticizing them because I too would be greedy

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of a tough call when it comes to Covid. It's a health issue which has become politicized. But, given that different cities have different rules that can effect the outcomes of NBA games (including playoff games)...it's relevant for discussion here.
i can understand that...

guess on your part it's a borderline call...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You certainly can remove it from basketball. The season's ongoing and most have started to shift focus from Covid. Just because your team's not doing good, doesn't validate the reasoning to start trying to ruin the season for others.
I'm not trying to ruin anything and in fact, I may even support the Sun's to win one... It's a little late to be bitching about players not getting vaccinated which I assume is what some of this is about.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care either, because I social distanced before

The only thing I like less than people is, lots of them in one area.

I've always adjusted when I do things so that I can take care of things that I need to when fewer people are likely to be out and around.

So I was social distancing before it was a thing.

Or, as my wife says, "it's the one time in your life that you were actually ahead of a trend". lol

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can understand that...

Yeah, part way through I was thinking about re-directing to the Off-Topic Thread (after I finally figured out that it wasn't there lol). But then decided otherwise because it is still relative to the NBA...it's not like we're discussing the new SCOTUS nominee. lol

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can understand that...

Well as I just said to someone else, this conversation is a little late, but we had a national life and death health issue. If A player didn't want to play, I am fine with that as long as he stays at home without getting paid like the rest of us mortals have to do... Don't work then no pay is my motto. Now having said that, If I was a paying customer watching games in person and not getting to see the entire team play, then I would cancel my tickets and not pay to see them play either.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've always adjusted when I do things so that I can take care of things that I need to when fewer people are likely to be out and around.

Or, as my wife says, "it's the one time in your life that you were actually ahead of a trend". lol
Lol,. I haven't done large crowds or gatherings either. To be honest, though this pandemic has been a blessing for me... I have been able to work from home making the same pay and instead of driving 40,000 miles a year, I drove 12,000 a year. I'm not complaining and since Im not married, I spend my own money without help...lol

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as I just said to someone else, this conversation is a little late, but we had a national life and death health issue. If A player didn't want to play, I am fine with that as long as he stays at home without getting paid like the rest of us mortals have to do... Don't work then no pay is my motto. Now having said that, If I was a paying customer watching games in person and not getting to see the entire team play, then I would cancel my tickets and not pay to see them play either.
well personally, i'm Phizer Vaxxed and got the booster. no adverse effects. which means i'll piss off a lotta my enemies around here cuz it seems i'll be around for a long time to come...:heh:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well personally, i'm Phizer Vaxxed and got the booster. no adverse effects. which means i'll piss off a lotta my enemies around her cuz it seems i'll be around for a long time to come...:heh:
I will enjoy watching you piss the Living shit out of them as well

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Pfizer has been ordered to release data, especially data that includes adverse events, you'll understand why some are hesitant to take the vaccine.

My last point on the matter so that we can all move on - Do your own health assessment with yourself, your family and your doctor, and make the decision that works for you. For some the vaccine is beneficial, for others, there may be more risk involved than necessary. In the end, don't be a judgemental prick.
Things have changed, therefore policies must change. Where I get upset is when COVID is compared to the flu. Sure it’s closer to that now, but last year 75 percent of every county in the US experienced an overall drop in population. I hope I don’t have to tell you that is not normal, and it certainly has never happened due to the flu. I hope we can all agree it’s good we are moving past this finally.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, part way through I was thinking about re-directing to the Off-Topic Thread (after I finally figured out that it wasn't there lol). But then decided otherwise because it is still relative to the NBA...it's not like we're discussing the new SCOTUS nominee. lol
So far the SCOTUS nominee process has been more entertaining than the Lakers, but ....well nothing more to say

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things have changed, therefore policies must change. Where I get upset is when COVID is compared to the flu. Sure it’s closer to that now, but last year 75 percent of every county in the US experienced an overall drop in population. I hope I don’t have to tell you that is not normal, and it certainly has never happened due to the flu. I hope we can all agree it’s good we are moving past this finally.
The initial variant of the flu was actually far more deadly. But like I said, I'm moving on.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol,. I haven't done large crowds or gatherings either. To be honest, though this pandemic has been a blessing for me... I have been able to work from home making the same pay and instead of driving 40,000 miles a year, I drove 12,000 a year. I'm not complaining and since Im not married, I spend my own money without help...lol

A company I was working for went out of business on New Years Eve 2019. A decent severance allowed me to take a couple of months off before I had to start looking...but then Covid hit.

I looked anyway, it took almost 6 months, but I got a higher paying job where I work from home and don't drive nearly 150 miles round trip 5-6 days a week.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's supposed to happen today I believe? Toronto is still another story though...

It's still on Kyrie, not NYC. Every other player in the NBA is playing without regulation. He has the right to choose, but he has to accept the pre-established consequences.
Of course but we are well past the point where this mandate makes any sense. It did before, it does not now. Kyrie is still a selfish douchebag but it's time for this mandate to end

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The initial variant of the flu was actually far more deadly. But like I said, I'm moving on.

How far back are you going? People used to die from all kinds of stupid shit the farther you go back.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was an introvert's/misanthrope's dream

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an introvert's/misanthrope's dream

I loved working from home. Unfortunately, it only lasted for 3 months for me, then we were called back in to the office. Living alone and calling in to meetings (no video) made it real easy to stay "ultra casual" lol.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved working from home. Unfortunately, it only lasted for 3 months for me, then we were called back in to the office. Living alone and calling in to meetings (no video) made it real easy to stay "ultra casual" lol.
I'm surprised you don't get to still work some days from home. So many companies are trying a new way because the employees are demanding it. Some kind of hybrid between all home and all at work

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that is true but if so we are talking a long time ago. I bet a lot of people who lost relatives wish a vaccine had been available then. This vaccine has saved millions of lives worldwide and that is not debateable. Ok now we are done.