• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Rookie Prospect thread

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL's and punters eh? What gets scored on OL's? Pancakes and sacks allowed?
I love the position specific IDP's, really gives value to DT's and CB's. Random IDP's are just a ton of LB's with some safeties and DE's sprinkled in.

Sounds like fun.
OL is scored by their offenses production in yards minus sacks allowed. It's overly simplistic but that's the best we can do with the league hosting software options we've found.

The salary cap is the fun part man. You have teams cutting good players because they need the cap room. You have bidding wars for FA. And a 7 round rookie draft. It's a league for the obsessed. We might have a fantasy football problem.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL is scored by their offenses production in yards minus sacks allowed. It's overly simplistic but that's the best we can do with the league hosting software options we've found.

The salary cap is the fun part man. You have teams cutting good players because they need the cap room. You have bidding wars for FA. And a 7 round rookie draft. It's a league for the obsessed. We might have a fantasy football problem.
Sounds like something many of this board's regulars would go for. I would've years ago. But at this stage I find simpler suits me. Does sound fun though

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyones on board the Jeudy train...........Hes great, hes also a media darling right now.

"Jeudy has been linked to the Giants, but team sources say that Jeudy could fall because he doesn't have elite size, and the receiving class is very deep, so teams may think they can get a talented receiver atop Round 2. Arizona could land Jeudy at No. 8 for those reasons."

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyones on board the Jeudy train...........Hes great, hes also a media darling right now.

"Jeudy has been linked to the Giants, but team sources say that Jeudy could fall because he doesn't have elite size, and the receiving class is very deep, so teams may think they can get a talented receiver atop Round 2. Arizona could land Jeudy at No. 8 for those reasons."
Seen plenty of mocks landing him on the Raiders or even the Donkeys in the mid teens

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen plenty of mocks landing him on the Raiders or even the Donkeys in the mid teens
really? i havent seen him falling that far, but admittedly have looked recently.....I think theres a ton of wr talent in this class, and theres gonna be some suprises

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? i havent seen him falling that far, but admittedly have looked recently.....I think theres a ton of wr talent in this class, and theres gonna be some suprises
Most of the mocks that have Judey falling have Lamb going as the #1..usually to the Gmen, Cards, or Jags.

NFL.com has him going to Oakland #12, SI to the Colts #13, UsaToday- the Raiders, NBC sports has Lamb to the Raiders, Juedy to the Colts, can't recall the one I found last night that had Lamb to Oakland and Juedy to Denver..probably a more regional one that popped up in the search.

Most others I've seen seem to have him keyed in at #8 to ARZ

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the mocks that have Judey falling have Lamb going as the #1..usually to the Gmen, Cards, or Jags.

NFL.com has him going to Oakland #12, SI to the Colts #13, UsaToday- the Raiders, NBC sports has Lamb to the Raiders, Juedy to the Colts, can't recall the one I found last night that had Lamb to Oakland and Juedy to Denver..probably a more regional one that popped up in the search.

Most others I've seen seem to have him keyed in at #8 to ARZ
interesting, theyve been moving him then, im gonna have to check some mocks out then, thanks!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards been drafting lots of WRs lately, doesn't Kyler need OL help?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he does. But fits aging. And it doesn't look like those wrs showed much promise
Kirk looks good, borderline #1 type..they didnt get to see Butler at all, but yeah, they need something. Personally I think they should go after Cooper, or Green, assuming they end up available, maybe Funchess or Sanders, but Sanders is getting up there, and isnt exactly a "professional" example for the young guys. I don't think Anderson offers what they're missing, and Cobb, and the rest are kinda meh. Then draft the line. Easier to bandaid a competent WR corp together than a line...especially if you get a line to start with.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk looks good, borderline #1 type..they didnt get to see Butler at all, but yeah, they need something. Personally I think they should go after Cooper, or Green, assuming they end up available, maybe Funchess or Sanders, but Sanders is getting up there, and isnt exactly a "professional" example for the young guys. I don't think Anderson offers what they're missing, and Cobb, and the rest are kinda meh. Then draft the line. Easier to bandaid a competent WR corp together than a line...especially if you get a line to start with.
i totally agree with you, i thik funchess could be really intriguing there. Cooper would be great. I dont see green as a great fit just because of the injuries and his age, butler they didnt get to see. I forgot about him. Wtf were they doing with isabella this year

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i totally agree with you, i thik funchess could be really intriguing there. Cooper would be great. I dont see green as a great fit just because of the injuries and his age, butler they didnt get to see. I forgot about him. Wtf were they doing with isabella this year
9d1.gif

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know all the draft hype was claiming Isabella can play outside and in the slot, but that was college. He profiles as a slot WR in the NFL, and they'd be brain dead if they took slot snaps away from Kirk or Fitz to get a small school rookie more time on the field last year, no matter how fast he is.

Call me crazy, but maybe these rookie WRs need a season or two to develop!
They have like 5 WRs that are 23yrs old, would not be surprised in the least if they don't use an early round pick on that position.

Also, with how deep this WR class is, why spend a 1st or 2nd rounder when there's other needs? Keim is a former OL guy, that's where my bet for their 1st round pick is right now until we get more info

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok this sounds awesome

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jeudy in Arizona is near the top of my wishlist...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most intriguing one to me is zach moss. He is a fn monster. Also a legit 3 down back. When hes on the field, he runs hard, physical, beautiful vision, good in pass protection with good hands.

stop it stop it stop it. stop being on the moss train people

are you trying to trick me?!?!?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that's pretty solid, without knowing where anyone lands, can't argue with any of the RB's/WR's..but unless you have a deep, position specific, IDP league, no defender is going anywhere near the first round, be willing to bet 3-5 QB's go before the first idp in most leagues.

And, as some parts of the article touch on, once the NFL draft is over, I could easily see 2-3 RB's as the 1st three picks. Everyone always needs another RB, and WR's, especially in this draft, are somewhat plentiful, watering down the value just a bit
Elite edge rushers are gold in IDP.

I have multiple first round DE's in both Dynasty IDP leagues Im in.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite edge rushers are gold in IDP.

I have multiple first round DE's in both Dynasty IDP leagues Im in.

Only if sacks are more than 3, otherwise they're far too inconsistent. If you need 3 sacks, to reach my LB's average floor of 10-12 tackles..I'll take that bet. If you only need one, and a handful of assists, yeah, sure the edge is great.

Besides, like you said, you're talking elite edge rushers. I readily admitted a few are useable. %80 of em are waiver fodder

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if sacks are more than 3, otherwise they're far too inconsistent. If you need 3 sacks, to reach my LB's average floor of 10-12 tackles..I'll take that bet. If you only need one, and a handful of assists, yeah, sure the edge is great.

Besides, like you said, you're talking elite edge rushers. I readily admitted a few are useable. %80 of em are waiver fodder
There are so many LBs that score solid points though.

I'm not sure if any position has a greater discrepancy between elite players and average ones as DE.

No doubt about LBs being the go to defensive "flex". But you can find usable guys off the wire week to week just based off injuries. A MLB with a depleted LB corps around him is going to score just based on snap count and inevitable cleanups.

Everything I've said only applies to leagues that start DLineman, LBers, Secondary and Flex as seperate categories. Otherwise, yeah, Linebackers all day.