• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Rookie Prospect thread

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early hype

RB D'Andre Swift
RB JK Dobbins
WR Jerry Jeudy
RB Travis Etienne
RB Jonathan Taylor
WR CeeDee Lamb
RB Cam Akers
RB Najee Harris

Honorable mentions

RB Chuba Hubbard
WR Tee Higgins
WR Laviska Shenault Jr
WR Bryan Edwards
RB Zack Moss
RB Eno Benjamin
RB Kylin Hill
TE Brycen Hopkins
WR Henry Ruggs III
WR Devonta Smith

Just figured its time to get this started since Dynasty draft orders are starting to be set.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a thing I like to start checking out along with the prospects themselves - where's the best landing spots for the RB's? The WR's don't have to be the best WR on their teams to be on the field for a significant amount of PT, heck, they might not need to be the 2nd best, and still see a ton. But RB's, outside of a drive here or there, if the took isnt hands down the best option they've got, they have a had time getting relevant snaps.

Tampa
Miami
these are the only two teams with obvious, glaring, gaping holes to fill, where virtually any decent rook should be able to come in and win the job. Baring a surprise FA signing

KC
ATL
Freeman may be wearing out his welcome, and the Williams's/Shady combo doesn't seem to be getting it done like a team with nonexistent defense needs them too.

After that? We're looking at clusterfuck situations if the top rooks end up on anyone else's rosters

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early hype

RB D'Andre Swift
RB JK Dobbins
WR Jerry Jeudy

RB Travis Etienne
RB Jonathan Taylor
WR CeeDee Lamb

RB Cam Akers
RB Najee Harris

Honorable mentions

RB Chuba Hubbard
WR Tee Higgins
WR Laviska Shenault Jr
WR Bryan Edwards
RB Zack Moss
RB Eno Benjamin
RB Kylin Hill
TE Brycen Hopkins
WR Henry Ruggs III
WR Devonta Smith

Just figured its time to get this started since Dynasty draft orders are starting to be set.
Those are my top guys. The most intriguing one to me is zach moss. He is a fn monster. Also a legit 3 down back. When hes on the field, he runs hard, physical, beautiful vision, good in pass protection with good hands. Hes a vastly more talented James conner though. ALWAYS HURT. its gonna kill him for the nfl, and in the nfl...but man.....i watch utah games, to watch him.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are my top guys. The most intriguing one to me is zach moss. He is a fn monster. Also a legit 3 down back. When hes on the field, he runs hard, physical, beautiful vision, good in pass protection with good hands. Hes a vastly more talented James conner though. ALWAYS HURT. its gonna kill him for the nfl, and in the nfl...but man.....i watch utah games, to watch him.

utah was on a lot of dark horse radars this year, lots of upperclassmen, surprisingly good team, weak conference - good recipe there.

damn kids/new job, I barely had time to focus on my NFL/fantasy stuff when I usually get a healthy dose of NCAA action on a weekly basis.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:
Talking about rookies in December is like drafting Suicide in May.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty good discussion on the players

1 D Swift RB
2 C Akers RB
3 J Taylor RB
4 J Dobbins RB
5 CEH RB
6 J Raegor WR
7 C Lamb WR
8 J Jeudy WR
9 B Edwards WR
10 J Jefferson WR
11 T Higgins WR
12 L Shenault WR

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 15 as of right now (PPR/IDP)

Jerry Jeudy, WR ALA
CeeDee Lamb, WR OK
D'Andre Swift, RB GA
JK Dobbins, RB OSU
Jonathan Taylor, RB WIS
Henry Ruggs III, WR ALA
Laviska Shenault Jr. WR COL
Clyde Edwards-Hilaire, RB LSU
Chase Young, ED OSU
Jalen Reagor, WR TCU
Zack Moss, RB Utah
Isaiah Simmons, ILB CLM
Tee Higgins, WR CLM
Cam Akers, RB Florida State
Kenneth Murray, ILB OK

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 15 as of right now (PPR/IDP)

Jerry Jeudy, WR ALA
CeeDee Lamb, WR OK
D'Andre Swift, RB GA
JK Dobbins, RB OSU
Jonathan Taylor, RB WIS
Henry Ruggs III, WR ALA
Laviska Shenault Jr. WR COL
Clyde Edwards-Hilaire, RB LSU
Chase Young, ED OSU
Jalen Reagor, WR TCU
Zack Moss, RB Utah
Isaiah Simmons, ILB CLM
Tee Higgins, WR CLM
Cam Akers, RB Florida State
Kenneth Murray, ILB OK
I'd say that's pretty solid, without knowing where anyone lands, can't argue with any of the RB's/WR's..but unless you have a deep, position specific, IDP league, no defender is going anywhere near the first round, be willing to bet 3-5 QB's go before the first idp in most leagues.

And, as some parts of the article touch on, once the NFL draft is over, I could easily see 2-3 RB's as the 1st three picks. Everyone always needs another RB, and WR's, especially in this draft, are somewhat plentiful, watering down the value just a bit

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that's pretty solid, without knowing where anyone lands, can't argue with any of the RB's/WR's..but unless you have a deep, position-specific, IDP league, no defender is going anywhere near the first round, be willing to bet 3-5 QB's go before the first idp in most leagues.

And, as some parts of the article touch on, once the NFL draft is over, I could easily see 2-3 RB's as the 1st three picks. Everyone always needs another RB, and WR's, especially in this draft, are somewhat plentiful, watering down the value just a bit
It's an entirely talent-based list at this point with no teams to link them to. It's based on how much I like them as a prospect.

Yeah, I think most leagues have IDP starting to come off the board early-mid second round and with this deep of a class at the offensive skill positions I could see most leagues being late second for the top IDP.

We're a very deep (53 man roster with 10 man practice squad) position-specific IDP league (with offensive line and punters and a salary cap). It's also a system where a star IDP usually is comparable to a star offensive player (close, but not quite).

Quarterbacks usually come off the board a little after the top IDP for us because there's not much of a positional variance between most of the group.

And I would probably drop the IDP in that list a little bit on second thought anyway. I think they might be a little high. I rarely get the top IDP in drafts because I draft them later than most in my league.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think most leagues have IDP starting to come off the board early-mid second round and with this deep of a class at the offensive skill positions I could see most leagues being late second for the top IDP.

We're a very deep (53 man roster with 10 man practice squad) position-specific IDP league (with offensive line and punters and a salary cap). It's also a system where a star IDP usually is comparable to a star offensive player (close, but not quite).

Quarterbacks usually come off the board a little after the top IDP for us because there's not much of a positional variance between most of the group.
OL's and punters eh? What gets scored on OL's? Pancakes and sacks allowed?
I love the position specific IDP's, really gives value to DT's and CB's. Random IDP's are just a ton of LB's with some safeties and DE's sprinkled in.

Sounds like fun.