• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Rookie Prospect thread

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If y'all are drafting for dynasty Aiyuk and Reagor landed in dream spots.
Drafted Reagor in 2nd round of dynasty draft after grabbing Juedy and Lamb in the first. Think I am in good shape with rookie WRs.:nod::nod::nod:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing out my post-draft rookie rankings...

RUNNING BACKS
  1. Clyde Edwards-Helaire... What a fit for Reid's offense. This kid should make an instant impact to their offense. He's an elite athlete, and a better runner & catcher than Damian Williams. CEH should be the uncontested starter. He would have been near the top of my list regardless of where he landed, but the Chiefs' elite offense surrounding him only further boosts his value.
  2. Jonathan Taylor... My favorite RB of the draft. He & Marlon Mack will undoubtedly form a committee of some sort. Training camp will tell us everything we need to know. Behind this O-line, anyone toting the ball is worthy of FF starter consideration. If Mack falters, Taylor has OROY potential.
  3. D'Andre Swift... Arguably the best RB of the draft. Kerryon Johnson obviously clouds the water here. If both are healthy then we have a time share to consider. Sad landing place for Swift. But for dynasty purposes, I think Swift should easily take the starting role at some point down the road.
  4. JK Dobbins... Good place to land for any rookie RB. He'll obviously have to sit behind Ingram for a year, but could gain some spot starts in relief of injuries. Good prospect, but this has more to do with the system than the runner.
  5. Cam Akers... Going to be looked at as a potential starter in camp. But Akers is "just a guy" IMO. He's just good at pretty much everything, and great at nothing. Nothing I've seen from his film sets him apart from any of the other rookies drafted.
Sleeper: Josh Kelley, Chargers. Justin Jackson got a ton of hype last offseason, and showed good potential (7.89ypc), but couldn't stay healthy. Kelley has great potential to make an impact THIS YEAR.

WIDE RECEIVERS
  1. Justin Jefferson... Safest pick IMO. Solid QB (even if often erratic, but instantly replaces the departed Diggs), good supporting cast, and a good offensive system.
  2. CeeDee Lamb... A lot of mouths to feed in DAL, but I think Lamb will gain steam fast. He's too dynamic to be overshadowed IMO. Cooper & Gallup have their inconsistencies. Might take some time for Lamb to flourish, but he'll be worth the wait.
  3. Brandon Aiyuk... With Sanders & Goodwin gone, Aiyuk will eat up all those targets. Him & Deebo Samuels will be a great up-&-comer combo to watch out for.
  4. Denzel Mims... Can't believe he lasted until late 2nd Rd. He has a lot of potential to be hindered by his QB, so take this rank with a grain of salt. I still love everything that Mims brings to the table as a receiver though. Great upside if he can develop trust with Darnold.
  5. Jerry Jeudy... Broncos offense looks potent. Jeudy adds a speed element that shouldn't be overlooked. If Lock chokes however, this ranking drops out of the sky.
  6. Henry Ruggs... Interestingly revamped WR corps in LV. Rookies Edwards & Bowden will undoubtedly compete for snaps at some point, but Ruggs will be the guy they lean on early. Not a fan of Derek Carr, but there's at least a solid amount of potential for Ruggs. Even with Tyrell Williams, Nelson Agholor & Darren Waller taking up targets.
  7. Tee Higgins... AJ Green clone landing in the perfect place to learn from his clone. AJ Green is on the doorstep of leaving Cincy so Higgins will be the guy that steps in to fill those shoes. One of the better "high point" receivers in this class. Very technical at the top of the route, which should earn immediate trust from Burrow.
  8. Jalen Reagor... Boom or bust, but should be a lot of boom. Kid is electric with the ball in his hands. Good system fit. Should learn a lot from Alshon & DeSean.
  9. Laviska Shenault... Incredible potential but alarmingly risky given his injury history. If he can stay healthy, oh my. He & Chark could be terrifying. What scares me more than his injury history, is the Jags look set to tank 2020. Probably going to be a roller-coaster ride for both him & Chark this season.
  10. Michael Pittman... Murky waters here. He should be a day 1 starter with Hilton & Pascal (no particular order). But if Parris Campbell is healthy then things could get interesting. With Philip Rivers in the fold it & that O-line he should be a safer pick. But its just too early to predict how Pittman fits into this system right now.
Sleeper: Chase Claypool, Steelers. I'm sure you'll roll your eyes here, but c'mon man! Big Ben is back baby! Everyone around Ben regains fantasy value. Claypool is admittedly a combine hero that didn't display such traits on the field, but the potential is still there. He could be a RZ hero his rookie season.
Appreciation bump lol.