• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Recruiting

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might end up at OU .. hard to say, but I think ASU has the inside track atm.

Apparently he de-committed after visiting ASU. Closer to home and ASU has been playing well lately. They might've convinced him that ASU is a program on the rise and that he can play closer to home.

If he ends up at ASU I'd completely understand tbh. Sucks for us though since we're not really in the running for a CB of his caliber right now.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently he de-committed after visiting ASU. Closer to home and ASU has been playing well lately. They might've convinced him that ASU is a program on the rise and that he can play closer to home.

If he ends up at ASU I'd completely understand tbh. Sucks for us though since we're not really in the running for a CB of his caliber right now.
Next year's class will have some quality DB's that hopefully UW lands.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't really mean much to me. If I were a recruit I'd take every visit possible since it's a free trip and you get treated like a king.

What I heard is that he doesn't want to play at UW due to family issues. If I were to be overly speculative there could be the possibility they moved to Arizona to get away from that in the first place. Never know what's going on behind the scenes.

Would be nice to see him land at UW though if that's what is right for him. Would be unfortunate if he picked UW and it back fired on him on a personal level.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year's class will have some quality DB's that hopefully UW lands.

I'm biased but if I were a CB prospect I'd really want to play at UW given the job Jimmy Lake has done. For all the issues we've had this year, The Athletic named Trent McDuffie to their midseason Freshman All-American team.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday I was tailgating with some friends in the E12 parking lot and I ran into Sav'ell Smalls.

Could've been because I was drunk but I went up and said "Sav'ell?" and in my brief interaction with him he seemed really pleased that I recognized him and was really nice. I only congratulated him on his commitment and said I was looking forward to him in purple and gold. He definitely seemed open to talking more which I was surprised by but I felt weird recognizing and approaching a commit. Also I didn't really have anything else to say. Seemed like a nice kid though.

I noticed he wasn't wearing any UW gear which was somewhat concerning.

Also if he really is 6'3 then I'm an awful judge of height. If I had to guess he's closer to 6'1 maybe 6'2 at best. For whatever that's worth.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he wasn't wearing any UW gear at the tailgate I met him at makes me worry it's more of a soft commit and he's still weighing his decisions.
I don't see UW losing Hatchet. He was pro UW from early on.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha now. tbh I don't care much for Smalls or his dad.

Was worried my awful hangover was the reason for the misunderstanding. Seemed like a nice guy, but seeing him at a UW tailgate not wearing any UW gear makes me feel that he's not 100% committed. I could be overthinking it, but I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if he ends up signing with a different school.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was worried my awful hangover was the reason for the misunderstanding. Seemed like a nice guy, but seeing him at a UW tailgate not wearing any UW gear makes me feel that he's not 100% committed. I could be overthinking it, but I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if he ends up signing with a different school.
I wouldn't mind seeing him sign somewhere else and right afterwards UW going to the CFP so he can watch his hometown Huskies doing things without his ass.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind seeing him sign somewhere else and right afterwards UW going to the CFP so he can watch his hometown Huskies doing things without his ass.

His talent is definitely undeniable and with the Huskies struggling rushing the passer, he could be a really great addition.