• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Recruiting

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out this film from last year of Mauro as a junior shutting down the Ducks DE Thibodeaux.
:clap:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he rides out for two years! He would be going up against that pussy in Oregon this year so why not hold up year snag the Heisman then the #1 pick

I have my doubts Eason stays for two years for a few reasons.

1. He fact that he initially committed to Georgia then transferred to UW when he lost the job somewhat indicates a lack of commitment to me.

2. It's always hard to resist turning down a first round draft pick opportunity. Even if he just has an average season, with his natural talents teams will look the other way thinking he will improve. If he stays another year and doesn't make a leap, he'll lose some of that benefit of the doubt. Additionally he'd be somewhat older for a QB draftee.

I also have to add that I don't think he'd even come close to winning the Heisman. I don't expect him to put up big numbers and despite his talent. The Huskies don't put up a high volume of passes and he has his shortcomings when it comes to consistency and accuracy.

Despite being a vastly different QB, I'd expect that the stats will closely resemble those of Browning in 2018 with a lower completion percentage, more touchdown passes and perhaps more interceptions.

Bad news for Husky fans is I think Eason will make a lot of really amazing throws but miss some really easy ones and that'll be extremely frustrating for Husky fans.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out this film from last year of Mauro as a junior shutting down the Ducks DE Thibodeaux.
:clap:

I saw someone post this on Facebook - @AlaskaGuy might've stole it from you - and man that's impressive. Thibodeaux was ranked the #2 overall player for the 2019 recruiting class and he got shut down by an interior lineman a year younger than him. That's some damn good protection from a guy who projects as a center.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article doesn't exactly paint UW in a positive light when it comes to recruiting:

Why did Washington wait so long to offer Gee Scott Jr.? An...

For those of you who don't have a subscription to The Athletic, here is a telling quote:

"Scott (6 feet 3, 207 pounds) currently is one of the top-15 receivers in the class as well a consensus top-70 prospect nationally. After his performance at The Opening and other camps during the summer, it’s seemingly a foregone conclusion that he’s going to end up a five-star prospect. And that prospect would be a Washington commitment had the Huskies’ staff offered — and that was evident in the commitment video the Scotts put together in case Gee announced for the Huskies. That video ended with Scott wearing purple foam Husky claws on his hands, but it obviously never saw the light of day, given Washington didn’t offer until last month, six months after he committed to the Buckeyes."

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article doesn't exactly paint UW in a positive light when it comes to recruiting:

Why did Washington wait so long to offer Gee Scott Jr.? An...

For those of you who don't have a subscription to The Athletic, here is a telling quote:

"Scott (6 feet 3, 207 pounds) currently is one of the top-15 receivers in the class as well a consensus top-70 prospect nationally. After his performance at The Opening and other camps during the summer, it’s seemingly a foregone conclusion that he’s going to end up a five-star prospect. And that prospect would be a Washington commitment had the Huskies’ staff offered — and that was evident in the commitment video the Scotts put together in case Gee announced for the Huskies. That video ended with Scott wearing purple foam Husky claws on his hands, but it obviously never saw the light of day, given Washington didn’t offer until last month, six months after he committed to the Buckeyes."

I don't think it paints a negative on the Dawgs, clearly they were targeting other positions and with some kids going else where that gave them an open offer to give out so they offered to Scott.......

Newsflash : Wideouts are a dime a dozen even in the college ranks and they already have a stable of wideouts on campus

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it paints a negative on the Dawgs, clearly they were targeting other positions and with some kids going else where that gave them an open offer to give out so they offered to Scott.......

Newsflash : Wideouts are a dime a dozen even in the college ranks and they already have a stable of wideouts on campus

We've talked about the trade-offs with offering a Prima Donna before so I won't get into that, but I think it does paint them in a negative light to a certain extent. After initially refusing to offer him, they changed their mind and offered him. Guess what happened? Nothing. They clearly changed their mind and want him now, but they decided that too late.

I somewhat disagree with WRs being a dime a dozen. Sure there are plenty of guys who have elite measurables who get a 4* rating, but the only two WRs to really make a substantial impact in the Petersen era have been Pettis and Ross. Part of it can be due to Browning's indecision, but it didn't appear that guys were very consistently getting open.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3