• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Recruiting

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW is expected to take one more OL for this class.
And will be Hatchett and it will be pure WOOF awesomeness.

And if a certain RB from this town had any doubts about run blocking, that about ends that argument. They'll be making holes you could drive a bus through for him.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And will be Hatchett and it will be pure WOOF awesomeness.

And if a certain RB from this town had any doubts about run blocking, that about ends that argument. They'll be making holes you could drive a bus through for him.
Hatchett, Sam Adams Jr., LV Bunkley-Shelton and Ayden Hector would be a homerun.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington coaches including Petersen make bank and part of their job is to get shit fixed and if they can't then bring in someone during the offseason who can.

I think there are certain limits on the size of the staff. Idk all of the regulations that apply with that.

Part of me is inclined to believe that Browning's velocity improvement has been exaggerated and/or is a result of not being in a live game situation. When I watched him at the NFL combine, he was just throwing specific routes he knew in advance with nobody covering the receiver. I'm really interested in seeing how he looks in the preseason.

UW Dawg Pound usually posts articles about how UW players were looking in camp and I didn't hear anything about Browning.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm really excited about landing Murao. I was out day drinking when the news broke so I didn't see it until this morning when I woke up and was scrolling Facebook and saw something about UW landing a big time offensive lineman and was actually shocked to see it was Murao.

This is great news because the Huskies will need a new center in 2020 and he seems like a guy who could legitimately push for early playing time. If we land Hatchett it will objectively be one of the best offensive line classes in the country and likely the best in UW history.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hatchett, Sam Adams Jr., LV Bunkley-Shelton and Ayden Hector would be a homerun.

Probably a good thing that we recruited well on the defensive line the past two years because it's looking like slim pickins this year.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And were you two bitchin just the other day about how this coaching staff hadn't recruited shit yet???

Where are they ranked now?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It seems every time he posts something like this, someone commits soon. There was an article that Myles Murao was a silent commit for almost a week before announcing. I wonder if it could be Hatchett, he said he wanted to make his decision before he started the school year. I'd have to imagine he'd be excited about joining this group.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And were you two bitchin just the other day about how this coaching staff hadn't recruited shit yet???

Where are they ranked now?

I'll happily concede that things have changed with the big time commitments of Myles Murao, Jalen McMillan and Roger Rosengarten in the last month. We still have a ways to go though. Hopefully they continue riding this wave.

Without getting into the legitimacy of recruiting class rankings, I'm still pessimistic about how high the class will be ranked. If the Dawgs finish top 16 again, I'll happily change my SportsHoopla signature to "I was wrong, McNabb was right. I'll never doubt him on recruiting again."

The best part about pessimism is that when you're wrong it works out in your favor...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AlaskaGuy

I don't know if this is legit or if you saw it, but this was posted on Husky Nation. Smalls might have changed his mind after realizing he's not getting as much attention anymore.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AlaskaGuy

I don't know if this is legit or if you saw it, but this was posted on Husky Nation. Smalls might have changed his mind after realizing he's not getting as much attention anymore.

I saw this last night on Facebook. He's a major attention wh0re imo. It would be nice to land this kid but if UW didn't it wouldn't bother me one bit.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this last night on Facebook. He's a major attention wh0re imo. It would be nice to land this kid but if UW didn't it wouldn't bother me one bit.

I don't think anyone would disagree on him being an attention whore and if this is legit, I have a feeling he is only including UW because he wants the attention that disappeared when he said we were out of contention.

It's frustrating because he's such an elite talent but seems like such a prima donna.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone would disagree on him being an attention whore and if this is legit, I have a feeling he is only including UW because he wants the attention that disappeared when he said we were out of contention.

It's frustrating because he's such an elite talent but seems like such a prima donna.
This kid is going to go down as a total twat in a lot UW fans eyes imo if he commits anywhere else but Washington.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid is going to go down as a total twat in a lot UW fans eyes imo if he commits anywhere else but Washington.

Lets hope he goes somewhere else, he would only be a headcase and never really pan out at UW so let him walk and be someone else's headache

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will say that if he does somehow pick Washington, I will very conveniently pretend I didn't make all of those negative comments about him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope he goes somewhere else, he would only be a headcase and never really pan out at UW so let him walk and be someone else's headache

If he goes somewhere else, let's hope you're right. If he comes here, let's hope you're wrong.

Given his talent I want to land him. The thing that worries me harps back to a point you made about high profile recruits wanting to transfer after not getting playing time. Given his massive ego I could see him entering the transfer portal if/when he realizes he's going to have to learn the system and beat out more experienced players for playing time. Obviously it's hard to say.

For his sake he better realize the second he signs that letter of intent he's no longer going to be treated like a princess because of his 5* rating. Any decent coach will just treat him as another piece of a cog and that's going to be a huge reality check for him.