• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Patriots News

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well either way if Gilmore has tested positive it just further supports this season should have been scrapped IMO

If Cam had a high Ankle sprain last week and Gilly had a bad hamstring this week should the season have been scrapped?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cam had a high Ankle sprain last week and Gilly had a bad hamstring this week should the season have been scrapped?
Why would we discuss IFs when we have reality right in front of us? And I don't meant the Pats season I mean the entire NFL season.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we discuss IFs when we have reality right in front of us? And I don't meant the Pats season I mean the entire NFL season.
Why not discuss ifs.
Why would they cancel the season IF the percentage of players that contact the virus is no different than any other segmant of the amaerican population
Why cancel the season IF the percentage may be less.
Why cancel the season IF the season can go on?

Reality is we have had two people out sick. That is not uncommon.
It is not a season ending injury. The players that felt it was not worth the risk were given the opportunity to sit out. Those that chose to are.
Otherwise, there is no need to cancel the season.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One Word

Pandemic
and damn that's a good argument. It seems lost that in certain circumstances we should be acting for the good of all. The truth is the payers face little risk of death on long term effects (or so is being said), but the person they pass the virus onto may be less fortunate.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and damn that's a good argument. It seems lost that in certain circumstances we should be acting for the good of all. The truth is the payers face little risk of death on long term effects (or so is being said), but the person they pass the virus onto may be less fortunate.
Exactly and it not about life or death permanent lung scarring can occur with this crap. I get it it's a money grab in the end I just don't think it was worth the risk.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not discuss ifs.
Why would they cancel the season IF the percentage of players that contact the virus is no different than any other segmant of the amaerican population

It is not a season ending injury. The players that felt it was not worth the risk were given the opportunity to sit out. Those that chose to are.
I wont discuss ifs because its all conjecture, we know for a fact there is a Pandemic we know for a fact it's cycling through the league.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not discuss ifs.

Good rebuttal... and we can't answer these questions until the pandemic has played itself out. Maybe heard immunization kicks in or a can drug/supplement controls it. Or maybe we have two more years of somewhat quarantining. It's really sad when someone dies because someone else took a risk.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont discuss ifs because its all conjecture, we know for a fact there is a Pandemic we know for a fact it's cycling through the league.
We know for a fact that it is cycling through every aspect of our lives.
So be cautious and carry on.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really sad when someone dies because someone else took a risk.

Like texting and driving or drinking and driving.
Or leaving loaded guns around kids.
Or leaving a liquor cabinet unlocked around prom time.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like texting and driving or drinking and driving.
Or leaving loaded guns around kids.
Or leaving a liquor cabinet unlocked around prom time.
and we should address these issue one at a time? Maybe we'll get pimps to stop killing prostitutes, then move on to the other items on the list?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and we should address these issue one at a time? Maybe we'll get pimps to stop killing prostitutes, then move on to the other items on the list?

I say we start with serial killer truck drivers, then move on to corporate farmers who market lettuce with E-Coli and Salmonella.
But yeah, pimps are pretty high on the list too.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we start with serial killer truck drivers, then move on to corporate farmers who market lettuce with E-Coli and Salmonella.
But yeah, pimps are pretty high on the list too.
Just to clarify, though I'm pretty sure you got my point... Just because there's overt focus on an item, that doesn't mean there's no focus on other items too. The fact that we can have a list like this sucks enough without all the infighting that goes on about how to address them.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to clarify, though I'm pretty sure you got my point... Just because there's overt focus on an item, that doesn't mean there's no focus on other items too. The fact that we can have a list like this sucks enough without all the infighting that goes on about how to address them.

I'm not infighting...Im just sitting here typing whatever stupid shit comes to me while I listen to van Halen.

Apologies if my stupid shit doesn't make you laugh like it does me.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not infighting...Im just sitting here typing whatever stupid shit comes to me while I listen to van Halen.

Apologies if my stupid shit doesn't make you laugh like it does me.
The infighting was direct at the world.... and no apology needed since your stupid shit makes me laugh.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots cancelled practice Wednesday

Appears that Thursday practice will also be scrapped.

Practice Friday, walk through Saturday, Game Sunday.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, why should the season have been scrapped? If nobody dies, which is almost certain to be the case, then why does it matter?

In my opinion, this whole thing has become strictly about catching the virus and not about the fact that it's practically harmless to healthy people. The players who had concerns about themselves or their families opted out.
I once would have agreed - but now I know plenty of people otherwise healthy, have had ingering symptoms and sometimes permanent......

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southside: please elaborate for the benefit of all of us.
I have contact with a lot of people - many of which come from other areas.
Some have had contacts test positive, Some here on base have tested positive.
Some have had friends who have died.
Survivors sometimes have symptoms who have not yet gone away......