• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Patriots News

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from Greg Bedard's column. I see if I can find some way to get the entire article. This is an exerpt from Patriotsnews.com

At the end of the day, Tom Brady’s Patriots departure might’ve been the best thing for everyone.

The future Hall of Fame quarterback was noticeably grumpy throughout last season, which saw New England’s offense struggle with a depleted, inexperienced receiving corps. Whether it was due to the offense’s issues or his looming contract situation and free agency — or a bit of both — Brady was not his normal self in 2019.

And, according to Boston Sports Journal’s Greg Bedard, some within the Patriots organization weren’t heartbroken when Brady left for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers during the offseason.

Check out this excerpt from his column published Saturday:

And I will admit to you that from what I’ve heard since Tom Brady departed, the Patriots did need a vibe change in the locker room because a dour Brady, which start to crop up at the end of 2018, took its toll on the Patriots last season. It was so bad that some of his teammates have admittedly privately that it was better for all involved that Brady moved on if he was going to have the same attitude this season.

Ultimately, Brady had a right to be upset. The Patriots did little to address their glaring need at receiver — the Antonio Brown stuff is a totally different conversation — and the franchise and head coach he gave everything refused to commit to him long-term.

Of course, a case can be made that Belichick and the Patriots were justified in much of what they did, and continue to do as the franchise moves into a new era.

Still, there comes a time when a bad attitude goes beyond mere pouting, and it’s apparent that Brady reached that point.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from Greg Bedard's column. I see if I can find some way to get the entire article. This is an exerpt from Patriotsnews.com

At the end of the day, Tom Brady’s Patriots departure might’ve been the best thing for everyone.

The future Hall of Fame quarterback was noticeably grumpy throughout last season, which saw New England’s offense struggle with a depleted, inexperienced receiving corps. Whether it was due to the offense’s issues or his looming contract situation and free agency — or a bit of both — Brady was not his normal self in 2019.

And, according to Boston Sports Journal’s Greg Bedard, some within the Patriots organization weren’t heartbroken when Brady left for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers during the offseason.

Check out this excerpt from his column published Saturday:

And I will admit to you that from what I’ve heard since Tom Brady departed, the Patriots did need a vibe change in the locker room because a dour Brady, which start to crop up at the end of 2018, took its toll on the Patriots last season. It was so bad that some of his teammates have admittedly privately that it was better for all involved that Brady moved on if he was going to have the same attitude this season.

Ultimately, Brady had a right to be upset. The Patriots did little to address their glaring need at receiver — the Antonio Brown stuff is a totally different conversation — and the franchise and head coach he gave everything refused to commit to him long-term.

Of course, a case can be made that Belichick and the Patriots were justified in much of what they did, and continue to do as the franchise moves into a new era.

Still, there comes a time when a bad attitude goes beyond mere pouting, and it’s apparent that Brady reached that point.

Disagree with the statement that Brady had the right to be upset.

First time ever drafting a WR in the first round, brought in AB and traded for Sanu.
And he still froze out those he didn't click with.

I am really interested to see the Dorsett production in Seattle.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB Had to realize he was not the future in NE. There is a time to let go it was that time for both sides. TB will forever be cherished in NE both sides have the right to do what is best for them.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB Had to realize he was not the future in NE. There is a time to let go it was that time for both sides. TB will forever be cherished in NE both sides have the right to do what is best for them.

Once TB started getting called GOAT, you had to know that eventually one wheel or the other would fall off the cart. I don't 'blame' anyone. It's a natural process and age is an unforgiving bitch. The NFC is a bit more brutal than the AFC and the division competition is much nastier. Tom might be in for a bit of a shock because 'roughing' is called about 20% less between NFC opponents. Have to remember that the NFC is the old NFL and were playing long before the kids that were born in 1960.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOXBORO, Mass. — Notes and observations from Monday’s New England Patriots practice:

— Running back Damien Harris and defensive tackle Beau Allen remained absent. They’re prime candidates to land on injured reserve ahead of Sunday’s season opener against the Miami Dolphins at Gillette Stadium.

— Wide receiver/punt returner Gunner Olszewski returned to practice after missing the previous three sessions — a positive sign for his Week 1 availability.

— Rookies who made the Patriots’ 53-man roster received new, position-appropriate jersey numbers after wearing temporary digits throughout the summer.

Safety Kyle Dugger (second round) will wear No. 35, which running back Lamar Miller sported before his release this past weekend. Tight end Devin Asiasi (third round) will wear No. 86, the same number he wore at UCLA. Tight end Dalton Keene (third round), who played H-back at Virginia Tech and could see some snaps at fullback for the Patriots, will wear No. 44.

The Patriots have yet to announce the full list of number changes, which made taking full practice attendance challenging.

Rookies who signed to the practice squad still are wearing their temporary camp numbers, which range from No. 55 (kicker Justin Rohrwasser) to No. 77 (wide receiver Isaiah Zuber).

— The Patriots will release their first injury report of the season Wednesday.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't think that I've ever been this happy or excited about playing football." ...... Cam Newton.

"Bill Belichick seems to have a lot of pep in his step on the practice field." Ben Volin Boston Globe

"This team feels like every single man is running, not walking, in the same direction." .... Matthew Slater

These are comments I've been reading in different local newspapers (Boston Herald, Boston Globe, Lawrence Eagle Tribune" over this past weekend. I've been following the Patriots since I was 10 and I've been buying the Sunday Globe and herald since the mid 1970's. I can't remember ever reading as much positive stuff from the players while the media has downplayed everything.

I thinki I'll believe Slater and not the news reporters.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will return to cherishing TB and everything he did for the Pats, the NFL and Boston sports once he retires.
Until then...he's the enemy.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't think that I've ever been this happy or excited about playing football." ...... Cam Newton.

"Bill Belichick seems to have a lot of pep in his step on the practice field." Ben Volin Boston Globe

"This team feels like every single man is running, not walking, in the same direction." .... Matthew Slater

These are comments I've been reading in different local newspapers (Boston Herald, Boston Globe, Lawrence Eagle Tribune" over this past weekend. I've been following the Patriots since I was 10 and I've been buying the Sunday Globe and herald since the mid 1970's. I can't remember ever reading as much positive stuff from the players while the media has downplayed everything.

I thinki I'll believe Slater and not the news reporters.
I'll believe the standings as they evolve through the season.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a few questions:

Who wins the AFCE?

Pats Record?

Does Cam return to form?

Breakout Player?

Pass to Run Ratio?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wins the AFCE?
Pats Record?
Does Cam return to form?
Breakout Player?
Pass to Run Ratio?

Who wins the AFCE? Patriots will surprise and win for the 12th straight year
Pats Record? 10-6 or 11-5
Does Cam return to form? Cam will be in the running for MVP and will win Comeback Player of the Year
Breakout Player? Jacobi Meyers
Pass to Run Ratio 4:3 Cam will throw a lot of short stuff.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a few questions:

Who wins the AFCE?

Pats Record?

Does Cam return to form?

Breakout Player?

Pass to Run Ratio?

Great Questions I'll ansewr the 1st - New England
2nd 11-5
3rd - maybe but Cam will have a different game in NE and won't have to carry the team
4th - there will be many
5th 60-40 - but different in many games.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a few questions:

Who wins the AFCE?

Pats Record?

Does Cam return to form?

Breakout Player?

Pass to Run Ratio?

NE in a tie breaker
10-6
Not sure what his form is/was but he will have a good year
N'keal Harry (offense)
Ja'Whuan Bentley (defense)
Almost 50/50 closer 60/40 designed but Cam will take off a lot.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to a TV program about the upcoming NFL season.

The first question was ..... Are the Kansas City Chiefs the next NFL Dynasty?? Several of the commentators are all googoo and Gaagaa over the Chiefs but a female commentator said, "Are you already declaring the Patriots Dynasty over and done??" Of course, the immediate response was that TB12 is in Tampa and that Cam ain't TB12. She wasn't having any of it and said, "In the worst possible case, the Patriots will be a Wild Card and they will be in the playoffs. "You can bank on this. Belichick had a dysfunctional team in 2019 and still won. The 2020 team will not be dysfunctional and will surprise every single one of you. You can take this to the bank, If the Patriots are a Wild Card, they will win through and face either the Ravens or Chiefs in the AFC Championship. Belichick will not lose that game regardless of the opponent.

I haven't heard a national reporter even mention the Patriots in the playoffs, but she was really hyped and seemed almost pissed off. I had to run an errand for my wife and never got back to it. If I can find it I'll post where and the time if it's repeated.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was listening to a TV program about the upcoming NFL season.

The first question was ..... Are the Kansas City Chiefs the next NFL Dynasty?? Several of the commentators are all googoo and Gaagaa over the Chiefs but a female commentator said, "Are you already declaring the Patriots Dynasty over and done??" Of course, the immediate response was that TB12 is in Tampa and that Cam ain't TB12. She wasn't having any of it and said, "In the worst possible case, the Patriots will be a Wild Card and they will be in the playoffs. "You can bank on this. Belichick had a dysfunctional team in 2019 and still won. The 2020 team will not be dysfunctional and will surprise every single one of you. You can take this to the bank, If the Patriots are a Wild Card, they will win through and face either the Ravens or Chiefs in the AFC Championship. Belichick will not lose that game regardless of the opponent.

I haven't heard a national reporter even mention the Patriots in the playoffs, but she was really hyped and seemed almost pissed off. I had to run an errand for my wife and never got back to it. If I can find it I'll post where and the time if it's repeated.

They certainly have the talent but they're also very close to the cap. I don't see this team looking the same next season as it does now.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very little being said. JE's knee has been giving him some problems and BB has decided that he doesn't need to risk cranking it up so he's been off for the past couple of days.

The timeline for Yodny Cajuste’s NFL debut has been put on hold.

The New England Patriots placed the 24-year-old offensive tackle on injured reserve Thursday, according to the transaction wire.

The move, first reported by Mike Reiss of ESPN, will sideline Cajuste from the active roster for a minimum of three weeks. The former Big 12 Co-Offensive Lineman of the Year had been listed on the injury report as a non-participant for consecutive practices due to a knee issue.

Cajuste spent his rookie season of 2019 on the non-football injury list after undergoing quad surgery during the pre-draft process.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP, 98 that's a good run.

Sunday's game dedicated to Mom.