• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NHL Offseason Thread

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

frustrated summerslam 2006 GIF by WWE

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta move Flower. Plus.

As insane as it sounds, still could be TOR. The possible landing spots are disappearing though
It would take trading Nylander at this point.

I would rather have Nylander than Piet.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would take trading Nylander at this point.

I would rather have Nylander than Piet.

Agreed about Nylander. But if they could cut Kerfoot and Johnsson loose (San Jose does not have much forward depth and have space as one example) thats almost the same money.

I dont think its likely either, but the list of teams currently with the space that he would probably want to sign with is very short. Anything is possible.

/edit A REAL hometown discount would help tremendously LOL

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed about Nylander. But if they could cut Kerfoot and Johnsson loose (San Jose does not have much forward depth and have space as one example) thats almost the same money.

I dont think its likely either, but the list of teams currently with the space that he would probably want to sign with is very short. Anything is possible.

/edit A REAL hometown discount would help tremendously LOL
The cap realities don’t really lend itself to a Pietro signing at this point. Even if you take from elsewhere on the roster to add him you’d have to find other people to fill important roles in the top 9 with next to no money.

I guess their discussions with him made it seem like a long shot for whatever reason - money, term, he didn’t seem enthused, etc. - and they wanted to get someone before the carousel stopped. It’s understandable. And they’ll still likely have to move out Johnsson fill out the roster.

(this is where Kessel’s cap hit, the extra million Marner is making and giving Simmonds about a half a mil more than I would’ve liked come back to bite a little)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Oilers swing a deal for MAF which would free up the necessary cap space to bring a certain free agent defenseman on board for Vegas.