• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to the Lamb vs Jeudy debate, I prefer CeeDee Lamb to Jerry Jeudy at this point in time
specifically because I believe CeeDee is far less QB Dependent. Jeudy has been blessed to play with a very good placement/anticipatory thrower in Tua Tagovailoa over the past two seasons. He is extremely nifty in his route running and separation, and that has shown in both his ability to uncover from slot on top of his ability after the catch where his movements are so sudden and clean it’s a joy to watch. I do have questions about his physicality to get off press given how much he plays slot, as he won’t be afforded the time to uncover he had at bama w/ their offensive system/personnel, but he at worst can be really good from slot in 11 personnel. I just don’t love the physicality he plays with from a snap to snap basis. He is far more finesse and is closer to a Calvin Ridley than an OBJ (which some have compared him to). Best comparison I see is Amari Cooper. Versatile guy who can get open and can do things, but not overly dominant. Still, would be a fantastic pair w/ such a physical specimen like Sutton. Jeudy doesn’t have the best ball skills as mered by his drops this season, and has shown some issues in traffic when the ball isn’t put in a great spot for him to create, but we are nitpicking. I really do like Jeudy, but I just think his game is more soft passing offense based.

CeeDee is not finesse. From his ability to beat physicality at the LOS to his tenacity at the catch point, dude competes. He doesn’t have the route running proficiency that Jeudy has atm (although I think the potential for it is there given his body control), but has extremely underrated YAC ability. His ability to drop his hips and maintain balance when changing direction is very reminiscent of Alvin Kamara. While not a true ‘blazer’ (although he should run almost the exact same as Jeudy) but plays with so much control he looks like Family Guy’s ‘greased up deaf guy when in the open field’. Add to it how natural he is going for the ball with strong hands, catch radius, and body control and he doesn’t need the world’s most consistently accurate QB but instead can live w/ a ‘general accuracy’ thrower (aka Lock to date…). On top of that, while Jerry Jeudy at least gets in the way of guys to block, CeeDee Lamb BRINGS it as a blocker. He and Sutton would make the best blocking WR duo in the NFL tbh. Not EXACTLY what you want from your WRs haha but man it’s little stuff like that that can show the heart and tenacity of a player. COMPETE!

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the draft capital to move around the draft if we want to. I do hope that we let the draft come to us, and take BPA on the board. We need to build some better depth and add youth to the team on Defense.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Dr Cyanide 28 Happy to see you came over to the Ceedee Lamb side of things!! We went back and forth on him a bit this offseason. Now that we have your blessing... done deal!!!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mingo KD Nixon has decided to remain at Colorado now for his SR year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s say we need 12 top caliber players to compete. Who’s on the list now and how far off are we

Miller
Aj
Jackson
Simmons Fa
Chubb
Risner
Sutton
Fant
S Harris FA

Lock ?? Hopefully qb has been found
D Jones ??
Lindsey ??? More of a complementary player

did not include James or Callahan since they are injury prone

need 4 more from FA and the draft

I think it’s very doable with this upcoming FA period and draft.

we’d be there if not for the failed first and 2nd round picks prior to 2018

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is important to look at the areas that we need to improve.

OLine:
I think we need a C and RG for next year. McGovern and Wilkinson might be able to be able to fill those slots. RT should be good if James can play. Better depth needed.

WR:
We need another guy to be a threat. Sutton is very good already and I think he can get better. The #2 WR is a huge question. Patrick shows some good things and may need more opportunity. Hamilton brings a different style, but has been inconsistent. Winfree might be able to be that guy, but we didn't get to see enough of him. I think adding someone through the draft would be good for either the #2 spot or depth.

DLine - Has been pretty good, but no one is under contract for next year.

CB - Depth and maybe more guys depending on how our injured guys come back, and what we decide to do with Chris Harris.

Those are the 4 areas I have concern with.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jess, you’re ok with LT??

I have not seen many games this year, but from what I have seen when watching on my phone Bolles penalties the second half of the year seem to be reduced greatly. Bolles has some ability, but I am not sure he is capable of playing with the proper technique, but I think he will be given another year no matter how good or bad he has been lately.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft a nice project T in the 3rd and let him develop behind Bolles. We have a great Oline coach .

I like the T from TCU

btw Bolles has played better the 2nd half

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolles is a speed bump. The passing game has looked better recently because Lock floats backwards in the pocket and can move while throwing off platform to deliver a catchable ball. Allen has a similar enough physical skillset that he was also able to mitigate the weaknesses of our O-line to a degree. The FO needs to build a team rather than expecting the next Peyton Manning to take a snap from Center for us any time soon because it ain't happening. Fix the line.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolles is a speed bump. The passing game has looked better recently because Lock floats backwards in the pocket and can move while throwing off platform to deliver a catchable ball. Allen has a similar enough physical skillset that he was also able to mitigate the weaknesses of our O-line to a degree. The FO needs to build a team rather than expecting the next Peyton Manning to take a snap from Center for us any time soon because it ain't happening. Fix the line.

How many of the Oline positions need to be addressed? LT/C/RG/RT? You can't replace all of the line and we just gave James the shiny new contract. Risner has been great. Leary will be cut. Bolles is still on a rookie contract and does bring a bit of nastiness to the line. He takes it too far sometimes, and seems to struggle to be in the proper position or use the proper technique leading to way too many penalties at times.

I agree the line needs to be addressed and only Risner is probably here in 4 years.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of the Oline positions need to be addressed? LT/C/RG/RT? You can't replace all of the line and we just gave James the shiny new contract. Risner has been great. Leary will be cut. Bolles is still on a rookie contract and does bring a bit of nastiness to the line. He takes it too far sometimes, and seems to struggle to be in the proper position or use the proper technique leading to way too many penalties at times.

I agree the line needs to be addressed and only Risner is probably here in 4 years.

Draft a LT and a Center high. Move McGovern back to RG. That fixes everything other than RT with two draft picks. James is under contract at RT for a while and his historical trend says he'll have an 'on' year next season. Let Bolles compete for the Swing Tackle position, bring in competition if necessary, be ready to cut him if he flops.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft a LT and a Center high. Move McGovern back to RG. That fixes everything other than RT with two draft picks. James is under contract at RT for a while and his historical trend says he'll have an 'on' year next season. Let Bolles compete for the Swing Tackle position, bring in competition if necessary, be ready to cut him if he flops.

Excellent plan. Post of the Month

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if McGovern wants to return next year? I don't recall anything saying he wanted out, but nothing about him wanting to be here for long haul.

There will be some interesting roster decisions this off-season.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft a nice project T in the 3rd and let him develop behind Bolles. We have a great Oline coach .

I like the T from TCU

btw Bolles has played better the 2nd half

Bolles did this to us last year as well.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on the idiots in the front office.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bolles is not in #68:dhd:
I

That said I would be perfectly happy Drafting OL the first 5 picks because I am fricken sick as hell of the Garbage we have lined up last 5 years.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons has been little salty lately like they offered him but not nearly enough

I do think he will be back they gushed a lot on him I am not as big a fan of him he is not any way physical enough for my taste.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake Forest WR Sage Surratt stays for his RS JR year. Great WR and gret decision.