• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Mariners Simulated Season

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole part just made me laugh

• Ten games into the simulation, the game presented us with the option to jump into a key moment late in a game to potentially turn the tide for the Mariners. Naturally, we immediately took that first chance, entering a road game against the White Sox on April 6. The Mariners were leading 3-2 with Carl Edwards Jr. on the mound, a runner on third and Jose Abreu up to bat. We got Abreu to hit a weak groundball to short … and then promptly threw White off first base to allow the runner to score. We walked the next batter on four pitches and allowed the White Sox to walk it off on a line drive by Leury Garcia. We are so sorry.
  • Long broke his hand the first week of April and missed two months.
  • Kyle Seager was the Mariners’ representative in the All-Star Game over Haniger. He injured his knee two days before the trade deadline.
  • About halfway through the season, we checked the team’s “morale.” Yoshihisa Hirano and Dee Gordon were listed as “angry” at the record because their expectations were for the Mariners to be “contenders.” Sure!
  • In early July, the Blue Jays offered Trent Thornton for Haniger. We declined.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole part just made me laugh

• Ten games into the simulation, the game presented us with the option to jump into a key moment late in a game to potentially turn the tide for the Mariners. Naturally, we immediately took that first chance, entering a road game against the White Sox on April 6. The Mariners were leading 3-2 with Carl Edwards Jr. on the mound, a runner on third and Jose Abreu up to bat. We got Abreu to hit a weak groundball to short … and then promptly threw White off first base to allow the runner to score. We walked the next batter on four pitches and allowed the White Sox to walk it off on a line drive by Leury Garcia. We are so sorry.
  • Long broke his hand the first week of April and missed two months.
  • Kyle Seager was the Mariners’ representative in the All-Star Game over Haniger. He injured his knee two days before the trade deadline.
  • About halfway through the season, we checked the team’s “morale.” Yoshihisa Hirano and Dee Gordon were listed as “angry” at the record because their expectations were for the Mariners to be “contenders.” Sure!
  • In early July, the Blue Jays offered Trent Thornton for Haniger. We declined.

How did they even get Haniger on the roster? I simulated the entire 2020 season and Haniger didn’t make the MLB roster until the September call ups. Also somehow Kukuchi was in AAA all year over Dunn who is like a 68 in the game.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have downloaded the game but haven't played it from what I have read they really gave us some of the most trash ratings in some of our players and butchered our whole minor league system. Marco Gonzales a guy who won 16 games last year with an ERA of under 4.00 is a 74 overall rating?

They have Dom Thompson Williams and Jake Scheiner as our top prospects?? Literally in every baseball article lists Kelenic and Rodriguez both as top 20 prospects in the top 100 prospects in all of baseball. San Diego studio is getting lazier and lazier with this I am not impressed.