• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 CFB East-West Shrine Game & Senior Bowl

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He for sure lacks the durability to be an every down back, but I think he can come in and run hard in intervals.

I think he can be an every down back in the NFL. I just can't be assured that past issues don't pop up in the pros. He has some limitations in pass pro right now but he has quality hands out of the backfield and that can't be denied.

I think I read where he's list top 60 to top 100 currently but he doesn't possess a 3rd gear yet alone a second gear once in the open field for transition to NFL and that's going to make him drop to 3rd day imo.

He's a ball of power running through contact with a damn good 1st cut and vision. many CFB RB don't have that as they most usually like to take the perceived easy outside zone versus between the tackles.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like too many CBs so far as top guys beyond Okudah. I am digging deeper to try to find some hidden gems.

You haven't watched much of the CFB CB then, imo.

Good look finding hidden gems.

TCU CB Gladney will surprise you and I've watched at minimum 7 or 8 games over the last two years.
After Okudha he's my 2nd favorite and hoping more that he's drafted by us than Okudah and I think Okudah is the clear cut favorite in this draft but believe Gladney will be better than him. jmho.

The Draft Network

The Draft Network

BB_72: their analysis is better than mine from a thoroughness perspective.

Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU (No. 12)
TCU at Oklahoma | 8 p.m. | Fox

A likely Day 2 propsect, Gladley is a long, lanky playmaker for the Horned Frogs, breaking up 12 passes each of the past two seasons, while pulling down three interceptions during that 23-game stretch.

If the listed weight of 183 pounds is accurate, the 6-foot corner could stand to add some meat to his frame, but strength is not an issue. He reportedly benches and cleans 400 pounds and can squat over 600.

Fast with quick feet and smooth transitions, Gladney has rapidly improved during his college career, allowing fewer than 50 percent of passes his direction to be completed this season.

BB_72: Gladney reportedly runs a 4.34 forty and I will almost guarantee he outperforms Okudah in the 40, 3-cone, short shuttle. Hands down. I doubt Okudah breaks 4.45. Speed isn't everything but Gladney, imo, will outperform him. The downfall will be everyone citing Okudah's near 200 lb frame automatically super-cedes Gladney's 183 and on game day it doesn't. Gladney won't hesitate to drop a RB and Okudah does consistently.

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Gladney for me in the 2nd round over Okudah in the 1st round.

I've got a few moves I'd like BQ to make in that 1st round at #3, for once in one of his 1st round draft's by him, in order to add some more talent to this team. (but that's just me as this team needs more young, inexpensive, top talent than just the current one pick in 1st three rounds)

I currently have LSU DE/OLB K'LaVon Chaisson (a Jack LB for the Lions) even over the super-hyped Chase Young. Young belongs on a team like Titans, Texans, Seattle, Bucs, imo. Washington maybe if they still run a 3-4 but Ron Rivera runs mostly a 4-3. Young would be an excellent replacement for former Redskin Preston Smith or currently Ryan Kerrigan.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant argue any of that. It is pretty damn accurate. I just think he can be a player later on with a lot of upside if he can fix the bad habits. I cant see him going later then the 4th though especially if his combine is decent.

I wouldn't object to him being drafted but it surely wouldn't be day 1 or day 2.

He definitely has the potential for upside. I think he could become a solid CB2 but it might be year 3.

I too doubt he makes it to day 3 but many stated that about Oruwariye last year including me.

Johnson has the length, height and frame but the mechanics and footwork will/should lower his status.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Gladney for me in the 2nd round over Okudah in the 1st round.

I've got a few moves I'd like BQ to make in that 1st round at #3, for once in one of his 1st round draft's by him, in order to add some more talent to this team. (but that's just me as this team needs more young, inexpensive, top talent than just the current one pick in 1st three rounds)

I currently have LSU DE/OLB K'LaVon Chaisson (a Jack LB for the Lions) even over the super-hyped Chase Young. Young belongs on a team like Titans, Texans, Seattle, Bucs, imo. Washington maybe if they still run a 3-4 but Ron Rivera runs mostly a 4-3. Young would be an excellent replacement for former Redskin Preston Smith or currently Ryan Kerrigan.

Not sure we will be able to trade back. Teams that need a QB are so far back they probably are not trading up. The 2 teams behind us need QBs but there is no reason for them to move. Miami wants Tua. SD wants Herbert.

Chaisson has great versatility but we need a pass rush. He would be a reach in the first round for sure. I can see in the 2nd or 3rd though. Definitely an option if Chase goes at 2. I would throw Okwara from ND in that list of LBs too. Up to 4 now. Unless FA is kind to us we are gonna have to draft 2 of them this year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chaisson has great versatility but we need a pass rush. He would be a reach in the first round for sure. I can see in the 2nd or 3rd though.

Nope, I'll disrespectfully disagree about Chaisson going in the 2nd or 3rd round. He's not some late bloomer. He tore his ACL in 1st game of 2018 season against Miami Hurricanes. It still takes 15-18 months for full recovery and Adrian Peterson is the anomaly or outlier in that quick recovery he had.

Granted, Chaisson doesn't have the stats like Young does but his speed, lower body flexibility and agility trumps Youngs and it isn't even close. At worst, Chaisson goes to Titans or Texans and more than likely ends up closer to Indy, TB, Atlanta.

ND Edge, Okwara, doesn't even come close to Chaisson's ability. Okawara needs to go to a true 3-4 also or a team like Seattle that uses him as a Leo like they did with Avril or Bruce Irvin. jmho.

Chaisson is #21 overall rated prospect on Draft Network and I guarantee he climbs on ESPN and CBS shortly if he hasn't already. I don't have a subscription to ESPN anymore.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would throw Okwara from ND in that list of LBs too. Up to 4 now. Unless FA is kind to us we are gonna have to draft 2 of them this year.

agree here with all.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure we will be able to trade back.

Highly debatable on not trading back.

Washington currently doesn't have a 2nd round and have drafted Bama big DE's/DT's Payne and Allen in 2017/2018 and then taking Montez Sweat Late 1st round last year. Rivera may gamble and trade back.
Ryan Kerrigan is on his last year and Young and Sweat as a combo may be too enticing to pass up. I highly doubt they trade way back and take a shot at Epenesa.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago Bears traded up one spot three years ago to draft Trubisky.

Jets traded up from #6 to #3 to secure drafting Darnold two years ago.

It is quite possible when you have Tua and Herbert available and teams like Miami, Chargers and even Panthers (now with a new HC and Cam ailing these last two years and his head not being in the game anymore. He's always been about his brand, fashion style, outside interests over football. New HC won't put up with that)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Draft Network 2020 prospect rankings

Julian Okwara College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

The Draft Network

Capture.PNG - #2 draft network.PNG

K'Lavon Chaisson College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

The Draft Network

Capture.PNG- #1 draft network.PNG

compare the two and tell me with a clearly unbiased homer opinion that you have towards Okwara of what your analysis is.

Stats wise Chaisson doesn't compare to either of Young or Okwara but eyeball test does to me when I watched Young's last 3 games he played against Michigan, Wisky and Clemson and his play doesn't compare to Chaisson's play when the latter played against Aunurn, Georgia, Bama and Oklahoma. You'd had to have watched those games that Chaisson played. imo.

Okwara's overall play diminished this year compared to last year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could easily see Miami trading with Washington or Detroit to get their QB just as much as I could see the Chargers and/or the Panthers doing the same if both let go of Rivers and Newton respectfully.

Don't count out Bruce Arians and the Bucs not franchise tagging Winston this year. Arians loves big armed QB's who can take deep shots down field. That's his M.O. with QB's but not QB's that are turnover machines like Winston is. If Arians falls for Herbert, he wouldn't hesitate to draft to draft him.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago Bears traded up one spot three years ago to draft Trubisky.

Jets traded up from #6 to #3 to secure drafting Darnold two years ago.

It is quite possible when you have Tua and Herbert available and teams like Miami, Chargers and even Panthers (now with a new HC and Cam ailing these last two years and his head not being in the game anymore. He's always been about his brand, fashion style, outside interests over football. New HC won't put up with that)

Carolina is our best shot for a trade up. Hopefully they pull the trigger. They could try with WA though instead of us.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Draft Network 2020 prospect rankings

Julian Okwara College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

The Draft Network

View attachment 229451

K'Lavon Chaisson College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

The Draft Network

View attachment 229452

compare the two and tell me with a clearly unbiased homer opinion that you have towards Okwara of what your analysis is.

Stats wise Chaisson doesn't compare to either of Young or Okwara but eyeball test does to me when I watched Young's last 3 games he played against Michigan, Wisky and Clemson and his play doesn't compare to Chaisson's play when the latter played against Aunurn, Georgia, Bama and Oklahoma. You'd had to have watched those games that Chaisson played. imo.

Okwara's overall play diminished this year compared to last year.

I watched Chaisson in the Alabama game was not impressed with his pass rush at all. I do love the rest of his game though and would not be disappointed with him as the pick.

Okwara's numbers dropped this year but watching him play he has incredible instincts. He is seldomly fooled on a play and is also versatile albeit not as much as Chaisson. Young is still the best IMO still. Heck we could draft 2 out of the 3 of them. Afernee Jennings is the 4th but he may go in the mid to late first so it would take a trade for us to be looking at him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina is our best shot for a trade up. Hopefully they pull the trigger. They could try with WA though instead of us.

or Indy or TB when it comes to Herbert. He's going top 8 regardless and probably higher. Maybe at 4 with the NYG if Tua is gone at #3.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Afernee Jennings is the 4th but he may go in the mid to late first so it would take a trade for us to be looking at him.

you don't want Jennings dropping into coverage like you would with Okwara or Chaisson.

Jennings has no business being talked about by the media being a possibility for 1st round or even top 50. Maybe Bama's Terrell Lewis somewhere after 40 overall. Lewis has been injury prone his entire time at bama.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Chaisson in the Alabama game was not impressed with his pass rush at all.

He made Bama's OT's look like they were stuck in quicksand for the most part (Wills and Leatherwood).

he needs to learn better hand placement and more pass rush moves but he has all of the tools outside of that.

Okwara is more refined with his pass rush right now but isn't anywhere nears as stout vs the run as Chaisson.

I'LL take either of those two at 10-14 in the 1st round and wouldn't be upset at all.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okwara's numbers dropped this year but watching him play he has incredible instincts. He is seldomly fooled on a play and is also versatile albeit not as much as Chaisson.

Agree here.

I just wanted to be a dick about your homer pick.

Neither will be there at #35 for us in the 2nd round and neither will Boise State End Curtis Weaver.

My point was not to hold all your cards on Chase Young or Jeffrey Okudah.

TJ Watt was chosen at #30 the same damn year we drafted Jarrad Davis at #21. Watt wasn't a Blue-Chip prospect but the kid has proven many a GM wrong including our own dip-wit GM.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't want Jennings dropping into coverage like you would with Okwara or Chaisson.

Jennings has no business being talked about by the media being a possibility for 1st round or even top 50. Maybe Bama's Terrell Lewis somewhere after 40 overall. Lewis has been injury prone his entire time at bama.

I here ya, its a big drop off. I am not too high on him either but I have him 4th. I have not looked at a ton of players though.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made Bama's OT's look like they were stuck in quicksand for the most part (Wills and Leatherwood).

he needs to learn better hand placement and more pass rush moves but he has all of the tools outside of that.

Okwara is more refined with his pass rush right now but isn't anywhere nears as stout vs the run as Chaisson.

I'LL take either of those two at 10-14 in the 1st round and wouldn't be upset at all.

It will depend on the combine numbers too. You know how that goes. I think Chaisson probably moves up to the middle of the first, but Okwara should still be there in the second. His stats are already hurting him and if he does not have better then average combine numbers he could take a big tumble.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chaisson probably moves up to the middle of the first,

He might go back to school as he's a Junior and try to get into the top 5 next year. I think that would be a mistake.

I agree that he's more inclined to move into top 15 but who knows.