• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 All Star Game

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Thread for all the All Star game festivities)

Starters announced tonight. Reserves will be announced next week.

East Starters: Giannis Antetokounmpo (captain), Pascal Siakam, Joel Embiid, Kemba Walker, Trae Young

West Starters: Lebron James (captain), Anthony Davis, Kawhi Leonard, Luka Doncic, James Harden

West was pretty much set in stone but some of those East spots are debatable. Trae Young should in no way be a starter. His team is just too bad, he's trash on defense (literally among the worst), and one could make a reasoned argument to leave him off the team altogether this year much less as a starter (not saying I agree, just saying it could be done). Ben Simmons should have gotten that spot.

I'd also argue Jimmy Butler deserves to be a starter over Siakam. Siakam has taken another jump development wise and Toronto is still playing well, but Butler has simply changed the atmosphere in Miami and elevated that team and those around him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The player vote need to go ASAP

They are too biased. I think I heard Chuck say Butler was voted 6th. That's just fucking bullshit. Don't be mad because you personally don't like him. Not his problem bumasses like Andrew Wiggins and KAT don't want to work hard.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are too biased. I think I heard Chuck say Butler was voted 6th. That's just fucking bullshit. Don't be mad because you personally don't like him. Not his problem bumasses like Andrew Wiggins and KAT don't want to work hard.

Yep media votes are more honest than players.

I'm completely fine with 50% fans and 50% media votes to determine the starters.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep media votes are more honest than players.

I'm completely fine with 50% fans and 50% media votes to determine the starters.

I'm not even sure I trust the fans with that high a percentage. They had Trae Young leading all guards in voting and do stupid shit like vote for Caruso or Tacko Fall. I guess you have to include them somehow, but its always bothered me how the fans vote sometimes especially considering all star appearances actually affect player's lives and reputations. At the very least, I think they need to cut out the methods where you can spam the vote. No more voting as many times as you want. You make an account (or use your social media account like Facebook) and vote once. There will still be ways to just make multiple accounts but most people won't bother taking the time.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea these player votes are horrible

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even sure I trust the fans with that high a percentage. They had Trae Young leading all guards in voting and do stupid shit like vote for Caruso or Tacko Fall. I guess you have to include them somehow, but its always bothered me how the fans vote sometimes especially considering all star appearances actually affect player's lives and reputations. At the very least, I think they need to cut out the methods where you can spam the vote. No more voting as many times as you want. You make an account (or use your social media account like Facebook) and vote once. There will still be ways to just make multiple accounts but most people won't bother taking the time.

Couldn't disagree more.

It's the fans game. It should be 100% the fans vote.

And for something that can actually effect their lives and reputations, the players sure don't seem to take it very seriously.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy.

Butler.

Robbed.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't disagree more.

It's the fans game. It should be 100% the fans vote.

And for something that can actually effect their lives and reputations, the players sure don't seem to take it very seriously.
It affects their pocket books.

They took the All STAR requirement out of the Super Max contract language.

But, not bonuses from your team or endorsers, like Nike, Gatorade etc..

Y'all wanna know why Gobert was crying about not making the All-Star team?

Because it cost him 1 million dollars...lol

More than any team in the NBA, the Jazz give their players financial incentives for playing and practicing well

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It affects their pocket books.

They took the All STAR requirement out of the Super Max contract language.

But, not bonuses from your team or endorsers, like Nike, Gatorade etc..

Y'all wanna know why Gobert was crying about not making the All-Star team?

Because it cost him 1 million dollars...lol

More than any team in the NBA, the Jazz give their players financial incentives for playing and practicing well

Then that's on them for signing contracts with bonuses that are tied to a popularity contest.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m with @trojanfan12 on this, the ASG should be 100% about the fans.

If they want to see Tacko Fall and Alex Caruso in the game, why the heck not?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m with @trojanfan12 on this, the ASG should be 100% about the fans.

If they want to see Tacko Fall and Alex Caruso in the game, why the heck not?

To me, it's one of 2 things:

If the NBA wants to continue to market the ASG as "the fans game". They need make it 100% a fan vote and live with the results. As you said, if the fans want to see Tacko Fall and The Bald Mamba...then so be it. It's their game.

If they want the media and/or players to decide. Then stop marketing it as the fans game, take away the fan vote and live with those results. Of course, the media and players have their own biases as well.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad for Kemba... this years version of the C's has been much more fun to root for... and it has much to do with Walker's A+ attitude as it does his ability.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,138.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they need to make it so your only allowed to vote once. Cuz I’m sure there’s ppl that just sit at home and vote all day so there player makes it that’s beating the system

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just not true. More than half of the roster is decided on performance.

Contracts often have bonuses that are tied to performance. Nothing wrong with that.

The ASG, at least the fan vote part, has always been a popularity contest.

So, if a player who has performed at an all star level, loses out on being an all star because another player who has performed similarly was more popular...and that player loses money because he signed a contract with a bonus tied to being an all star...that's on him.

Or, maybe he should take a look at why he's not as popular as the other guy?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contracts often have bonuses that are tied to performance. Nothing wrong with that.

The ASG, at least the fan vote part, has always been a popularity contest.

So, if a player who has performed at an all star level, loses out on being an all star because another player who has performed similarly was more popular...and that player loses money because he signed a contract with a bonus tied to being an all star...that's on him.

Or, maybe he should take a look at why he's not as popular as the other guy?

And I said before, more than half of the AS roster is decided on performance....not popularity

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I said before, more than half of the AS roster is decided on performance....not popularity

If you mean because only the starters are voted in by the fans, I agree.

Even then though, it may not be completely performance based. If you have 2 equally deserving players and one spot...the final decision may very well not be performance based either.

Either way, signing a contract with a bonus based on making the ASG is stupid. They're, at least partially, putting earning their bonus outside of their control.