• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 All Star Game

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the reality. WINNING MATTERS

The only real debate for Booker would be Ingram but if the vote went how I think, then it never came down to that. Believe Ingram was selected as a forward instead of WC which eliminated Booker. They were not going to give a guy on a 20-27 team one of the last 2 spots over CP3 or Mitchell.

Of the 14 reserves, only 1 of them play on a team not in playoffs position/a team with a losing record. If the West had better forward options then I don't even think Ingram would make it either.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
winning matters

Mr. 12 Wins aka All Star Starter

i

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
winning matters

Mr. 12 Wins aka All Star Starter

i

He was voted in as a starter largely by the fans. If he wasn't ranked so highly in the fan vote, its likely he doesn't get picked as a reserve considering the Beal has similar numbers and the Wizards are just as much trash as the Hawks and Beal got left out.

Hell, if it were my team, I'd pull Young and put in Derrick Rose for somehow keeping that injured mess of a team barely afloat in the playoff race.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the 11th year in a row Oklahoma City will have a player in the all star game. The longest streak in the NBA.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams are gonna honor the Bryants and the other victim with special jerseys.

Team Lebron will wear #2, in honor of Gigi
Team Giannis will wear #24 in honor of Kobe

The jerseys will have 9 stars for all those who lost their lives

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea these player votes are horrible

That's pretty funny.

That's like getting one vote for being Best Looking in high school and wondering who voted for you...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the reality. WINNING MATTERS

The only real debate for Booker would be Ingram but if the vote went how I think, then it never came down to that. Believe Ingram was selected as a forward instead of WC which eliminated Booker. They were not going to give a guy on a 20-27 team one of the last 2 spots over CP3 or Mitchell.

Of the 14 reserves, only 1 of them play on a team not in playoffs position/a team with a losing record. If the West had better forward options then I don't even think Ingram would make it either.

Meh, it's an exhibition. Give me the most exciting and interesting players in the league and stop pretending like this game is taken seriously whatsoever. If these players have clauses in their contracts for making the all-star team, they should consider something else for their next contract, like performance bonuses instead.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dame hurt his groin and is out for all the events this weekend. No word yet if they'll have a replacement for him in the All Star Game. It's sort of late to announce one but there's still time. Since he's a West player, I would think it would come from the West (sorry Bradley Beal). My guess would be Devin Booker

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dame hurt his groin and is out for all the events this weekend. No word yet if they'll have a replacement for him in the All Star Game. It's sort of late to announce one but there's still time. Since he's a West player, I would think it would come from the West (sorry Bradley Beal). My guess would be Devin Booker

It should really be Alex Caruso

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would think a certainty he is replaced...agree will be Booker.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dame still performing on Saturday night though

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a radical idea for a change to the AS game format that might add some real intrigue and make the games competitive. There are a couple flaws in this such as timing and rest, but here's my idea:

Combine the Rising Stars and the NBA Allstar game into essentially a single game for Sunday.

What you would do is you would have another draft for the Rising Stars to get their rosters, so no world vs. US. It would just be two drafted teams like the Allstar squads. And on Sunday, the two teams would play a 24 minute half. Each would be a Rising stars team against one of the All star teams. Winner of that half advances. Then you have a final 24 minute period between the two winners.

The Rising Stars you now for sure are going to go out there and try to win. Imagine if the rising stars are competitive and make it a game. The crowd would likely cheer for the underdog RS team. The shame of an AS squad not making it to the final half would be enough to get them to give it their all.

So basically fans would be able to watch 3, 24 minute halves on Sunday. Should both AS teams get there I think you'd see them take it a lot more seriously given that they actually had to exert some effort earlier.

(24 minute play-in 1) AllStars 1 vs. Rising Stars 1
(24 minute play-in 2) AllStars 2 vs. Rising Stars 2

Last 24 minute - Winners of both play-ins.