• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 NHL Season Thread

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear king's might be moving the 8th overall pic for pro help..... Not opposed to it as long as they get something worthwhile that makes sense and actually helps the team....
Picks 3-14 are all kind of meh
Nothing to get excited about.
If kings can get a solid D or goal scorer great.
Need one of each at least. Maybe a UFA .

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they pick a defenseman thats not great at defense?

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing what Chicago signed Jones for, it was probably best that that didn't happen for LA. People were saying he'd sign for $8mil/year but at $9.5/year starting next year that is pretty steep, and no way you could pair that while having Doughty already on the backend.

As for the draft, it felt like Kings def just went with need. Analysts seemed to think their were better players still available, but who really knows? Those 2 goalies fell to 15th and 20th, so I think there were probably opportunities for LA to trade down, OR trade up from their other spots if they wanted. Detroit moved up to 15th to take Cossa from 23rd, and it cost them the 23, 48, and a pick somewhere in the 100's. Seemed like a baller move by Detroit to make that splash.

Hoping LA does some more this weekend or next week into Free Agency.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing what Chicago signed Jones for, it was probably best that that didn't happen for LA. People were saying he'd sign for $8mil/year but at $9.5/year starting next year that is pretty steep, and no way you could pair that while having Doughty already on the backend.

As for the draft, it felt like Kings def just went with need. Analysts seemed to think their were better players still available, but who really knows? Those 2 goalies fell to 15th and 20th, so I think there were probably opportunities for LA to trade down, OR trade up from their other spots if they wanted. Detroit moved up to 15th to take Cossa from 23rd, and it cost them the 23, 48, and a pick somewhere in the 100's. Seemed like a baller move by Detroit to make that splash.

Hoping LA does some more this weekend or next week into Free Agency.
I was really hoping Blake would do something. I am at a point where I dont think he is going to do anything of substance. I hope I am wrong but I just felt like he was in a very good position to do something before the draft.

I am happy he didnt get Jones for what AAV is.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's UFA day, some of the deals I am seeing are ridiculous considering all the "flat cap" stuff we've been reading about. Ovechkin just resigned in Washington at 5 years/$47.5 million, a $9.5 million cap hit and a ton of signing bonuses that essentially make his contract buyout proof. He is about to turn 36, $9.5 million at age 40? Yikes - this is not going to age well and being a 35+ contract is subject to recapture penalties and retirement penalties.

Draft was OK, it's become redundant because the Kings already have the most loaded prospect pool in the league so I was hoping they would have made some moves. You need a dance partner for that though and while I'm sure they had some discussions from all accounts Yannetti was hell bent on picking his players this draft and not moving the pick unless something legitimate came up.

While I don't expect the Kings to be heavy hitters this UFA period, one area I can see Bowlby looking at - at least he better be looking at - are the unqualified RFAs that became UFAs today. There are some interesting names in there that might be more the market Blake will be looking at.

Last edited:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The king's cupboard is quite full, Unfortunately it's full of cans with no labels so no real idea what they even have. There are plenty of moves they could make To shore up this team and without with added youth make them at least compete each game.