• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think is the reason we continue to lose good posters from the board? Is it because the team has not been winning? Seems the numbers were larger during the WS days. Take a little time and see how many good posters have moved on. In my opinion it has hurt the board. Two of the latest to disappear are Ephland and Donaldson. Hate seeing this.

Was on ESPN board during WS days which had more visibility and traffic. Easier to get more activity there in the day

But yes more interest with Rangers once regular season hits. We shall see if that generates a little more activity.

I am on this board probably more than I should at times.
But the Rangers winning the WS means more than any other team. Definite Bucket list and it is all a process for them in another likely year of development

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think is the reason we continue to lose good posters from the board? Is it because the team has not been winning? Seems the numbers were larger during the WS days. Take a little time and see how many good posters have moved on. In my opinion it has hurt the board. Two of the latest to disappear are Ephland and Donaldson. Hate seeing this.
The ones who have left over the past half year or so I have no idea. The ones who left a year or two ago are probably either fair weather fans or fair weather posters. There were some guys on here who never wanted to read one negative thing about the team and if you wrote something negative they would come after you with both barrels. They would look foolish doing that now so they just don't come on here any more. They still probably follow the team and will be ready to discuss the team again when the team is winning.

I remember one guy in particular who made a sarcastic remark about me not liking either the Hamels trade or the Luctoy trade. He is probably still a fan, but he probably wouldn't be able to stand many of the comments on here now.

I suspect ill health gets one every once in awhile. I am afraid that might be what happened to Winding and maybe Donaldson.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the input. I do not want to see this board watered down.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the input. I do not want to see this board watered down.

My opinion is that people are noticing the lack of effort by the front office in putting together a good team.

It makes you not want to watch as much. I’m not ashamed to admit during the World Series years I watched around 130 games and I was excited before almost every game.

The last 2 years or so, I’ve watched around 70-80 games and I usually fast forward through some of it.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He finished well last year.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is that people are noticing the lack of effort by the front office in putting together a good team.

It makes you not want to watch as much. I’m not ashamed to admit during the World Series years I watched around 130 games and I was excited before almost every game.

The last 2 years or so, I’ve watched around 70-80 games and I usually fast forward through some of it.

Point well made and the longer it goes on the more we could lose but you hang in there.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice baseball weather today. Storms have passed. Beautiful

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There can be all kinds of reasons for people not on the board. Could be health, work, family and let's face it, when they were in the playoffs there is more to talk about. And when each game really means something the in-game activity really picks up. I know a few years ago my wife and I were helping our son and daughter-in-law out which took up a ton of our time. I don't think I commented the entire year. But I really do not like to just get on and rehash the same things over and over.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Little bit of contrast but velocity never been Teens issue

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Volquez has pitched 3 scoreless and Texas leads 1-0

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird comes in and gives up 5 earned in 1 2/3. Meanwhile the Rangers have struck out 8 times in 5 innings

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeClerc strikes out 3 after stinking it up

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Murph. Hope your around when the season starts.

Hey Duane, I will be around some. I haven't been on near like I used to be but I should be around more than I was the past couple seasons. I was working a ton but I have retired for the time being and just coaching baseball and soccer these days.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Duane, I will be around some. I haven't been on near like I used to be but I should be around more than I was the past couple seasons. I was working a ton but I have retired for the time being and just coaching baseball and soccer these days.
Enjoy retirement while you can. Pop in when you can, us diehards will be here.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear from you Murph and hope others will follow your lead. The more good baseball minds the better the board. I never stop learning and hope i don't. Let's get it going and get the rebuild over.

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There can be all kinds of reasons for people not on the board. Could be health, work, family and let's face it, when they were in the playoffs there is more to talk about. And when each game really means something the in-game activity really picks up. I know a few years ago my wife and I were helping our son and daughter-in-law out which took up a ton of our time. I don't think I commented the entire year. But I really do not like to just get on and rehash the same things over and over.

This is me. I don't post much, but I did back in the ESPN days. I do come on here during football season, but I just don't seem to have the time anymore. I guess I will always lurk..

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 K's and 15 LOB. Woody has a lot of work to do, getting these guys to put the ball in play and make more contact

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A little sidebar outside Ranger scope...
This guy was a true writer and journalist....one of the greats