• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Rookie draft

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Stomp wanted to tell you. After bickering about MR. Sanders. I have looked into this guy alot more. You have me believing, and believing you on his draft stock:suds:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my first pick this year won't be until the 3rd round (pick #48).
Can't imagine the worthless rookie garbage that will be available by then.
2019 Rookie Keeper and Dynasty Rankings | FantasyPros
Well, Joe - there have several over the past couple of yrs that went undrafted, by pros and/or the fantasy community that have made a name for themselves. ... just saying, that all the gems are necessarily early draft picks by either. ...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my first pick this year won't be until the 3rd round (pick #48).
Can't imagine the worthless rookie garbage that will be available by then.

2019 Rookie Keeper and Dynasty Rankings | FantasyPros
Pretty sure Phillip Lindsey wasn't drafted in any dynasty I'm in last year. Or Josh Adams, or going back in time, Thomas Rawls. Not saying anyone will be remotely on the radar, but, there's always potential you strike gold

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Phillip Lindsey wasn't drafted in any dynasty I'm in last year. Or Josh Adams, or going back in time, Thomas Rawls. Not saying anyone will be remotely on the radar, but, there's always potential you strike gold
I drafted Josh in D2.
I do my homework.
:yes:
Just not hearing too many good things about this year's class.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drafted Josh in D2.
I do my homework.
:yes:
Just not hearing too many good things about this year's class.
Damn..nice one, hope he sticks..for multiple reasons.

I'm not hearing much greatness either..not even at the top. Surely someone under the radar will fall into the right situation though

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bksballer drafted lindsay in D2
(I just looked last wk, did NOT remember that off the top of my head)

But agree with treff and lefty, no matter how smart we all think we are, we'll miss a couple rookies every year, just as important to manage your waiver spot as it is to research for the rookie draft in dynasty (imo)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn..nice one, hope he sticks..for multiple reasons.

I'm not hearing much greatness either..not even at the top. Surely someone under the radar will fall into the right situation though
Well, he only helped a little if I remember? And aren't Eagles rumored to be looking for a RB? From the rumors I can't tell if it's to challenge Adams, or for depth?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he only helped a little if I remember? And aren't Eagles rumored to be looking for a RB? From the rumors I can't tell if it's to challenge Adams, or for depth?
Yeah was only a 3-4 week stretch..but an important stretch at end of the year!

Last blurb I saw was the local beat guy doesn't think he'll even make the 53 man roster.. So my guess is they definitely are in the market

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uggh..and there's plenty of names still out there good enough to really screw any current Philly RB's-- Ajayi, Crowell, Lynch, Martin, Alex Collins, hell even CJ fricken Anderson, signing any of them would be bad for Adams, Clement and Smallwood

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to me, Jacobs is really just another good ALA back. Not saying he may not be the best in this class and he may be a starter somewhere, but just look at the numbers over the past 10yrs - they all produce running behind the consistently best oline in college. .... which doesn't always translate to great or even very good NFL numbers. If the hype is to compare him to Barkley, I think that's way over blown. ...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of that analysis is laughable. Montogomery forced more missed tackles than anyone in the ncaa. Yet this evaluator says he doesnt make anyone miss, not elusive, weaves around players rather than making them miss....
Thwres mixed reviews on his prowess at creating "missed tackles". Some say he's indeed shifty, others say he's too tight in the hips, however, most say he's powerful and explosive at the point of contact
The first time you posted that factoid, I went and watched one of those " every play"videos, and of course I can't find it any longer, but, what I saw, was pretty much that, a powerful dude who will blow through arm tackles, but rarely makes someone miss completely. That, combined with playing some of the worst defenses in the NCAA, with some of the worst attempts at tackling, and maybe even some questionable accounting of what constitutes a missed tackle..he's good..he just ain't THAT good

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thwres mixed reviews on his prowess at creating "missed tackles". Some say he's indeed shifty, others say he's too tight in the hips, however, most say he's powerful and explosive at the point of contact
The first time you posted that factoid, I went and watched one of those " every play"videos, and of course I can't find it any longer, but, what I saw, was pretty much that, a powerful dude who will blow through arm tackles, but rarely makes someone miss completely. That, combined with playing some of the worst defenses in the NCAA, with some of the worst attempts at tackling, and maybe even some questionable accounting of what constitutes a missed tackle..he's good..he just ain't THAT good
i mean you may be right, but he did something thats never been done before, something is workign. Even with guys that have played in the conference with poor D.

Mixon, Foreman, carson, recently. but mixon especially, SUprsingly not many RB's from the conference drafted

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the safest runners in this draft with a desirable combination of size, vision, toughness and creativity. He runs with impressive calm and instincts in the midst of interior mayhem, weaving and battering his way through traffic. Smart teams will recognize his ability to create yardage for himself with his eyes, footwork, contact balance and power.

• Instinctive runner with ability to stack moves
    • Offers no easy outs for tacklers
      • Adequate agility to elude one tackler and then punish the next
        • Runs with some tightness in his hips
        • Unable to make steep cuts against the grain on backside
          • Makes a tackler miss, but doesn't have juice to get away from the next one

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh don't get me wrong, he's definitely one of the better options. But he's got better things to point to than missed tackles stats, when the proof in the pudding doesn't really show anything extra ordinary in that department.
He ends up in one of the few places with a hole to fill, he'll fill it, I'm sure. But if he doesn't, I'm not so sure he beats out anyone else who's already entrenched and adequate themselves. Like he could probably take the TB job, but I'm not sure he could take Drake in Mia.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh don't get me wrong, he's definitely one of the better options. But he's got better things to point to than missed tackles stats, when the proof in the pudding doesn't really show anything extra ordinary in that department.
He ends up in one of the few places with a hole to fill, he'll fill it, I'm sure. But if he doesn't, I'm not so sure he beats out anyone else who's already entrenched and adequate themselves. Like he could probably take the TB job, but I'm not sure he could take Drake in Mia.
i just dont see how a guy could break a single season ncaa record of ANY CONFERENCE. and not have some ability to make guys miss........