• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Rookie draft

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he phenom in college or something?
One year phenom, who admittedly was behind Baker Mayfield until last year so its not like he definitively wasn't good enough to start, but still..one year. And at Oklahoma, 99% of the plays are fed to you from the sidelines after the teams line up..meaning ZERO experience with pre snap reads or progressions. The coach reads the defense, calls the play with the right route combinations, and that one receiver will be open, if he's not, tuck and run..basically. Granted that wasn't ALWAYS the case, but in general, that's what he succeeded with. So yea, I've got considerable doubts he can be successful at the next level. I felt the same about Mayfield, for the same reasons, and so far I'm wrong. However, Marriota, Winston, RGIII..they all looked pretty good as rookies too, until they had to actual adjust to what defenses were doing to them.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he phenom in college or something?

Yup 4361 passing yards, 42 passing TDs, 69% cp, 1001 rushing yards 12 rushing TDs, 7 inyerceptions, and only 5 passes batted(this stat is the one they like to repeat because of his size)

If the Lions traded up to #1 for him i'd be ecstatic(Stafford and pick 8 get it done BQ :hope:)

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup 4361 passing yards, 42 passing TDs, 69% cp, 1001 rushing yards 12 rushing TDs, 7 inyerceptions, and only 5 passes batted(this stat is the one they like to repeat because of his size)

If the Lions traded up to #1 for him i'd be ecstatic(Stafford and pick 8 get it done BQ :hope:)

Only problem with that?

Why would AZ want Stafford more than they would want picks?

If they don't think Rosen is their guy (he isn't) then they will draft Murray. Trading for a vet QB is a short term move.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem with that?

Why would AZ want Stafford more than they would want picks?

If they don't think Rosen is their guy (he isn't) then they will draft Murray. Trading for a vet QB is a short term move.

Wasn't really serious, but Stafford just turned 31 he could easily have another 6 to 8 years in him and he's a terrible fit for what the Lions are doing currently, but can be a top 10 QB in the right offense. I'd hate to see Stafford waste his prime years in the ground and pound offense Matt Pratricia is trying to bring to Detroit.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't really serious, but Stafford just turned 31 he could easily have another 6 to 8 years in him and he's a terrible fit for what the Lions are doing currently, but can be a top 10 QB in the right offense. I'd hate to see Stafford waste his prime years in the ground and pound offense Matt Pratricia is trying to bring to Detroit.
He wasted the first half of his prime in an aerial attack that generated zero playoff wins, and not a whole lot more personal accolades. Maybe its for the best

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Weis told a good story on Opening Drive Sirius this morning - they were talking about Kyler Murray/baseball stuff, and he said when he coached Samardjzdaidjzadjazza at Notre Dame, he got drafted by the Cubs in the 3rd round.

After college football season was over, the Cubs approached him and offered him 1st round money to forego the NFL draft altogether.

Charlie asked him how much the Cubs were offering, then asked if it was fully guaranteed contract.
After getting the answers, he advised Samardzija to get back in the Cubs' office and sign that deal immediately.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys, enlighten me.
Rotoworld is reporting both Gudens (OAK & WSH) are interested in Murray.
Why is this too small, poor interviewer such a big deal?

You're guess is as good as mine...I don't see it, at all.

It's funny because I just can't understand why Dwayne Haskins was by far the consensus first quarterback off the board going into the combine and because Kyler Murray measured half an inch taller than most thought and he had bigger hands than most thought now he's the #1 pick. I'll never understand how that makes any damn sense whatsoever. My whole thing with him is simply a "law of averages" thing. What are the odds that two straight quarterbacks enter the draft in back to back years out of the same program and are successful? I'll answer that for you, not very good at all.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny because I just can't understand why Dwayne Haskins was by far the consensus first quarterback off the board going into the combine and because Kyler Murray measured half an inch taller than most thought and he had bigger hands than most thought now he's the #1 pick. I'll never understand how that makes any damn sense whatsoever. My whole thing with him is simply a "law of averages" thing. What are the odds that two straight quarterbacks enter the draft in back to back years out of the same program and are successful? I'll answer that for you, not very good at all.
Even hearing whispers the his measurable where "inflated"
Saw the lil blurb on rotoworld rebutting the reports of Charley Casterly saying the interviews didn't go will. Casterly wasn't the only one saying that.

I think this is just one rookie head coach from the college ranks, falling in love with a great college athlete. Sure the kid can probably execute your system, but will your system even work?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network analyst crushes Kyler Murray

not to defend one side or another, but regardless you can say what are the odds a wr comes out mississippi valley state to be the GOAT? or 262308 what ifs, they get broken all the time. Murray very well may fail, he may succeed, but its been nothing but a bash fest.........

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network analyst crushes Kyler Murray

not to defend one side or another, but regardless you can say what are the odds a wr comes out mississippi valley state to be the GOAT? or 262308 what ifs, they get broken all the time. Murray very well may fail, he may succeed, but its been nothing but a bash fest.........
Casserly wasn't the only one saying he heard those same things. And more than one person has come out saying its all BS.. Awfully polarizing situation

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casserly wasn't the only one saying he heard those same things. And more than one person has come out saying its all BS.. Awfully polarizing situation
it is. regardless. if kingsbury likes him its all moot. but that being said sans size, he has the tools to kill it in an air raid system

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casserly report was all garbage.
He's just trying to throw a smoke screen so Murray would fall in the draft.

He runs some side hustle where he charges agents to prep college football players for their combine interviews.
Guess who didn't pay for those services? Yup, Murray didn't, then all of the sudden Casserly comes out with this fabricated report.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Weis told a good story on Opening Drive Sirius this morning - they were talking about Kyler Murray/baseball stuff, and he said when he coached Samardjzdaidjzadjazza at Notre Dame, he got drafted by the Cubs in the 3rd round.

After college football season was over, the Cubs approached him and offered him 1st round money to forego the NFL draft altogether.

Charlie asked him how much the Cubs were offering, then asked if it was fully guaranteed contract.
After getting the answers, he advised Samardzija to get back in the Cubs' office and sign that deal immediately.

Samardzija wasn't going to be the #1 overall pick.

I am quite sure his advice to Murray would be exactly the opposite.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he goes 1.

But if he doesn't, he is a lock to be top 10 and probably top 5.

There will be some teams that don't like him at all and others who love him. Those will drive the market. The price to get him is an aggressive trade up. Probably to 1.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samardzija wasn't going to be the #1 overall pick.

I am quite sure his advice to Murray would be exactly the opposite.

he said Samardzija had a mid-1st round grade on him at that time, and that was before the current rookie contract structure, so it would've been a nice payday from the NFL as well.

not saying his advice would change for Murray at all, but it wasn't like Samardzija was going to get a 4yr rookie deal before getting paid the big $s like today's mid-1st WR.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he goes 1.

But if he doesn't, he is a lock to be top 10 and probably top 5.

There will be some teams that don't like him at all and others who love him. Those will drive the market. The price to get him is an aggressive trade up. Probably to 1.
Begrudgingly, I agree, but only because Kingsbury holds the pick